One Crescent Place
  • Breakfast included
Seabird International Resort(Boracay)(Great Value!)
US$70
TravelBook.ph
  • Beachfront
The Boracay Crown Beach Hotel(Boracay)(Great Value!)
US$48
  • Breakfast included
    Nami Resort(Boracay)
    Great 4.5/5
    • Restaurant
    • Beachfront
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    • Pool
    All reviewsminute walkbeach towelsfriendly staff and good breakfastsurf the netgreat quiet locationhigh floorwhite beachbasketball courtwilly's rockfilipino breakfastsmall hotelgreat place to staydaily breakfastceiling fanboutique hotelstation beachpremier room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 23 February 2010

We stayed here from February 12 - 18, 2010 and obviously the price was a bit more due to Chinese New Year high season fares. Although the hotel is not located right on the beach, it is situated 5 min walking distance away, and in the nice area of the beach (very close to Fridays). The staff are super attentive and rooms are clean. We had a room with a balcony facing the entrance. But do becareful, as our friends were staying on the 3rd floor, facing the back, because there's a big tree outside their room, they had burglars climb in and steal the whole safe deposit box (which was not nailed to the wall, but just to the closet). So we ended up just carrying our valuables with us (which was a bit annoying). But I feel that can happen at pretty much any hotel, as theft and cheating can be quite common.

On a side note, took Zest airlines from Manila there. The airline is as bad as a lot of people complained about. Times were changed without notifying us. So just becareful if you're flying with Zest. Am including a photo which depicts how the Zest airport counter looks like. The employees seem to be having a lot of fun, but not the travelers. :) It took us 30 minutes to check in because they couldn't get the computer to print out the boarding pass. There were three people fixing the printer.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank babycat921
    armieocp, Management at One Crescent Place, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2010

Hello from One Crescent Place Hotel,

We were so concerned of this incident. Just to keep everyone posted, we have put in some basic and high tech solutions to minimize the possibility if not totally eliminate theft. This is the first time that theft has happened to us.

1) We’ve cut the neighbor’s tree branch that was close to the third floor balcony on the back-side of the building;
    2) We have put security lights at the back-side of the building;
    3) We’ve rewired our balcony lights, independent now of the room electronic cut-off switch;
    4) We log the ins and outs of guests;
    5) We now double check that sliding doors are closed and locked when guests leave for a night out;
    6) We’ve contacted the Barangay Captain (Village Chief) to bolster the security in the general area;
    7) We’re started to bolt all the safety boxes to the walls as well as the cabinets and put metal provisions;
    8) We’ve put extra night person during busy times;
    9) We’ve put infrared cameras that record 24 hours a day to monitor the perimeter walls of the building;
    10) We’ve put other subtle deterrents, safeguards, procedures.

We’ll work more with our staff, our guests, and the community for the safety and security of everyone.

OCP Management

Reviewed 6 January 2008

What a great experience. This place is excellent! We arrived on Boracay on Christmas Day and were greeted by a representative at Caticlan Airport. We were promptly brought to our Hotel where a refreshing drink was waiting for us.

Check-in was quick and simple. We were givien two rooms on the second floor. This place is clean! The rooms are well appointed and are very modern. It's nice to come in off the beach and know that there is a safe and clean room waiting for you.

The staff is very very polite. There are not too many rooms so you get the attention you deserve from the hotel staff. It's a family run hotel; the owners were very friendly and always greeted us with smiles.

Breakfast each morning was served to get your day off to a great start. The hotel is off the strip at Station I and is located away from the crowded and noisy clubs.

My kids enjoyed the hotel amenities (internet, Xbox360 and Cable TV). The staff can arrange any type of excursion for you. We enjoyed snorkeling and a brief tour to Puka Beach.

Thanks again to the wonderful staff especially Ms. Jane and Ms. Jackie...you all made us feel like family!

We will be back!

The Torres Family

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    1  Thank Check6
    Reviewed 13 November 2007

My friends and I have just returned from Boracay, and we all didn't want to leave, in large part due to the superb experience we had at One Crescent Place. I planned the trip many months in advance and I am so thankful I booked our stay at OCP.
    I wasn't expecting so much from the hotel, knowing it was low season, and from my experiences with other hotels that claimed to be boutique ones, and that it was not relatively well known.

Personalized service started from when I booked the hotel. I had some questions about the logistics and emailed customer service about them. My questions were promptly answered by Jackie, and she had very good suggestions to offer, too. The other hotels I made inquiries at weren't as prompt. (Was it because I wasn't a frequent guest?)

We arrived on the island a little before noon, and check in time was a good 2 hours away. Just the same, as soon as we got to the front desk, we got our welcome drink (good mango iced tea), and we were shown a couple of rooms in case we wanted to upgrade. And, surprise! we were checked in right away, so we got our room (which was minimalist and very pleasing to the eye), and had a chance to take a shower before roaming the island.

And the staff, very friendly and hospitable! Charo, Ninay, Anton and another male staff (sorry I forgot his name) treated us like we were their friends on a visit to their home. They were always polite and cheerful, but never made us feel as though we were just guests. I guess that's how hotel staff should be anywhere - eager to help, and good at making (sometimes clueless!) guests feel at home and welcome.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Too bad check out time came too soon. But One Crescent Place is at the top of my list when I go back to Boracay next year. And my friends will know about it.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
    1  Thank strangefoot
    Reviewed 6 May 2007

We stayed here April 20 – 25th 2007. The weather at this time is super super hot! Upon arrival the hotel was completely hot and there is no air conditioning whatsoever. Just fans in the lobby which do nothing as they keep the doors open wide all day and night. We got welcomed on arrival by the staff at the hotel with mango juice. Which was refreshing. Rooms were nice, but that’s it. Bit plain, but we were only in Boracay for the beach. They call this a paradise island, I don’t know why though, only the beach is probably paradise! Internet is free at the hotel. They have blackouts that affect the whole island; this is due to the amount of tourists at this time using the electricity as so they say. It lasts for about 3 mins and then comes back and then goes off again! It’s a problem when you are in the shower!

The breakfast at the hotel is very good, we chose to have the American style whilst our mum had the Filipino. Eggs were really tasty & bacon cooked well. The hotel is not beachfront it is about 3mins walk, but you have to watch yourself when walking down the back roads, especially at night. Plenty of locals are about. They say that you don’t get hassled by the vendors in boat station 1 / 2. This is a lie. You still get people coming up to you on the beach who wont take no for an answer. The location of 1 is good, and far cleaner. We went near Fridays that is about nearly an hours walk on the beach, which is definitely cleaner and better. We walked passed all these beachfront hotels, Fridays, Seawind, Pearl of the Pacific, Discovery Shores and these seem pretty nice.

The water where we were situated was nice and clear but seemed a bit dirty on some days as the tide would bring plenty of seaweed. Depending on what food you like, we prefer steak and there is not many places that offer this. We ate at Willy’s Beach Resort and the food is ok. We ate at an Italian Restaurant called Aria located at Boat Station 2, which was quite good. The best food we ate for our entire stay was at Fridays resort, and finally we got our Angus steaks. Tasty v good, shame we didn’t go here sooner. We went on several watersports, jetski rides with our friend, Flyfish and parasailing which are all very safe and enjoyable, you must try!!

Overall it was a good holiday loved the weather, if I was to come here again to Boracay I would definitely stay at a beachfront hotel in station 1. Contact me destiny26345@aol.com if you want to know anything about it!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    2  Thank Nini141
    Reviewed 18 April 2007

The only bad thing about OCP is the location since it's non-beachfront at the back of the Church. Service was excellent. We stayed 7days, 6 nights. the Breakfast can be sickening on th 4th day since there was not much variety. the place was generally clean and our stuff were safe. I hope the pathway to the hotel should be lighted more. The rooms are all new, the bathroom was always clean and pretty spacious. We loved staying here! We will definitely go back, but the rate is pretty steep considering the location.WE loved having breakfast at the porch with umbrellas or had the food served in the room.

Stayed: April 2006