“My week at the Turtle Inn”
Review of Turtle Inn Resort

Turtle Inn Resort
Ranked #47 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
West Brookfield, Massachusetts, United States
“My week at the Turtle Inn”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I spent the week of the 2012 Chinese New Year at the Turtle Inn. First let's get the basic details out of the way. Excellent value, excellent staff and as far as we were concerned a great location. You are not right on the beach which was fine with us. It is about a two mnute walk away. The location is quiet and offers privacy. The beds were comfortable. The air conditioning was excellent and the showers worked fine. The internet connection in the room met all of my needs. The complimentary breakfast was great. I can not say enough about the staff. They were helpful and attended to all of our needs.

If I were to return to Boracay I would stay at the Turtle Inn again. Because of the size of the Inn it has a very cozy atmosphere. We got to meet some great people there and we have continued to stay in contact.

This was a honeymoon for my wife and I and I don't think we could have picked a better place. This may rub some people the wrong way, but my wife and I are a same sex couple. Not once did we feel uncomfortable at the Inn. We were treated with respect and dignity.

Mhalen, Jenni and Justin thanks much for a great time. It was truly appreciated.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bill Raffy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Just comeback from this "home" and not an hotel, I spend quite a lot of time in 4/5 star hotel in Europe and the thing that I always heated was the false relationship you get from the staff, but all that is not true at the turtle, here you ARE a family friend, someone that is so special, that actualy is almost unreal. Not only I enjoyed my stay, I actualy missed so much the chat with Jane, Mhalen, Justin, and all the staff there that I am already enquiring for this June and next January. Please don't change anything, you really are so special that even the smallest change could compromise your QUALITY. Love u guys
Ever & Forever yours
The lazy Italian
Pit

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank pcicconetti
Berlin
Reviewed 1 February 2012

After our first vacations 2011 in the Turtle Inn it was easy to decide to come back this year because all was really perfect.....the owner ...the staff... the rooms...the service...and ....and ....and.
To the beach its only a short walk and when we felt hungry the Turtle Inn was also No. 1 for us. No doubt, next year we make again vacations in The Turtle Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Turtle Inn from Jan10th to Jan14th with my wife and our family. Marilyn,Jenny and the rest of the staff at the turtle were so friendly and caring from the day we checked in to the day we checked out. They were very accommodating and took care of all are needs. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and were perfect for us. When we are in Boracay next time we do not need to look for a comfortable place to stay as we have found were to stay. If you want to be treated like family and have a comfortable stay then this resort is for you. Thanks Turtle Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I can say that Turtle Inn Resort's customer service is top notch! It's reviews here in tripadvisor exceeds your expectation. The owners of the hotel do know how to take care of their guest as well as their personnel. The rooms are well maintained and comfortable, and the hotel is just a short walk from the beach. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and we even got a free dinner courtesy of the owner! Will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Boracay looking for a room for a cheap price.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs gives you the convenience to feel the sea breeze of Boracay
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Franz F
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I booked at the Turtle Inn for the 2nd time in 3 years as I enjoyed it so much the 1st time, there have been a few minor changes but everything was as lovely as ever.
I have extolled their virtues in service /cleanliness/security and all the other great things about the Turtle before.
Here is what is important, after a few days at the Turtle I am struck with fever and infection in my leg
As soon as I let Malyn (owner) and Jeny (sister manager) know they arrange to have me taken to the Hospital, I am admitted and if you are unfamiliar with Filipino hospitals in the Islands they have no facilities down to not even having bottled water. If you require medicine it needs to be purchased from the Pharmacy (not in the hospital) so as a solo traveller unable walk and limited communication abilities I would have been in serious trouble, but Malyn arranges for one of her staff to remain at the hospital 24/7 with me and provide whatever help I needed, she did this for 2 days rotating staff who also brought meals from the Inn as required.
With no improvement I checked out of the hospital and went back to Turtle Inn where Jeny worked on finding early flights back to Australia the best available was 2 days time. In this period the staff continued to look after me and Malyn arranged for Jun to pick up nurses from the hospital to come to me and administer anti-biotic shots every 6 six hours, she also sent Jun to Kalibo for additional medicines more than ½ a day’s trip away.
This was done at no extra expense to me and they even tried to refund me for days not used.
I am still in hospital recovering and it is getting better, but it could have been a lot worse but for the exceptional people at the Turtle Inn
Always book direct with Jeny and it will be cheaper less hassles and more fun.

Hope to see you at the Turtle soon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Rick J
Bkk
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed there for 10 days in Sept. 2011 and we have found the people that manage and serve at this place to be most helpful and friendly bunch of people, smiling and accommodating when ever they can.

Room Tip: all room are the same
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple