“Construction is complete” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 165 Speciality Lodging in Boracay
BC
“Construction is complete”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We just spent our third visit to Boracay and again stayed at Isla Gecko. They finished their upgrade and expansion, so we stayed in one of the new rooms on the upper floors. They are even more spacious and offer slide out beds for larger families. We enjoyed the breakfast quickly prepared by the friendly staff, some of them are new additions from last year. We heartily recommend this hotel for the value you get for your money.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Zotty

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Pablo City, San Pablo, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived in boracay got lost in looking for the hotel. No credit card terminal to process the payment. No signal for wifi in the room stayed and cant even do cancellation. Breakfast is not available until 730am. And with the construction going on the area. It is very difficult to access the beach.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rainluvs03
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stay in Boracay this new year 2014 (peak season). It was a good thing we found this resort and get rooms (family and deluxe) for 2 families with young kids. Location wise it's near white beach (less than 5 mins walk) and right next door to d' mall (shopping and dining haven). What made our stay complete are the friendly staffs and owners who made us feel right at home. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a convenient place on a budget. If there is one thing that I noticed is the unpaved side road going inside from the main street, but otherwise shouldn't be an issue if you have small travel bags (not luggage). Tip: you can call ahead and ask for help and they'll happily send someone to carry your bags for you. :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mactripasia
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at Isla Gecko for a week around Christmas and New Years last year. The rooms were simple but comfortable for what we paid. Breakfast was good every morning, along with fresh smoothies. Most importantly, the owner (Teddy) and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I asked if they served mojitos at the bar, and when they didn't know how to make them, I told the owner the recipe and he sent someone into town to buy the ingredients for me. I got a very bad fever while there, and the owner gave me medicine and ordered me food from another restaurant. Finally, after getting some salt water in my iphone and it stopped working, he personally accompanied me to a local shop to have it repaired for a very good price.
Very good value and experience for the price we paid. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: A staff member told me they are renovating at the moment, so things could be totally different. I wo...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Guerrilla56
sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

i was here with family for 4days, we had the family room which was small but comfy,owner is A+ but bathroom need major attention, as tiles looks pretty dirty and its very noisy when you are in the toilet because its so close to the air-con that's outside. beside that this place is ok

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Makati City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

It was a first time for me to visit Boracay and I want it to be as fun and memorable as possible, since I will be bringing my 9-month old baby. I didn't opt to book in a luxury hotel since I know that we won't be staying there all day aside from the fact that it would cost me a lot. A colleague of mine suggested this and the moment I checked their website I knew I have found a place that fits my preference! I didn't have any problems from booking and during our stay there. It was a great location where you can enjoy all day in the beach and have a good night sleep regardless of how busy Boracay is 24/7. It's not beachfront but it was a minute walk from the shore so not a hassle should you leave anything behind. Definitely worth the stay!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank grittygrazh
Woodford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I have read some comments of this place that sounds not so pleasant. I am returning guest to Isla Gecko every time I am in Boracay Philippines for my kite boarding. I stayed in this hotel since from the old owner until they sold it 18 months ago and I still choose Isla Gecko as my home in Boracay. Over all of my stay in this hotel, I have never experience a bed bug specially for the length of my stay.

Mosquito is not an issue for me because there are mosquito’s everywhere in the island it’s just a matter of, you should be aware of it as it is very common in Asia. You even get mosquito’s on the beach. Some people are just so fussy.

The hotel is 1 minute walk off the beach which has the advantage that it is quite at night. And that is the reason why I love Isla Gecko because I feel that it is my home and only a short walk to my kite boarding area in Bolabog and close to popular D-mall where I can get all what I need. Only a 3 minute walk to the banks and ATM machine. It ‘s only a 2 minute walk to my favorite restaurant where you can buy fresh vegetables and seafood’s and pay a cooking charge.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo