“THEY CAN BE PROUD IF THIS DOES NOT MAKE THE TURTLE THE BEST I DO NOT KNOW WHAT CAN”
Review of Turtle Inn Resort

Turtle Inn Resort
Ranked #47 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I booked at the Turtle Inn for the 2nd time in 3 years as I enjoyed it so much the 1st time, there have been a few minor changes but everything was as lovely as ever.
I have extolled their virtues in service /cleanliness/security and all the other great things about the Turtle before.
Here is what is important, after a few days at the Turtle I am struck with fever and infection in my leg
As soon as I let Malyn (owner) and Jeny (sister manager) know they arrange to have me taken to the Hospital, I am admitted and if you are unfamiliar with Filipino hospitals in the Islands they have no facilities down to not even having bottled water. If you require medicine it needs to be purchased from the Pharmacy (not in the hospital) so as a solo traveller unable walk and limited communication abilities I would have been in serious trouble, but Malyn arranges for one of her staff to remain at the hospital 24/7 with me and provide whatever help I needed, she did this for 2 days rotating staff who also brought meals from the Inn as required.
With no improvement I checked out of the hospital and went back to Turtle Inn where Jeny worked on finding early flights back to Australia the best available was 2 days time. In this period the staff continued to look after me and Malyn arranged for Jun to pick up nurses from the hospital to come to me and administer anti-biotic shots every 6 six hours, she also sent Jun to Kalibo for additional medicines more than ½ a day’s trip away.
This was done at no extra expense to me and they even tried to refund me for days not used.
I am still in hospital recovering and it is getting better, but it could have been a lot worse but for the exceptional people at the Turtle Inn
Always book direct with Jeny and it will be cheaper less hassles and more fun.

Hope to see you at the Turtle soon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Rick J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bkk
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed there for 10 days in Sept. 2011 and we have found the people that manage and serve at this place to be most helpful and friendly bunch of people, smiling and accommodating when ever they can.

Room Tip: all room are the same
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Turtle Inn Resort felt much like home. My wife and I went there for our honeymoon and enjoyed every second of it. Mhalen, the hotel owner, and her family are very nice and kind people. They escorted us to almost everywhere we went. Educated us on the best deals and sites to visit. We saved tons of money. We didn't do anything without consulting with them. Next time I visit Boracay, I wont hesitate to go back to Turtle Inn Resort and stay with my friends, Mhalen and her family. The beach is only a two minute walk from the resort. Very quiet and peaceful place to stay at. Most other resort next to the beach are very loud and noisy. If you like peace and quiet, turtle in is the place. I will finish by telling you that they have the best cook in the whole resort "Charleen". She made us the best dinner we had in Boracay, and I will recommend you buy some goodies and ask her to cook it for you, "especially Shrimp". You won't regret it. See you soon Mhalen, her cute little boy, Jeny, Jun, Jejemon, Charleen, New York (the dog), and the rest of the family.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kaveh-n-May
norway, trondheim
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We spent 10 days in boracay at turtle inn in february and loved every sec of it. The rooms were good, the staff was even better and the hospitality was the best ever. They will help you in any way possible and really do whatever they can so that you can have a great time. Always with a smile on the face. This is a resort you can feel at home and safe. They also help you every step of the way from and to the airport, you dont have to worry about anything when these guys got your back! :)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed at Turtle Inn for 11days with my boyfriend and his friend, they are both from Australia. I can't say anything unpleasant about this place quite surprising for a perfectionist type like me. When we arrived at the place the guard was so helpful to bring our luggages inside, we are welcome with mango shakes (very nice) and our names was written on their small welcome board. Jenny is very accommodating and all the staffs too...Their rooms are very clean, shower is good, cabled tv it's just that they have no phone so if you would be needing any just go downstairs, you can usually see their attentive staffs walking around though. They serve 3 types of pancakes, the original one, mango and banana, and eggs with bread for breakfast..with coffee of course...you can have your breakfast downstairs, outside your room or even inside ...

If you wanna see a nice sunset go to the top floor of their building..and if you want a safe and cheap price to experience the activities around boracay ask jenny or jun..They can give you one with a good price...if you need beach towels you can ask them for free...

Don't miss their turtle shots! if they like you they will give you some shots for free..;)
This is really a best place to relax, and experience the true hospitality and ambiance being in the Philippines...and its not far from the beach..;)
If we will get the chance to go back we'll definitely choose to stay at turtle inn again...

highly recommended..

One thing that I would like to suggest to the management is to check their beds and fix it kinda noisy...:)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank coce
Qingdao, China
Reviewed 5 March 2011

If youre looking for a isolated front seaside, hangning all day in the poolbar focusing on getting the best suntan paying to much type of Shangri La, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn & Crown Plaza style of Resort well Turtle Inn is not for you.

But....

If you like us focus on a basic, comfortable, clean, calm & valuable base for your exploration of Boracay with very short walking distance to breathtaking beaches, restaurants & nightlife with an extraordinary helpful & friendly hotel crew, this is definaty THE hotel to recommend!

Big thanks to Jenny & her very friendly staff that always did their best to take care of us arranging activities like rental of motorbike, sailing, diving & many other activities with ease.

I'll give this hotel 5 stars from heart because It really has this rare warm, welcoming family feeling to It you just dont find in many other places.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We booked a 3 night stay at the Turtle Inn Hotel in Boracay based on the good review from Trip Advisor. Based on the pictures that the guests posted, it seems like a decent & nice place to stay. But we were shocked when we arrived in the hotel. We have to travelled using the tricycle as the big jeepney/ car wont fit through the small alley entrance to the hotel from the Caticlan jetty. From the main road, it is a 8-10 minutes walk to the hotel. To the beach, it is about 4-5 minutes walk.

The hotel furnishings definetely needs some renovation as it looks old. Seems like all of the furnitures (bed frame, side table, clothes cabinet) are hand made except the ratan/ plastic chairs & table which they bought. The bathroom definetely needs some hard scrubbing, and the water pressure was awful. Since the room is located on the highest floor, there is no water pressure at all. They need to invest in a good water pumps so at least the guest can take shower adequately.

And what's worse was their 10 "commandments"/ rules. Rule 1: You cannot wash your clothings inside the room. Rule 2: You must leave your room key at the front desk. If you lost your key, you will be charged 200 pesos for it.
... and there are many other rules that they listed on what you can/ cannot do.

As a guest, wouldn't it be normal for you to wash your clothes inside the room? After you swim on the beach, get some of your clothes dirty, etc.. it is just normal for the guest to wash their clothes in the room. And the other rule about leaving the room key at the front desk.. I rather bring my keys with me rather than leaving it at the front desk for my own personal safety reasons plus they do not have safety box in the room.. I just feel intimidated with this rules.

Although I have to say that the manager, Jenny and her assistants tried to make our stay nice, it was just a real dissapointment for us. When we arrived, we were greeted very nicely by them, but when we arrive in our room, we were completely shocked. We were wondering where we should stand & sit as it was just utterly dissapointing.

Although we booked for a 3 night stay, we cannot bear to stay for another 2 nights after the first night arrival. In the end, we forfeited our 2 night stay (as according to Jenny the Manager, she cannot manage to sell our rooms to another guests..) and we booked ourselves to Shangrila Hotel that costs us about 500usd per night as all of the other hotels were fully booked. Although Shangrila charged us a very high rate during the other 2 nights, we feel that it was worth every penny. Turtle Inn charged us about 130usd for our room stay per night. But the actual room stay was only worth 45-60usd. Just because it was a Chinese New Year Holiday, they charged us prime rate.

All in all, we will rate Turtle Inn as a 1 star hotel category. Make sure your bring a hair dryer as they do not have any in the room. Bring a Hot water boiler if you have children as they come really handy if you need to make milk for them. Bring a super lock for your luggage as they do not have safety box in the room. Bring an insect spray as there are many ants in the room. Bring a bleach in case you need to clean the bathroom. And bring a towel as their towels looks old & dirty.

Although the management really tried to make our stay nice (they are friendly, and tried to be hospitable), we have to say that we are truly dissapointed with the hotel stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple