“Enjoyed our stay”

Boracay Beach Resort
Ranked #74 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed at this place for 8 nights and enjoyed our stay here. We had selected the garden cottages. The staff was helpful and the checkin process was very smooth. We were also provided mango shakes after checkin.
We were travelling with our 18month old. At the itme of booking, we had asked the hotel (through email) if they could provide a microwave oven in the room for preparing baby food. At that time the answer was yes. However, when we checked in, we did not find the microwave and were told we could give them the baby food and they would warm it in their kitchen. This was going to be a LOT OF inconvenience since our baby is still teething and can't take much solid food.

However, next day, they told us that they are going to place the microwave in our room. I really appreciate this because our whole trip would have been a waste if we had to go to their kitchen to cook baby food 4 times a day, everyday !!!

Rooms: The garden cottages are a bit old but are kept very clean. ( good job by house keeping :) ). We stayed in hut no.105 and it was very dark there. The room had just 1 little CFL light. Other than lighting, the room was just fine and I do not have any complaints.They provided 2 water bottles ( small 350ml ) everyday. Also, the hotel has beach beds on the beach which the guests can use. They also provide clean beach towels. The resot has free Wi-Fi and the connectivity in our room was good.

Location: the hotel is right on the beach which was a plus. Also, it is on boat station 2 and very close to D'Mall and party area. There are many good restaurants nearby. Another plus point is that inspite of being in party area ,we were never disturbed by loud music.

Our booking included daily breakfast at Café del mar, which is a restaurant/bar in the same property. The breakfast has different choices: American, continental, Filipino and also a healthy set. I found the breakfast quite nice. The girls at the restaurant were very pleasant and always smiled and played with our little one while we had our breakfast. :)

Overall, we were happy and satisfied with our stay at this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank asinhk
There are newer reviews for Boracay Beach Resort

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Boracay beach resort made my first boracay experience truly memorable. We stayed at one of the Garden Suites. The room was very spacious and clean. The interiors were all white. It kind of had a mediterranean feel. Felt like I was in Greece or something. I liked how bright the room was. The room had an adjacent bathroom, which was also big, clean and very pretty. The only down side of our stay there is that the water heater of our room stopped working so we had to shower in cold water for a day or two. Also, it is also important to know that this hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk or a trike ride away to where the party places in Station 1 are (Sur/Two Seasons/White House). If that isn't a factor for you, then BBR is definitely the place for you :)

Room Tip: Only choose the garden suites or seafront suites
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theworldismyaddress
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I am expecting to enjoy the beach coz its beach front but it has a lot of seaweeds and boats in there. Some other resorts that are beach front has a little seaweeds and no boats. The beachfront location is just useless.

We were given the room where we went outside the resort, in a little a hallway where people pass by. Its like a different building where the entrance is located outside in the hallway. Anyway, it was okay, the room is clean and beautiful. Very nice room actually. The pancake is also very nice and tasty.

Wont be back again. I am so disappointed with the very weedy and boaty beachfront.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank arlenemc
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Centrally located at Broacay Station 2, is one of the main reasons why I booked this resort. I've been in Boracay for 3 times around and this is my first time to be able to choose my own accommodation. I spent my first two visits at Boracay in non beachfront resorts, and after several considerations, I come to think that having an accommodation just in front of the beach would be a great idea since I go there to enjoy the beach, ryt?

I stayed in their Standard Room on May 13-15, 2013, with my mom. Their staffs were so accommodating!! When I arrived at the hotel it was around 8:00 AM and it's way way too early as their actual check in time is at 2:00 PM. I was welcomed by Rihanna (their Front Office staff). She advised that they would be able to let me check in as early as 10:00 AM coz they need to prepare the room for us first. So we went around the beach and lastly sat on the hotel's sunbeds wishing to let the time passes by enjoying the beach. It's not even 10:00 AM yet, and suddenly the staff came approached me saying that we can already occupy our room.

They gave us a really really nice mango shakes as their welcome drinks. The room was small, but it's fine for us as we'll be out of the room most of the time. On our first day, the aircon is not really cool in the room, especially on the day time. But I believe the staffs who went inside our room on the 2nd day to make up our room can feel it, that's why we had a more pleasant stay since they fixed the aircon , even without our instructions..

I found it really practical to stay at the beach front resort like BBR coz it allows us to go to our room to change outfit, go to bathroom, get some stuff, etc just a few steps from the beach itself.

The reservation I booked comes with complimentary breakfast for 2 that is served in their Cafe Del Mar. It was a sumptuous breakfast my mom and I had. They had options of Filipino, American, English and some other kinds of breakfast. We opted for the Filipino breakfast which we did enjoy.

The resort is very near to the Red Coconut, Epic, D'Mall and many main attractions of the island.

For a special rate of 2 persons, we just need to pay P100 for the tricycle that brought us from the Boracay's Cagban Port to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to be at the beach area earlier as the free sunbeds for the resort guests are limited.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JPodung_25
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed at the BBR last May 2013 for 3 days and 2 nights with my partner. I was in charge of planning the activities, and my partner was in charge of finding a good hotel. Being the OC me, I researched every hotel that she suggested. BBR had the best reviews. And when we got there, it didnt disappoint. Hotel Customer Service is simply the best I have received in years. They provide for every request you make but they do so discreetly that you wont even notice them there. Also, they provide extra mile. My partner fancied the 'bayong' which they have for the beach towels and when she asked if she can bring it home, the hotel staff acquiesced right away. Cafe del Mar offers good food, only I wish the portions were bigger. The cold towels that greet you upon arrival was a nice touch. We chose the Garden Suite by the way. It didnt have the lanai chair as pictured in the website though since we found out that some suites have smaller veranda. But the staff explained it politely and apologized profusely so it was soon forgotten. The beach lounge chairs were fantastic as it offers one of the best views of the horizon. Also, an RCBC ATM was just beside the hotel entrance so I always had access to my money whenever I ran out of cash. Location -wise, its very strategic. Its near to both station1 and 2 and its not so noisy at night. Would love to go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Siyoktong
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Garden cottages are old. Bathrooms were renovated but work is shabby. Experienced the same check-in woes as pinksocks1208. On our 2nd night, the aircon was hot with lots of bugs in the rooms. This was despite the fact that we asked front desk to fumigate the room earlier in the day. We did get a room change the next day.
The reason I gave it a 3 is its location. You enjoy the beach front and both station 1 and 2 are nearby.

Room Tip: Avoid the old garden cottages.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CrazzeeShopper
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Room are clean and location was fantastic. Service is good as the resort will provide you a pair of beach towel for your usage. Resort guest are free to use the beach chair and facility in front of the beach!Just a weakness which is quite noise in Friday and Saturday night due to the neighbour hood of the resort is District!! Famous pub in Boracay! Another complain is water pressure are too low. I not sure whether this is Philippines common problem just that my room shower ain't make me feel fresh after shower due to this problem.

And I dunno why tripadvisor needed minimum 200 character to express my feeling. Good is good, bad is bad. If good enough for the stay only few words would probably describe the thing out, if bad, even 2000 words would not enough for us to express out the feeling!

Anyways as a conclusion, is good an value money and only really 2 minutes walk to white beach!

I hope it enough for 200 characters!

• Stayed: April 2013