“Great location”

Ranked #84 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Iloilo City, Philippines
“Great location”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Its not beachfront but it is walkable to all sorts of happening in the beachfront. Its just at the back of the bigger Regency hotel but the amenities are the likes of it. They have a pool and free wifi. The breakfast buffet is awesome. They have a lot of food selections and the banquet is always filled in. Check in and out is a prompt. Rates are of 3 star quality, we had P2,200 per night with bfast for two last October but on their flyers they will increase by 2013 to about P500-800. Its also relaxing unlike the beachfront area where in you can hear people selling their stuffs.

Room Tip: The room with the pool view is much better
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marigoldp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I booked this Hotel way back January (2012) for accommodation between July 25th - 27th, 2012. I am a traveler who look after the "interior design" of a room and by the Hotel's Facilities. First thing that I should check is if there is an outdoor swimming pool. These two criteria was met by Boracay Holiday Hotel. By looking at the pictures on their website, you would really think it's really a nice place to stay with. Well, it is at some point. However, based on "my" experience, this is "Not Worth A Penny", in short, it's overpriced.

We had Suite Room, which can accommodate 4 pax. Due to unexpected circumstances, 2 of my mates backed out of the trip. I immediately informed the Reservation Team about it, set their expectation that we might end up only to 2 pax and so I was expecting in return that they will allow us to "downgrade" our room from Suite to just Standard Room, which is good for 2 pax only. I asked Sherilyn if it's possible to cancel the reservation since only 2 of us will be travelling. However, Sherilyn advised me that they will charge us in FULL (total of 2 nights) if I am going to cancel it. What's written on the Policy on their reservation can be very tricky, so be mindful about it before ensuring the reservation. It says on their website that "Cancellations 7 day(s) before check-in date will be charged the total amount of the reservation"; I was under the impression that they are referring to the 10% deposit that they charged on my credit card. I didn't know they were talking about 2 full nights. It's kinda tricky so I'll take note of such next time. I was also disappointed when I found out that it is a non-beachfront Hotel though it's only 5-10 minutes walk away from the beach.

Reception - Receptionists was nice, friendly and very accommodating. But then again, when I tried to negotiate to downgrade our room from Suite to Standard, they didn't allow us. Which is really disappointing because I never had any problem with this kind of request before, it's really a Manager's discretion and I must say, Manager was really after "money" but not providing a "satisfaction" with their tenants. Moving forward, I made cash payment for the half of the balance then charged the remaining half on my credit card. The resort also offers tour packages, Spa and massage. They gave us a coupon for breakfast. When I asked if it's okay to have a breakfast inside our room, the Receptionist politely said yes we can do that. I was impressed not until she said, we'll just "charge" room service. I was like, are you serious? You're going to charge us for asking a small favor? And I said to myself, "Oh well, it's all about the money".

So here comes the Suite Room - almost all of the room description listed on their website are included except for Internet Connection and Minibar. Receptionist told me that Internet Connection is only available at the Swimming pool area and Restaurant area.Oh well, I didn't bother asking because I brought my own WiFi with me. Minibar they were talking to is just a plain small personal fridge that doesn't have anything inside. It's just a plain "Display" fridge. How could they call it Minibar when it doesn't have anything in it? They don't even have free bottled water unlike with any other Hotels. They don't even have free toothbrush/toothpaste!

When I called a week prior to our arrival, I asked Sherilyn to please give us a nice room because I told her that I was reading reviews on Trip Advisor and there are a lot of negative comment about the interior and the room itself. She assured me that Hotel has been repainted, redesigned interior etc, but, this was just again part of a "Sales talk". When we entered the room, I was looking for that design of a towel on top of the bed, which they have on their website. But again, this was just a picture. Hot/Cold shower not working fine. It will take a few minutes before you'll be able to have the water heater worked. Couldn't flushed the toilet properly, the steel where you hang the towel is also broken, the sheet that covers the small sofa has a stain (not sure what it was, but looks like it's a pee mark) and worst is outlet not intact!! I had to call the Housekeeping Team to plug the extra extension for me.

Swimming pool - I haven't seen anyone using that pool. Even I (who loves swimming pool), never tried it. Probably it's because it seems like it hasn't been properly maintained. You can see rust on their slide. So my sister and I opt to just walk along the beach-side instead of digging into the pool.

Bar - I have noticed that their bar looks sad. I can tell that no one would be interested to sit and drink because it doesn't look good. It looks like it has been forgotten 10 years ago. The entire building looks so boring and quiet. Probably because most of the tenants doesn't want to stay inside their room.

Food - One thing I would be grateful about is the food. Breakfast is served from 7 am til 10 am at the ground floor (Lobby) as Buffet Style. They have lots of food to choose from. Korean, Filipino, American Breakfast, name it and you'll get it - eat all you can! :)

Overall, I would say that this Hotel is poor and needs not just an improvement but MORE improvement when it comes to their facilities, interior design, management, policy and website. This Hotel really not truly a "home away from home", i must say it's a tricky, overpriced and managed by a after-money management without giving a 100% satisfaction with their customers.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend or to anyone. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank DhonaTheExplorer

Travellers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Reviewed 18 July 2012

For the cost I expected perhaps too much. I came during the low season yet still paid around $50 a night.

The good - staff is friendly and polite, the amenities include a gym and wifi.

The bad:
The rooms are quite old. Caulking in the bathrooms required and furniture could be renewed due to mold. The rooms have one simple key lock and there is no room safe. The hotel provides no shampoo, toothbrush, desk clock, or bottled water. The hotel charges 100 pesos a day for a gym lacking free weights, air conditioning, mirrors, and a studio area. The hotel also charges 1000 pesos for unlimited wifi for a week. (I suggest buying a Sim card for 240 pesos that gives unlimited data for 5 days, this also gives a new local phone to use.) Bottled water is 33 pesos for a 500ml bottle.

Overall, I have very little good too say about this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel if you expect the above amenities.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank jc1762
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is a quiet nice hotel in station 2. It's not at the beach front so you can have a quiet evening rest. There are restaurants and shopping area right at the back of the hotel (d'talipapa). We are very pleased with the staff. They were so kind to packed our breakfast on our check out day coz we have to leave early to catch our Kalibo flight. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lestartita
los angeles
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Travelled to Boracay for a family reunion last June 29 -July 5, 2012. We were a large group with some coming from Australia, New Jersey and Los Angeles. If you consider the economics of the stay in the hotel, I can say that staying in their apartelle can save you money as they allow additional persons in the room (for a fee) and they do have the basic kitchen provisions in these units. There is nothing great in the rooms though, at best they are mediocre, mattresses were hard, bathroom cabinet doors were falling off, water pressure was low so it was hard to take a shower. There were mosquitoes in the room when we arrived, so beware and make sure you bring your insect repellant. Breakfast was ordinary but had variety. Their pool is not something to rave about.You have to request for room service if you want your room cleaned and linen changed. Staff were efficient and helpful. Though not a beachfront, it is located within walking distance to the wonderful beach of Boracay. I will opt for a better hotel next time esp if I am coming all the way from the US to visit Boracay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Manila
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is an inexpensive hotel but with great value for money. If you're vacationing in Boracay and on a budget, this is the place to be. The rooms are great for the price with all the proper amenities. I have read some reviews here saying that the rooms are so-so. If you are expecting luxury, go to the more expensive hotels. For the low price of the hotel, they offer a buffet breakfast with a good selection. The service is great too. I also enjoyed the pool.

It is not a far walk to the beach. You can reach the shore in less than five minutes. That is NOT a far walk. This hotel is accessible to everywhere especially the marketplace alsko known as the Talipapa where you can get inexpensive souvenirs and "dampa" style dining.

Within its range, it is a great place to stay in Boracay for the traveler on a budget.

Room Tip: If you enjoy seafoods, go to the nearby market. You can shop for fresh seafood and have it cooked y...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Winona16
Reviewed 20 June 2012

love this resort... situated in station 2, 5 minutes walk and u'll be in the white beach... I won't forget the great customer service i experienced from the staff s of this resort...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends