“Excellent location”

Bamboo Bungalow Rest Houses
Ranked #116 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We liked this place very much, even though in station 2 on the beach front with lot of actions, when you are back in the room, its very quite. Umbrellas on the beach exclusive for the hotel guests is free. Restaurants are just next doors, eating anything from cuisine around the world! a small cozy (EXIT Bar) in front of the hotel comes lively in the night, they have drum beats 3 times a week...great native drummers...liked them. The rooms are big and well maintained. The breakfast is very minimal, but that is ok to start the day!! The nightlife near the hotel is vibrant. Totally enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sam A

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Bamboo bungalow has that relaxing ambiance. Our family got 2 rooms and we were 3 per room. Our parent’s room was located at the beach front and they had a veranda with duyan. Though we were not satisfied with the air conditioner since it is summer and the weather is hot. We think that either it is too small for the room or it was placed in a wrong position (it is too low). But other than that, we find their room, okay. Just enough to rest. Well,at night, their room is very near the bar that makes it quite noisy if you’re not used to music.

Our room on the other hand was a 2 storey room. Sala and kitchen on the first floor and room and restroom on the second floor. I super love our room. You are free to use the kitchen and the furniture gave that vacation mode. Though again, their aircon was not that okay.

Our breakfast was served at 7:30AM and their wifi connection was okay. I was not able to get a good sleep because of the noise from the beachfront bars and the aircon was not so cold.

But over all, I like Bamboo Bungalow more if they can improve their ventilation system, like providing additional fans on the 1st floor and increasing their aircon capacity for a more comfortable room.

Room Tip: Rooms inside are better so noises from beachfront bars are less
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We went there during peak season and we couldn't have picked a better place to go to... It's just several paces away from the mall, right in the heart of all the action in Station2... And yet, entering your room, you can truly get the rest you crave as the ambience in the cottages are restful... I really loved the hammock that they provided in each of their cottages as well as the free wifi...
If there's one thing to improve, I would probably suggest 2 bathrooms instead of one in their apartment room good for 6, as well as providing an outdoor shower for all the guests to wash off the sand after a day at the beach rather than tracking sand on the hardwood floors...
Their free breakfast is great and I love the choices, but since they cook everything from scratch according to your specifications, waiting for breakfast may sometimes take between 30-40 minutes...
They don't have a fitness center and I really wish they would provide a swimming pool for the guests to swim in at night...

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a family or if you are going to Boracay with a group of friends... this is t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank doc4k1ds
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I would say the best price for a place right on white beach near boat station 2. I went with some friends and we wanted to be near the action. We couldnt have picked a better place! The first night the pub crawl sign up sheet was right out front and we had a blast!
After a long night, the free breakfast was perfect and well prepared. The best part was the big family room with ice cold A/C

Room Tip: If you want to wake up in a hammock looking at the water, choose the smaller rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LivingtheDream241
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I've come to Boracay every year since 2007 and I was last year at Bamboo Bungalow paying 3500 pesos a night. Their rooms are well maintained, the resort is well located but the price they dare to ask is much too expensive for the provided quality. This year, I inquired for the same period and the management asked 4000 pesos, (80 euros!!!!) for one night, even if I stayed 15 days. I think they have completely lost sense of reality. Around are plenty of resort much less pretentious. Just browse the web and go elsewhere cause we, as tourists, don't have to encourage this racket.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Raphael G
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Due to a late trip planning, I booked this hotel only 10 days before my arrival. Choices in Boracay were limited. However, I really enjoyed my stay there. The location of the hotel is perfect few meters away only from the beach. My Bungalow was clean and located in a relaxing and quiet place. If I have to find two negatives points: the breakfast was not so nice and can be improved and the Wifi speed in my room extremely difficult to reach and very slow.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Our barkada was really searching for a cheap hotel accomodation on our trip to Boracay in September 2012. Because we were 13 persons(10 adults with 3 kids), they were with their wives and kids, we really wanted to save money and when i checked online for Bamboo Grande Hotel in Agoda, i immediately sent an email inquiry directly to the hotel customer service (coz i do not have credit card to use in booking). When they replied, they quoted us 1 family room and 1 quad room good for 10pax already, kids were free of stay, which only costs P10,500 for a 3days 2 nights stay. Though it took us a week to reserve, they still gave the price they quoted. Breakfast for 2 per room includes the package plus they have free Wi-Fi access. The resort is located beachfront in Station 3 near Andoks, steps away going to Station 2. It's just that its hard to go back to the hotel after partying in Station 2.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends