“Simply PERFECT”

Artista Beach Villas
Ranked #68 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I travel a lot and i'am using trip advisor to guide my choice for the most part, i narrowed down to this hotel because of my needs versus the reviews. i stayed there one full week beginning of July 2013 and i was very pleased and happy about it. The hotel is perfectly situated toward the north west away from noise and insanity of the main stations. Just take a nice walk along the coast and you will land in station 1. Room was clean/fresh, people are lovely and breakfast on the roof terrasse with fresh mangos everyday overlooking that beautiful private beach... total enjoyment!!!! I didn't know Boracay before and after a week there i would just recommend Artista to all because it felt just right.

Room Tip: i would pick anything they have available..
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Vinc4nt

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We checked in to artista several times during this year and stayed here for long.
A lovely location at diniwid beach, 1st class. Management family and all staff at artista allday 1st class. Good service received all times. A surplus is the small openair terasse with small restaurant with a excellent overlooking position to enjoy and watch the diniwid beach life.
The place is perfect for those tourists who seeks a privat atmosphere in boracay. The tourist seeking allday and allnight activities shall go to white beach station 1 and 2.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bebotZurich
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I was in Artista Beach Villas several times and i enjoyed it so much every time again ...
The rooms are cool , stylish and cosy ... Mediteranian style ... In perfect conditions ... Love to sit and relax on the balcony , watch over the ocean and hear the sound of the waves ... Breakfast is fresh made and served on the roof top terrace of the resort ... Very tasty ! Manager is very friendly and became a friend ... Staf is always friendly and ready to serve you ... Definetly the best place to stay in Boracay ! I would recomment this resort to everybody ...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bartoli1976
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Located at Diniwid, which is a nice but secluded spot around the corner North from Boat Station 1. Beach is not as nice as White Beach, but at least the hotels here have a good vantage point over the ocean. Staff were young and their English was only basic. Rooms were clean, A/C strong, fridge provided. No safe. No pool. Free breakfast provided. Free wifi too, but essentially un-usable as it was slower than 2G EDGE. Bathroom design was unique, because there was no wall separating the bedroom & bathroom - only a curtain. Recommend you get a room with a balcony to allow your roommate to escape whilst you use the toilet. In hindsight, I would have preferred a hotel at one of the boat stations where 80% of other tourists were, due to livelier atmosphere and convenience. BIG TIP: arrange hotel transfer (aka local escort) on arrival! Boracay is a scam central and all locals are in on it (even if they look like an official). The "hotel transfer" is like having a Filipino relative pick you up, carry all your luggage for you, and keep all the scammers and touts away - this is worth the fee!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank vsazn
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay - 6 nights (April 2 - 8). We loved the place. Artista offers:

1. a clean, relatively shallow swimming environment very suitable for families. We also ended up snorkeling which was worthwhile as there are fish to see close up against the rock wall directly in front of Artista.

2. Shade on the beach. I like sun but do not want to always be in direct sunlight, especially during the hottest part of the day. At Artista we found we could be in the shade on the beach up until 10:30 am and then again from around 3:30pm in the afternoon.

3. Artista is right, right, right on the beach. Hotel Reception is approx 10 metres from the water. The beach is wider about 50 m away if this is relevant to you. Each morning, I would wake up and look directly over the sea from our bed. I loved this experience.

4. Easy to secure your personal belongings when on beach. I did not want the issue of what to do with my keys, money etc when I swim. At Artista the reception was so close that I chose to use this once, the other times I felt confident enough to hide money in my belongings. I wanted money with me so that we could access the bar that is only about 4 metres from the deck chairs at Artista.

5. Drinks and nibbles available while sitting in Artista deck chairs.

6. Our room had deck chairs on the verandah. We sat and chatted while directly overlooking the beach. Awesome view and very private.

7. Well priced. We stayed for 6 nights. Very happy, absolutely beach front, breakfast, transfers and a clean, spacious room overlooking the water.

8. Friendly staff. Very friendly, genuine smiles. Not a strong understanding of Australian accent but this was not an issue. Very happy to help us out with all requests and questions.

9. Room- we were very happy with our room. The interior is exactly what we were expecting. Very appropriate for the price. Very satisfied.

10. Breakfast - the view is sensational- roof top location. We were both happy with the quality of our breakfasts.

11. Transportation - easy to catch a trike during daylight. 100 p to d'Mall. Go a little earlier if night time as on friday night we went out at 6:30pm and surprised to find other people waiting for a trike as well. The rest of the time we ate dinner at Artista beach restaurants.

12.Great restaurants in neighboring hotels. Nami and Little Mamma's fish house restaurant (both next door) are excellent. We ate either there or on front beach if coming home from water activities. We did not try lunch or dinner at Artista.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Joseph A
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I particularly wanted an area away from the crowded areas and I have to say Diniwid where the Hotel is located in an area away from the croded areas of Boracay, just ideal. We booked late so didnt get the best rooms available - would definitely opt for room with balcony next time. Couldn't fault the staff - excellent and very welcoming, even let us keep our luggage over the departure time at no extra charge. The rooms are very small - but thats what I would expect in a boutique hotel, nice having the mini bar. As mentioned by other and it is a BIG negative in that the toiler/shower room has no door,just sectioned off by a curtain - which is fine if you know your partner very well... but for newly acquainted couples I think this could be a touch embarrassing ! On the plus side you walk out of the hotel onto the beach,water can be a bit deep for children at high tide but easy to walk a 100yds or so to the other side which is more of a gradual slope. I found the included breakfast perfectly acceptable. My girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay and if its a quiet place you want after a busy day then you won't go far wrong here.

Room Tip: Room 3 with balcony overlooking the beach
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scoobie007
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Room: Simple, small, very clean, Tranquil ocean view. Romantic. Got a room with balcony.

Only complaints: can't take very long shower or the water will overflow (even to the room itself). No refill of bath soap, it's good we brought ours anyway. Has a mini fridge (can keep and eat leftovers from food outside). No microwave. The shower / toilet design is kinda open design so if somebody uses the toilet, you have to open the door towards the balcony to let the air sweep away any unwanted smell... it didn't bother me and my husband but it bothered us before we checked out, aware of our hotel owners and keepers :)

Service: Great! Clean towels everyday. They take the trash out everyday and make the beds too. Anytime we asked for anything, they are sure to help.
All staff are friendly.

Distance to food: a tricycle costs 50 pesos one way for 2 people (ask for regular rate so u can share with other passengers, otherwise it is 150 pesos). You could go to the D'mall for all the restaurants and some groceries.

Distance to great beach: just a short walk, best time to get in the water is from 8 am to noon. This is also the best time to get pictures so schedule swimming and picture taking on different days.

We also tried the beach just in front of the hotel itself. (it's just okay, so dont bother.. go to the nicer beach... walk!!!!!!!!!!! )

Breakfast: Just okay but with the price of the stay, the view and the service, why should i complain?? :) Plus it filled us up. I tried both continental and american breakfast. My favorite is still the american, I didnt really like the continental (i am not sure if it was uncooked oat of some sort with fruits and milk on it).
They have other stuff in their menu but you are only allowed 220pesos per person if you don't want to pay extra.
Plus they gave us free hot water (a whole pot) so we can make our own coffee (we brought our own 3 in 1 coffee since we don't like brewed coffee)

Land transfer: Great! include this in your package because it will eliminate a lot of stress going to the resort (and going back home). We thank Aleli the manager for taking care of our trip back to the Kalibo airport. It was already late when i saw that they only include caticlan-artista-caticlan for the package if you want to include transfers but she said I dont have to pay extra even if our airport is Kalibo going back. It would have been a hassle to still pay out of pocket for the van when you thought everything is already paid for right? Plus arranging everything too is a hassle, but not with them.... they arranged it too.

Beach: as i said, great beach... blue blue blue, clear water.. .... white white white soft sand especially in the morning! Just walk (u have to get pass the big paved rock with steps to get to the other side.

Swimming pool: None. (why do u need one?? )

But if you are into night life, this side of Boracay is not for you :)

Room Tip: ask for a room with ocean view and balcony
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple