“THE BEST FOR LARGE GROUP”

Boracay Holiday Resort
Ranked #83 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I booked this room for our Company Conference and boy , was I glad i did.
The have spacious apartelle rooms where you could cook your own food and it is located just beside their pool.
The rooms are so so, i must admit...
But for a large group with limited budget, this is THE PLACE.
Breakfast is ordinary, but enough to fill your tummy for a full day ahead at the beach.
This is not beach front, but hey, we do not mind walking the few meters if that would mean a lot of savings on our part.
Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Myra P

Reviewed 13 April 2012

My friend and I stayed at this place, and I came away thinking "meh." It didn't have any major issues with it, but I didn't come away with anything memorable except for their fish. They've got neat fish in their aquaria. Other than that, There are better options than this one in Boracay that are closer to the beach.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank alicevarren
Reviewed 12 April 2012

When we got to the resort, we were served with drinks and the lobby was very cold which was great because of the heat outside. The room and bathroom is clean, with bare essentials. The bed has a very hard mattress which was uncomfortable for me and you need to pay PHP50.00 for an extra pillow. This is not beach-front property and to get to the beach you need to pass a street that can get flooded with very dirty water. They have good buffet breakfast but the place is run mostly by temporary staff members who don't know what to offer.

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank rac243
Reviewed 11 April 2012

i have stayed here twice! and every time I did I am satisfied. It's a little far from the beach though it's okay, its near the market and a little more accessible to every where.... the room is reasonable for its price and the pool is always clean... what I love most is their breakfast ... I am not a morning person and I don't often eat breakfast but every time I stayed here I never missed to eat my breakfast that is how I love it... they have a wide selection of what to eat!

Room Tip: for large group, the apartelle is so worth it!! for couple choose the room in third floor with vera...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lenskie143
Reviewed 11 April 2012

average looking room and bathroom.
limited breakfast choices.
location... a long walk before reaching the beach. :-(
we specifically booked for 5 people and we were be able to pay in full 4mos in advance but before checking out we were asked to pay additional fee for the extra mattress... *anger* anyway, we insist of not paying... first, it should have been included in the total amount we've paid 4 mos prior and secondly, upon check in, they should have informed us of any additional fees... but they failed to do so... there is no way we are going to pay for that! sneaky way of imposing additional fees.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel is described as a 3 star; they fail to understand that this actually means a level of service that is to be provided to their guests. The only service I witnessed was the receptionist swiftly taking money off my credit card. I asked to pay for one night only but was told they had to take it all or they would cancel the booking and I would be charged for it anyway; I was tired from my journey and it was raining heavily so I succumbed, more fool me. They also confirmed later there would be absolutely no refund given.

Nearby hotels confirmed that they receive a lot of guests who have checked straight out of the Boracay Holiday Resort.

Please take this review as a Hotel warning; under no circumstances would I advise anyone to stay here, this could have potentially spoiled any expectations of an enjoyable holiday.

Internet constantly times out
Only 2 towels provided
No in room safe
Interiors of rooms dilapidated
Hotel in general is shabby
Traffic noise extremely audible
Only 4 coat hangers
No water provided to drink in rooms
¾ inch gap under room door
Many slip/trip hazards in bathroom
Floor is tiled though no mats
Wardrobe drawer has no handles
4 star prices though 1 star standard
No lamps in rooms and only half ceiling lights work
Bed very hard (staff described this as orthopedic???
After a nights sleep in it I felt I needed to see a doctor

Oh...did I mention the ants and mosquito's?

Room Tip: Do not stay here it should have a health warning!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank peterwrightRiyadh
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Me, my wife, kids and parents-in-law stayed at this hotels for 9 days and we were very pleased. We had an "appertel", meaning two bedrooms and a living room. At first we got the ground floor, but were immediately move to 2 floor on our request. It worked very well for us. There were small issues with the light and with the room key, but everything was fixed asap.
The pool and all the surroundings are kept nice and clean.
The hotel is a small walk away from the beach. The road leading to the beach has a bit too much traffic (motorbiketaxi's) and it has a part that really smells bad - but not a big problem in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family