“Perfect location, big rooms!”

Bamboo Bungalow Rest Houses
Ranked #91 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Trier, Germany
“Perfect location, big rooms!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

I would say the best price for a place right on white beach near boat station 2. I went with some friends and we wanted to be near the action. We couldnt have picked a better place! The first night the pub crawl sign up sheet was right out front and we had a blast!
After a long night, the free breakfast was perfect and well prepared. The best part was the big family room with ice cold A/C

Room Tip: If you want to wake up in a hammock looking at the water, choose the smaller rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LivingtheDream241

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hungarian first
Hong-Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I've come to Boracay every year since 2007 and I was last year at Bamboo Bungalow paying 3500 pesos a night. Their rooms are well maintained, the resort is well located but the price they dare to ask is much too expensive for the provided quality. This year, I inquired for the same period and the management asked 4000 pesos, (80 euros!!!!) for one night, even if I stayed 15 days. I think they have completely lost sense of reality. Around are plenty of resort much less pretentious. Just browse the web and go elsewhere cause we, as tourists, don't have to encourage this racket.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank RaphaelGillardeau
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Due to a late trip planning, I booked this hotel only 10 days before my arrival. Choices in Boracay were limited. However, I really enjoyed my stay there. The location of the hotel is perfect few meters away only from the beach. My Bungalow was clean and located in a relaxing and quiet place. If I have to find two negatives points: the breakfast was not so nice and can be improved and the Wifi speed in my room extremely difficult to reach and very slow.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Makati City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

Our barkada was really searching for a cheap hotel accomodation on our trip to Boracay in September 2012. Because we were 13 persons(10 adults with 3 kids), they were with their wives and kids, we really wanted to save money and when i checked online for Bamboo Grande Hotel in Agoda, i immediately sent an email inquiry directly to the hotel customer service (coz i do not have credit card to use in booking). When they replied, they quoted us 1 family room and 1 quad room good for 10pax already, kids were free of stay, which only costs P10,500 for a 3days 2 nights stay. Though it took us a week to reserve, they still gave the price they quoted. Breakfast for 2 per room includes the package plus they have free Wi-Fi access. The resort is located beachfront in Station 3 near Andoks, steps away going to Station 2. It's just that its hard to go back to the hotel after partying in Station 2.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 276fifi
Butuan, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel is good location in white beach boracay near d mall.we travel with my family.we choose the apartment type bungalow ..at first we appreciate the resort but we are so upset in hotel cleaners as they stole our money.We are just downstairs watching TV and i forgot that i we just put the few money in bag that it was upstairs and the cleaner just change the bed sheets..and few minutes they already change the sheets and when i went in room ,our money is gone,she left some few pesos so that they would think that they havent stole our money..how much more when they clean our room without the guest around?we never expected they would stole because we are just downstairs...and when we report to the management,it was nothing to them ,no action in what happen,we lost like almost P5,000 plus ..very disappointing resort

Room Tip: dont trust cleaners in room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank VicEtPascal
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed with my two daughters for 11 nights at the beach front room in February 2012. The room is big enough for a smaller family and has all necessary equipment including in room safe which was a nice surprise for me as this room was not equiped with a safe on my previous visit 4 years ago. The fridge was filled with water, coke, bier and other drinks every day and the room was cleaned each day including daily change of sheets and towels. My daughters were very satisfied. The complimentary breakfast was a bit "always the same", not too much to choose, but it is served in a nice location in the garden. The location is great, just in the middle of the White beach very near to D´Mall but the beachfront rooms are noisy at night as there is a live music restaurant and bar very near. The airport pick up was perfect, all is well organized through local travel agency. Staff was very helpful especially the main receptionist. There was a free Wi-fi available working very well also in the room. The price 4200 Php a night for this aircon beachfront room is fair for Boracay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank deegrii
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

My friend and I stayed in Boracay for a week over Easter. We stayed in room D1 which is near the front. The rooms were large and spacious with a big bathroom. Rooms had a safe, tv, fridge with water, gatorade, soft drinks and beer at cheaper prices than elsewhere. Bar soap and towels were provided in the bathroom. The room had a balcony with a hammock and two chairs and drying rack as well. Breakfast was included but left much to be desired. My friend got food poisoning from one of their fruit drinks on our last day. The beds and pillows were fine but not super comfortable. The location was excellent if you want to be where the "action" is. It located right beside D'Mall where all the shopping and restaurants are. One of the nice things about Bamboo Bungalows is that as soon as you enter the rooms you can't hear the noise and music coming from the beach. The beach is right out front and there are some beach chairs and umbrellas provided for the guests. It's a small area so seating is not always available. There were two minor annoyances when we arrived. First, I had requested airport pick up but forgot to send our flight details. They didn't bother to write back and ask so when we arrived at the airport and realized what had happened we had to go on our own. It wasn't really necessary to have airport pick up after all. However, once we made it to the island, the tricycle drivers overcharged us and then brought us to the wrong hotel (another Bamboo hotel in boat station 3). So, make sure you tell your driver that it is in Station 2 beside Red Coconut. Free Wi-fi is available but it didn't work inside our room and only sometimes partially worked on the balcony. Overall, it was a decent place to stay and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends