“Perfect stay”

Artista Beach Villas
Ranked #67 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Leaving the weather aside, this stay was an amazing one. With the sound of waves in the night putting us to sleep and waking up with a beautiful beach and blue waters.

We requested for a view that is unblocked and the hotel really gave us something we are really satisfied.

Will return again for a better weather and season

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexZee

Reviewed 18 July 2014

When we first arrived I was a little bit sceptical about this hotel, as I'm probably used to a few more frills and modcons. After four days here we were completely won over however. The staff are amazing and the feeling of the place as a family-run hotel really comes across, with everyone you meet being warm and easy-going.

The view is absolutely stunning, with it's own little cove away from the buzz and bustle of the main road in town. It felt incredibly peaceful at Diniwid beach and one of our favourite parts of the day, was the walk back, the sun going down on our left-hand side as we passed the rocks and coast on our right.

Tourists will often be approached by vendors hawking trips and goods but near the hotel most of the time we were left to our own devices. Food was simple fare but fresh, made to order and no major complaints other than a narrow range. That's to be expected however with other hotels able to provide a bit of variety of either side, we still felt catered for.

All in all, will never forget the beauty and peace of this little hideaway hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the extra for the joy of sitting on the balcony when the sun comes up
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Atinuke A
Reviewed 15 June 2014

think we were not lucky when arrived on 8 june evening...the waves were already big and splashing on the beach & rocks at diniwid beach, especially in front of artista villas. not a situation where we expected as we had confirmed that we can snorkel there before we booked the villa. however the view, the room & the hospitality of the staff made up for all these! they were fantastic, warm & friendly, never a bit pushy, and helped us all the way with their knowledge & english language. noise insulation is not fantastic as well especially inconvenient when we have a big group of gatherers playing games etc. be careful as the steps will be slippery during rainy days as one of us actually fell down & hurt his back. but maybe the slippers played a part! would still recommend to people whom are interested in best views!

Room Tip: personally feel that the 2 level 2 rooms facing the beach/sea are the best, as ground floor lacks pr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bobdog808
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

One of the nicest places I have stayed in.
The beach in front of the hotel is pure turquoise sea. Even if we normally tend to do a lot of visiting around, this time we just hung out on the lounges in front of the hotel. It is also quieter than the places on Station 1,2,3. You have less white sandy beach though (but it s not a problem).

The rooms are clean. The lack of separation (other than a curtain) between the bedroom and the toilets is not ideal but was not a problem. The rooms with a view on the sea are to breakfast enjoyed on the private terrace anyway.

Breakfast is nice and copious.
There are several nice options for food around too.

The staff and the manager are very nice and were very helpful.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cyremia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our vacation to Boracay was structured so that a group of us were staying in different accommodation on Diniwid beach to celebrate both Easter and one of the parties 60th birthday. We arranged for the Birthday girl herself to stay at Artista and what a great idea that was. Firstly, the staff's service is second to none; they continuously go out of their way to be friendly, approachable, accommodating and appreciate that you are on vacation and therefore try to make everything as stress free as possible for you. they made a lovely fuss of the birthday girl on the day too. All in all, the staff are an asset to the place, the location is more than perfect and although it is not the Shangrila, the personalized touch location is brilliant- thank you Artista!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank siobhan h
Reviewed 12 April 2014

So glad I stayed here. I began my 10 day Boracay vacation on White beach and ended it on Diniwid. Diniwid is very relaxing. My room at the Artista was on the second floor and it had a sea view. The view was simply spectacular. The room was much smaller than my previous one on White Beach but perfect for a solo traveler. I requested an upgrade to my original reservation and they were able to accommodate it. After reading several reviews I wanted to sneak a peek at room number 7. It had a great balcony, well worth requesting that room, but again I was very pleased with the one I was given. The bathroom has a cloth curtain on a rod for a door so if you are not traveling alone and like your bathroom privacy, well you might want to take that into consideration. There was a mini fridge, but I would have liked an electric kettle for hot drinks and noodle cups too. There were breakfast choices and the portions were very generous and it always tasted very good. They do not serve dinner at Artista but there are several delicious places to eat in either direction of the hotel. I really liked the size of the Artista, not too small not too large. It attracted the types of travelers I identify with expats and professionals seeking a place to relax and embrace the serenity. The staff were exceptionally friendly and the owners ALWAYS had genuine smiles on their faces. The room was kept really clean and a beach lounge was always available with umbrella and towel. The property boasts an enormous salt water pool called the Sulu Sea…jump in, swim around, you'll fall in love. I also used their airport transfer guide I would call him. He escorted and carried my pack to the trike, ferry, and trike again before we reached the airport. He was a very respectful professional young man, and such a great service as I had no idea how to return to the airport and didn't want to figure it out on my own. Bravo Artista! Bravo!

Room Tip: Request a room with a sea view and balcony. I don't think you can go wrong though with any of t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sugarcookies
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at Artista for 4 nights in the deluxe ocean view room. The young staff were fantastic. There were always 3 or 4 staff members around the front desk ready to answer any of our requests. They made many calls for us to make reservations, brought us lunch on the beach and answered our questions about around town. There is a beautiful quiet beach right in front and it's a little ways away from White Beach and all the shops but that's what makes it a nice getaway. The rooms are not special but were always well maintained. I am planning to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple