“Good Value. Great Location.. Service needs to be improved.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boracay Holiday Resort

Boracay Holiday Resort
Ranked #87 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
San Pablo City, Philippines
“Good Value. Great Location.. Service needs to be improved.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

We booked this hotel for our trip last May 4 to 6, 2013. We are 8 adults and 2 children in a group. we booked 3 rooms (1 deluxe, 1 standard and 1 suite). Upon check-in we were advised that our standard room was upgraded to deluxe at no extra cost. The room are clean and well maintained. Although this hotel is not beachfront hotel, its location is very accessible to the beach. The free breakfast is ok. But if you will order your food from them for lunch and/or dinner it will take you too long. I waited for almost 45mins before our lunch was served during our last day in the hotel. They also failed to inform us that they have back door which is your shortcut access to D'Talipapa. We only found out this during our last day.

They also lack on safety precaution in their swimming pool. My 3yrs old son had an accident in the stairs of their pool. The stairs were made of stainless and it has sharp edges. My son got lacerated wounds near his ankle. The sad part was when we asked for first aid kit no one from the hotel staff bothered to approach us and ask what happened to my son. It was only after I asked them for the nearest hospital and what transporation can i use to go there that they offer to service us to the hospital but aside from their driver who just drop us in the hospital no one from the hotel staff accompanied us in the E.R. They don't even bother to ask the condition of my son and when I request for late check out in our particular room since it is already 30mins before check out time (12:00 noon) when we got back from the hospital the receptionist merely told us that she will get back to me since she will ask her supervisor but check out time came withour her calling our room. I just hope they can improve their service..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Carmen B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cotabato City, Cotabato, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Me and my friends had our summer escapade after our very hectic and stressful work. Eight (8) of us are teachers and we have two (2) teenagers with us. Since we've been looking for a great resort hotel in Boracay, I have reviewed first all the best hotels. While searching I found this hotel, the Boracay Holiday Resort so impressive. To make the story short, we have booked in this resort online immediately. We are so excited the time when we arrived Boracay. As we approach the staff in the front desk, they welcomed us with a warm smile, got my hotel voucher which I printed by myself, gave me a form to fill up, gave us a cool, complimentary drinks and breakfast cards, swiped my credit card and presto! got our room keys...1 for the bachelor's pad and another 1 for the apartelle (it has 2 separate bedrooms with CR in each room). Four of us stayed in a bachelor's pad. We were so amazed because the room is cold and big, with refrigerator, kitchen sink, dining table and chairs and a big comfort room. The beds are so comfortable, big and pleasing. From our room, we can see the pool directly below the balcony. The place is quiet and so peaceful. It's more like a private resort for me. The hotel is a bit expensive but for me it's not the money spent that matters, but it's the comfort and satisfaction that i got. This hotel is a non-beach front hotel but it's just a few steps away from the beach and food chain like McDonald's. I recommend this kind of resort esp. to those who have their vacation in groups.

Room Tip: Bachelor's pad is great for four travelers!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ma Lynette L
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed at this resort a few years ago, there were 7 of us going back to Boracay and we wanted a reasonable priced hotel, we booked a 2 bed suite, the size of the rooms were great. Each room had one double one single and a bathroom, running in-front of the room was a large room with space for another two people plus kitchen table etc. Really happy with the space and the price, it is a older hotel and the rooms could use a little TLC, staff were great and helpful and breakfast was good (we had 4 for the room each morning). Location is very good 3 minutes from the beach and right on station 2.

Room Tip: Large rooms are on the ground floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I spent ages trying to find the best deal for our family in Boracay (2 adults + a baby and a toddler). The bachelor pad at this hotel was it. The room was large, although basic, and we were very happy with it except for the cleanliness of the kitchen area and associated items. They only service the room if you ask, but we found this to be perfect as they would do it pretty much straight away so we could time it to suit us. The bed was rock hard though, and the curtains not thick enough to keep out any light so our room was lit up all night long by the outside lights.

The pool was fantastic and we spent lots of time here. We also found the staff was great,especially a woman who worked in the pool bar who loved entertaining our daughter.

I loved the location. It was only a few minutes walk to the beach but nice and quiet. can also be handy being on the main road as easy to get to supermarkets, transport, etc

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I liked this one lovely pool away from the maddening crowds of the beach but only about 50 metres away if that's what floats your boat lots of hawkers on the beach drove me nuts
The breakfast was good too and changed daily
The rooms we stayed in were on the 2 nd floor with no elevator which was not good if you got heavy bags
It also boasted a gym but most of the equipment didn't work
But overall happy with my stay

• Stayed March 2013
Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

The hotel is in a good location, only 2 minute walk from the White Beach Path. Breakfast was a bit hit and miss, but it was complimentary so it didnt mater. Hotel could do with a bit of an update but it was fine for the price. Rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is an odd smell as you walk down the road to the White Beach Path which isnt pleasant

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CallieStu
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

It's a really not a 3 star hotel - it's an old 1 star hotel that needs a very good update. The only reason we stayed was its central location and that's the only good thing about it.

The meals where not nice - I couldn't eat there. The rooms where not nice - the pool and gym needed to be cleaned and they weren't.

The staff are really nice but if I were them I'd go find a better hotel to work for. As soon as I entered my room I wanted to get out of the place.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dalvin_au

Travellers are raving about these Boracay hotels