“An Aquamarine Dream”

Ranked #83 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Ottawa,Canada
“An Aquamarine Dream”
Reviewed 17 July 2006

Wow....I have never seen a beach more beautiful than Boracay"s White Beach. I was there in late June and was amazed by both the beach and the people. It was like "a blue-green aquamarine dream". We stayed at Bans Beach Resort in a small cottage with a veranda (near boat station 1). It was clean and had all the amenities a visitor would require. The staff were friendly and courteous....I will definately come back...In fact I will be going back next year.
Rating A+++

Robert Brown
Ottawa Canada

7 Thank RobBrown

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manila
Reviewed 6 May 2006

My family stayed at Bans for 3 days and 2 nights and we had a pleasant experience there. We were on a budget and a friend suggested this place as it had some of the lowest rates in Station 1 and it was beachfront. Of course, the dearth of information available online had me worried. I was , in fact , ready to be disappointed. I knew it would be a no - frills place with no pool or fancy amenities but I really didn't need them. Our room was a nice little cottage with a native bahay kubo design which i liked better than the large imposing cement structures of the fancier hotels.Although it turns out the interiors were made of solid cement as well. Inside , we had a 21-inch cable tv, aircon, a small ref, an electric thermos, a clean bathroom with surprisingly strong water pressure for my hot and cold shower and a cute verandah where my brother hung out to "chill" . I did see that the hut beside ours only had a 14-inch tv, so amenities might differ. I also liked how the huts were separate from each other so I wouldn't have to worry about stepping out of the sea and dripping on the hallway. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They offered to keep our bags in their small office while we waited for the previous occupants of our room to check out. They also helped us coordinate our island tour and our tricycle out of the island.

My only complaint would be the free breakfast for 2 people only even if there were 5 of us. The meal was not filling as it consisted of ( either 1 shrivelled longganisa or 2 vienna sausages or a small portion of corned beef or half a bangus), 1 cup of rice, 1 egg and coffee or tea.
Bottom line: Stay at Bans if you're looking for a practical and affordable place that's clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2006
21 Thank mojacko
hong kong
Reviewed 23 April 2006

i went to baracay with my bf on jan
we are first stay in ''BANS'' RESORT

this is not a resort i can say ...is much more worse the a ''MOTEL''
especialy your room is just next to the local people
wow that suprise!!!

the hotel is WITH A VERY TERRIBLE SERVICE and HYGIENE !!!!
this is the must terrible expenrence in my life which is with unacceptable room rate US$100++/PER NIGHT
which i paid total 7 days to agents ,there are total US$700++/Per

the BED , BED SHEET , BATHROOM wear full of DIRT
and the staff are very UNFRIENDLY that they dont even want to change my bed sheet on and on.....

FINIALLY i decied to change hotel
i left a strong complant with a very rule reply and did not refund the rest of the money for my room.....blap blap ...

anyway i mover to the one which cost me US$200/PER(it expensive)
but it worth !!!!!

if you dont want to weast your money ...
must not stay in this goast place...
there are loads of hotel , resort around~!!! but not is one! trust me on my horrible expenrence!

• Stayed January 2006
15 Thank mccm11

Travellers are raving about these Boracay hotels