“A Home Away from Home”

Artista Beach Villas
Ranked #62 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 1 May 2009

My husband and I have stayed at Artista Beach Villa for 5 days over the Easter Season 2009. This Boutique Hotel is a real jewel on Boracay when you love to stay away from the noisy chrowds on Long Beach. It is nested in beautiful Diniwid Beach just a short walk away from Boracay Nightlife. The hotel has 9 beautiful designed and clean rooms, with the most charming and friendly staff, always there to attend to our needs and helpful to organise boot trips and BBQs on nabouring islands. With the free Wireless Internet we even could stay connected without hassle with the rest of the world while spending time in paradise. We are truely looking forward to come back to the Artista, a place where we can lay back and enjoy your life.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JMCulala

Reviewed 24 April 2009

I had to go to a conference in Manila and I decided rather than to stay in Manila to spend a 4 days in Boracay. After a lot of surfing on the internet I discovered Artista Beach Villas. It was a genuine discovery. From the day I landed till the day I left I had a wonderful and very relaxing time. I continuously travel the world and stay in all the major hotels. But a room is a just a room...well this was not so in Artista.
I truly enjoyed my stay at Artista and I will not forget the great
hospitality. Most memorable are its location, its serenity, its
beauty, peace and quietness. But more importantly I truly enjoyed all the
people you have working at Artista..... Sam, Junior, Ryan, Dinah,
Mishel and the others...(I regret not to remember all the names
anymore). It was great talking to them and they made you feel right
at home. We had a lot of fun and laughter. Whenever my
travel schedule permits....I love to come back.

For those individuals or couple looking for a truly relaxing spot and a beautiful gettaway, Artista is the place to be.

For me this was the first time in the Philippines and I was touched
by the warmth and kindness of the people.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank PDRReno_NV
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We recently spent 3 nights on Boracay and selected Artista Beach Villas as our preferred accommodation on the strength of other Trip Advisor reports. We were not disappointed.

This small guest house of only 8 or 9 bedrooms is located in a small compact corner of the island, some 10-15 minutes walk away from the main beaches and the numerous hotels, bars and resataurants that Boracay has to offer. But if peace, quiet, relaxation and relative simplicity is what you are seeking then this is it.

The owners, Jimmy and Nenita, were away travelling when we visited but I had previously had multiple email contacts with Nenita and everything was in place for our arrival including the airport pick up and boat ride from Caticlan. The boat landed at another hotel just around the corner from Artista and although there was a winding path and a good number of steps to negotiate, our luggage was taken from us and transported directly to our bedroom . We were delighted to be checked into "Room Siete" which is truly the best room in the house with a double aspect view of the coastline. The room was clean and bright, simply but comfortably furnished with a good size double bed, TV, minibar and as other TA regulars have reported a great power shower located behind a curtain with the WC whilst the wash basin was located within the room itself. Artista also has free wireless internet which was a real bonus.

The girls who were running the place in the owners' absence looked after us very nicely providing a welcome drink upon arrival and an unobtrusive service. They provided either an American or continental breakfast on the roof terrace each day at whatever time suited the guest. "If you want breakfast at 3pm we'll make it for you" we were told. Drinks and snacks were also available throughout the day and free bottled water was provided in the room. Our room was serviced daily and fresh bed linen provided.
Beyond that we were pretty much left to get on and enjoy our holiday.

There are several bars and small inexpensive restaurants directly adjacent to Artista (we ate at Mamas Fish House twice) and a higher quality restaurant up some steep steps on the cliff face above Artista. We didn't venture very far from this little corner of Boracay, swimming from the steps in front of the hotel (the beach had been washed away recently which was a bit disappointing) and sunbathing on the loungers provided.

We came away thoroughly relaxed and will certainly aim to get back again to this little corner of paradise when we can.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrMarksTravelTips
Reviewed 17 December 2008

A Wonderful Place and what Wonderful People,

I stayed for 8 nights at Artista from November 23rd to December 2nd and loved every minute of it. The location is perfect in a quiet and beautiful cove away from the hustle and bustle of white beach, but within easy reach of all facilities, Artista is a lovely place to stay , the hotel is spotlessly clean and quite unique in its design. The staff , well words cannot do justice to all the staff at Artista, the girls Aleli, Diane, Mary Lou, Andrea and Christy were absolutely brilliant and we became friends almost immediately on my arrival, Sam and the boys took me out and showed me some lovely places, like crystal cove for a picnic and organised a beach barbeque outside the hotel for myself , the staff and anyone else passing who wished to sample the lovely Lechon that Sam had organised. I am looking forward to my return in 2009 to Artista for another wonderful holiday with people who I regard now as family friends. If you go to Borocay go to Artista you will be overwhelmed by the friendliness and service from Nenita & Jimmy and the staff. I looked very carefully at all the hotels before deciding on Artista, I cannot have chosen better for triple the price.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Kevinj_8
Reviewed 17 July 2008

Boracay..WOW, that would an understatement of a lifetime. Being just married,me and my wife decided on Boracay for our first trip together(many, many to follow!) Upon surfing, i remembered from my stay in the Philippines this site and came across Artista. I booked very fast, a deluxe room,12 june -21 june, just 2 or 3 days prior to our arrival. Arriving at Caticlan, you are asap taken by the absolution of the beauty that Boracay is, this place is absolutely breathtaking in the true sense of the word. At the Caticlan jettiport Sam brought us with a speedy boat across the bay and along the famous white Beach right to the doorstep of Artista. The setting of Artista is really something, perched against the backdrop of the Diniwid beach cliff, we were welcomed by the staff with a drink. Now, there's welcome drinks and there's Artista welcome drinks..got the picture? The rooms were absolutely top-notch, super clean, a large, more than cozy bed, with a balcony view across the beach there, which is absolutely amazing!! The showers are absolutely the bees-knees(i want one in my house-can anyone give me the brand?). On the roof-top there's a quiet , lovely little café where u can have b-fast, som drinks, the menu offers yummy sandwiches(tuna sandwich par excellence!), different soups(equally yummy), drinks, pancakes, the b-fast is excellent, everything is very tastefully done and the staff really put their effort and personal touch into everything.The first night at the hotel Nenita treated us to some risotto and ..champagne-upon mentioning that we were freshly married.Thanks again Nenita! The room service is wonderful. At Artista u don't get the usual unpersonal approach some hotels defy u with, the people here are really concerned with your questionq and wishes. Boracay in itself is such a treat of a lifetime, Artista makes it more than perfect. Sadness takes over when u have to leave here, but with a helping hand of som taiphoon we could stay 2 days longer, trust me this is a place where u wanna stay longer with a smile. Even , losing ure luggage doesn't break the mood. In all their defying concrete wisdom Cebu Pacific decided to get our lugage lost, well...thanks to Sam 2 hours later we had our luggage in the room! Thanks again Sam! If anyone has the chance to go to Boracay this is the place to be. Unbrideled, faithful creation of a heaven on earth. This is the perfect setting and decor for 2 people in love! And for anyone else, who is not so in love will fall in love with this place! See u next time , salamat Artista

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank thenewbreed
Reviewed 9 July 2008

This hotel is excellent. The staff were very friendly and took the extra time to make our stay special. Alelia and Keith made us feel very welcome. The rooms are extremely clean and the power showers are very efficient! There is a short walk required across the beach to get to the hotel but Sam, the transport man made sure that this was not a problem as his organisation to get us from Caticlan to the hotel and back was superb! We even went back to the airport in a speedboat!!!!!

We would recommend this hotel and will definately go back!

10 out of 10

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I was supposed to stay at a resort on the main beach (Fridays). Fortunately I changed my mind and found the Artista. It's not a resort, so much as, a small, well kept, boutique hotel. The rooms were large, clean, minimal, wifi, hot shower, satellite tv.... A gracious staff. Always smiling. Allowing your privacy. The hotel is on a smaller beach away from the crowds and all the tourist shops. It was great to experience that on my terms, and then simply walk away and go back to the wonderful Artista. It's a beautiful10-15 walk along the beach from the hotel. Felt like you were more of a community than a tourist destination. I extended my stay. The rate offered was excellent and it was to perfect to leave. Thank you to everyone who made my time there a memorable one. Will gladly come back!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo