“quiet oasis perfect for family holiday”

Best Western Boracay Tropics Resort
Ranked #38 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The hotel was a few minutes walk from the beach which made it very quiet and peaceful.
The pool was excellent and surrounded by tropical gardens which led to the restaurant and this allowed indoor or outdoor by the pool dining.
The rooms were modern and welll kept in a western style with fridge, safe TV airconditioning and free wireless broadband thoughout the property.
The staff were very friendly and most helpful.
My wife and i and our two children aged 9 and7 had a great stay and we all want to go back next time we are in the Philippines.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank pagassa

Reviewed 13 July 2011

Great staff, great value. No issues whatsoever here, and the reception staff go out of their way to make your stay perfect.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank melbcan
Reviewed 12 July 2011

After a nightmare adventure getting to Boracay and a horrible first night at our initial hotel, we found Boracay Tropics Resort. I have nothing negative to stay about this hotel.

Positives:
- EXCELLENT service. They were very helpful with any issues we had. Check in and out was a breeze and the staff were friendly even when bumping into them around the hotel.
- great breakfast buffet (they take requests too at no extra charge)
- excellent rooms. Clean, comfy and very inviting. Rooms have a balcony with view of the garden and pool area
- bathroom was clean and spacious. Always had hot water and great shower pressure
- working AC and TV
- within walking distance to White Beach and D'mall but far away enough from all the tourist hype
- great pool
- access to massage area and nail salon
- on the day laundry service
- free WiFi from pool side and balcony (although, not in our room)

I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family.

Thanks heaps Boracay Tropics!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YazFROMmelbourne
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We were originally due to stay at the Shangri La Boracay but their rates were over £300 per night compared to £50 at the Boracay Tropics. OK, it's not directly on the beach and it doesn't provide free transfers, but at a £250 a day saving, I can live with that.

We organised transfers in advance through the hotel's website and this was without fault. Their representative was waiting for us when we arrived and helped us through the process. Yes, you need to tip the porters, but 100 pesos should cover everything.

We were upgraded to a Cabana and it was lovely. Nice comfy bed and serviced daily, lovely balcony and although the bathroom was on the small side it was more than adequate for us. I have never had 'mini bar' beer so cheap!! 45 pesos for a San Miguel, unbelievable.

Beach towels were provided and the swimming pool was always empty and so warm. Breakfast was average but for the price we paid you can't complain and food is very inexpensive on the island so there is no need to go hungry.

If we return to Boracay I would definitely stay here again, without question.

2  Thank HerRubyship
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Not everyone goes to Boracay for the parties and night life. If you're like me who just wants to appreciate the island's pristine sand and relax, Boracay Tropics is the perfect choice for your hotel/ resort. The whole place was well-kept and though it's along the main road, I was hardly bothered by noise during our stay there last May 28-30, 2011.

Would also like to note that we were upgraded free of charge from a deluxe room to cabana suite - the room was fantastic. My GF loved it :)

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank skyflakes
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I cannot disagree with the previous review more; this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in, the staff were amazingly friendly and would all go out of their way to please us, it was also very safe. Our room was a little dated but it still had everything we needed and was very clean, we had a gorgeous view from our balcony looking onto the tropical palm tree covered pool below. We arrived to a refreshing welcome long island tea drink and on out last day they delivered us complimentary fruit platter which was wonderfully refreshing after a long day at the very hot beach. The new spa here is also lovely and I enjoyed a very relaxing hour-long massage :)

I did a lot of research into the hotels on Boracay before we went and once we arrived I saw some of the other hotels I considered including Station 1 with the more glamourous hotels but I wouldn't have changed our choice, the location of Boracay Tropics was brilliant, close enough to walk to the beach (max 5 mins) and the bars/restaurants were perfect walking distance but just far enough to be away from it all when it was too busy.

There was a tropical storm for a few days whilst we were in Boracay, but the location was good for this as most of the hotels on the beach front got the brunt of the storm, the staff and our time at Boracay Tropics made up for the storm and I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not next to the main road
1  Thank LauraS83
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Perhaps for Asians this is 4 star, but it would be lucky to be 2 star in Europe.

I really wouldnt know where to start reviewing this place......there were so many things wrong - albeit minor things, but together they added up to a pretty poor experience, and I would strongly recommend Western travellers find somewhere else other than this hotel.

Best Western is a strong brand, so I automatically assumed it would be nice - i have now revisited my thoughts on this hotel chain.

Arrival - Hotel staff were so unfriendly. One of the receptionists looked like she had just been slapped - very un-welcoming. No mention of where the restaurant or bar was, just theres your key - get on with it.

1st Impressions - Safe was locked. Needed to get it opened so we could go to the beach. It took 4 calls to reception who kept saying "someone will be there in 5 mins", only to eventually be greeted by the 'friendly' receptionist!! No kettle, no tea bags, one towel, room was unclean.

Breakfast - both days we went for breakfast, nothing was left, and this was early. Had to badger the staff to get some food. No hot water for Tea, no tea bags, plates were unclean, and you had to clean your knife and fork before using.

Check out - to add insult to injury, we were asked to pay for 2 towels which we didnt actually ever possess, and for 'new sheets' as I apparently had a henna tattoo??? No henna tattoo, and no towels - we even offered to open the bag to make sure we hadnt stole them!!! It turned out that the sheets hadnt been changed, and I`m guessing the room boys nicked the towels. I have never felt so humiliated in my life.

Obviously there was much more than mentioned above, but this will go in the letter to the Best Western hotel Chain expressing my disappointment.

I will make sure that the travel agent who sold us this trip never uses the hotel again.

Go here at your peril - and be prepared to get ripped off at the end of your stay (unless you are willing to say NO).

7  Thank Lunars