“Nice location, in the center of everything”

Boracay Beach Resort
Ranked #68 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
taipei
“Nice location, in the center of everything”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

This is my 3rd time to visit boracay, as I always pass by this resort years ago, I was attracted by its mediterranean style hotel, and with its glowing good reviews here, We decided to spent 4D3N in their newly renovated garden suite last feb. The room was good enough with a veranda and the bathroom was spacious.

My problem started with a clogged sink in the bathroom, I complained it the next morning, they had someone to fixed it right away, and now for my biggest nightmare, a SLEEPLESS and tired vacation, every morning I will be awaken by a bright ray of morning sunlight penetrating inside the room, they have like a window glass besides the bed, and they dont have curtains to avoid the sunlight coming in, I ended up 7 AM awake everyday, now im early and ready for their breakfast. lol. I relayed this to Ms Flor, she said some guest have complained about it too, its kinda funny, if u keep getting the same complained everyday, u should think of something to really solve the problem, not just try to patch it up for the moment. She asked someone to put black plastic to cover all the windows for us, at first we were satisfied, but after just few hours all the plastic bags fell down, the tapes can't hold it down, the following morning i relayed this again to ms flor, she had someone to put more tapes with the plastic, but it fell down again. I gave up and told myself, we just need to tolerate and have to live with this bright morning light everyday.

We avail the pick up transfer from kalibo its php 800/person, I know this is more expensive compare to other hotels, I just think maybe they have more luxurious and private service, but i was wrong. we were with public people going to boracay all the way, public bus to caticlan, public boat to boracay, non aircon van to our hotel. its a little dissapointing.

Stayed in Nami and Sea wind from my previous boracay vacation, which I totally had a great relaxing vacation, all i can say this hotel didn't offer much.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Central
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

I've been wanting to write a review of the BBR ever since I stayed there last February. A year later, I still dream fondly of the ten wonderfully relaxing days I spent in Boracay and the Boracay Beach Resort.

I spent quite a few hours trawling TripAdvisor prior to the trip, looking for the best value for money place to stay as I didn't need luxury and didn't want to spend too much money, yet I wanted somewhere comfortable with a pretty convenient location (but not in the thick of things). BBR was perfect for me, starting with the friendly and prompt email exchange between Ms Flor and myself where I peppered her with a hundred questions; she was SO helpful, and this helpfulness extended all the way with her staff and all through my stay. Transfer from the Caticlan airport to the hotel itself was hassle-free as the resort arranged for someone to meet me there and help me all the way through 2 motorbike-cab rides and 1 boat transfer.

I checked into one of their cheaper rooms which was basic but fine for my needs - 2 single beds, a TV (which I never used), airconditioning, and a plain but functional bathroom. My only problem was the shower lacked hot water (which it was supposed to have) and I did have to complain about it a couple of times, but they moved me to the room next door as soon as my neighbors checked out, which was the next day. Each bungalow has its own balcony and hammock, and I spent many a hot afternoon there having a nap or reading a book...it was absolute bliss. There's also free wi-fi available in the lobby area, but because my room was so close, I could access the wi-fi from my hammock which was perfect!

The resort has a restaurant out front (run separately from the resort itself) with a limited but good menu. Breakfast is complimentary every morning and you get a choice of continental, American or Filipino-style food. Also, the resort has its own private beach area in front that's reserved for hotel guests with sun lounges, although the tide does rise up pretty high in the early afternoon (at which point we'd just move down the beach to Red Coconut's beachfront).

Location-wise, the BBR is right between Station 1 and 2...close enough to D'Mall (about 5min walk on the beach) and loads of restaurants around, but far enough from the hustle and bustle of Station 2's heart that it isn't too crowded/busy, especially at night. My favorite place to grab dinner is at Paradiso Grill not too far from the resort...lovely fresh grilled seafood, yum! Very laidback vibe, and there's a live band next door for after dinner drinks.

The BBR was definitely a home away from home, and I can't wait to return this year!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

Staff were all great, really friendly. Location was unreal. Very much a chilled out beach vibe with a heavy service orientaion. Food was also really good, although a touch limited in choice. That said, we ate so many of our meals at the hotel because what there was was well done & eating right on the water's edge was idyllic. Wifi was a bit patchy from the rooms, also Boracay network service can get very slow. No safe in rooms but they have a lock box in the office - from the sounds of the previous post you may want to use it for the most portable of values. That said, I left my laptop out in the room the whole time I was there without any trouble. We don't leave small valuables out anywhere we go so I guess you can sometimes bring issues on yourself.

Construction going on up the block started at 630 on workdays which was a drag if you happened to wake b4 you wanted. If you want to chill on the balcony of the garden suites, an ipod will be just the ticket.

We hooked the accomodation up together with a windsurfing package thru Green Yard. That was a good combination.

I would call this hotel as being in the upper end of the independents, but not quite as plush as you would expect from the up mkt chains. Very personal service, great food, good value for money & well appointed.

We will definitely go back if we get the chance, no questions about it...

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

I have been wanting to write a review about this hotel ever since my experience last year, I chose boracay beach resort because it was my second trip to boracay and i was already familiar with the place, but this last trip of ours was HORRIBLE! we took the best suite to spend a good holiday but instead, my boyfriend lost all of his travel money in the hotel room! there is no sense of responsibilty from the hotel to compensate the situation because it was very obvious that it was by someone from the hotel who could have only had the spare key to open the room, and since it was the best suite there was a separate room for the living room and the bedroom, thus leaving us not to hear anyones footstep even if anyone tried to come inside because we were in the bedroom. We reported the case immidietely to the hotel management Ms.Flor and they really were not helpful with the situation, we didnt want to make a big deal about it at first, but then because the people outside told us this was not the first time it happened in this hotel, AND THATS WHAT PISSED US OFF! because if they knew this had happened several times that too a week before our arrival someone also lost his watch there should have been some precautions or warning that there is no safety and we should be more careful. But instead they tried to defend themselves more than anything else i even spoke to the owner but he was such a coward to deal with the situtaion, i would say not a man of his word, he initially decided to return our cash and we wanted to move out, but he then went against his word and made his WIFE WHO WAS AN ATTORNEY TO SPEAK TO US! AND SHE COULD ONLY SAY THERE WAS NO PROVE! this is my only answer to such a irresponsible worst hotel ive ever been too, if this was not the first time why werent there put any VIDEO CAMERA to avoid situations like this. BUT INSTEAD she kept saying because there was no video camera there was no proof, so that means anyone who stays there and loses anything the answer would only be there is no video camera there is no proof! THIS BY FAR HAS BEEN MY WORST EXPERIENCE, after all that, we decided to leave the hotel and shift and never will i ever stay or reccomend this place to anyone who wants to feel safe. HOTELS ARE MEANT TO MAKE YOU FEEL SAFE OF YOURSELF AND BELONGINGS, In total we had lost US$1400 and a DISSAPOINTING HOLIDAY! ANYONE OUT THERE WANTING HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER BORACAY BEACH RESORT. Thats my advise to you travellers.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
15 Thank HeenaSingapore
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2010

this is my 2nd time in Boracay, but its my 1st time staying in BBR. i really love the ambiance of their resort. i tried to search the best hotel for 6 months and throughout those months the person that im talking through the emails are really accomodating.
at first when we arrive at the resort ms.flor and the whole gang greeted us with their warm smile..they also arrange our transfer from caticlan port and it was so hassle free.we only booked the deluxe bungalow but with all surprise ms.flor upgrade our room to a garden suite..it was so-so amazing!!i really love the room and it was so big for just me and my boyfriend..we are so pleased with the room, its so big and so clean and of course i really like the hammock and it makes me slip at night..their breakfast is good also and their pancakes are big :)...

overall, i really love and enjoy my stay here in BBR..
thanks to Ms. Flor, Ryan and Kuya Ferdinand!
hope to see you soon!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sassy1016
Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2010

We stayed at the BBR from December 25 - January 3. Overall, we had such an amazing experience and are very happy we chose this hotel. They have exceptional customer service and Flor went out of her way to meet all our needs.

Location:
The hotel is located where beach station 1 and 2 meet. This area has the best pure white sand and makes everything very accessible. There are tones of places to eat around here, cheap and expensive. There is a convenience store and star bucks about 2 minutes away. The Dmall is about 3 minutes way and has great shopping and food. Contrary to popular belief this area of the beach is quiet and relaxing.

Accommodation: We stayed in a deluxe bungalow. It had a king size bed and a single bed in the room. There was a big deck with a hammock and two chairs. The deck was great for lounging and having some drinks with our friends. The room was cleaned daily and we were always provided water and fresh towels. You can get beach towels daily from the front desk and there are about 15 chairs reserved on the beach for BBR guests. The front desk staff will let you use their laptops at anytime and there is free wireless Internet.

Food: Included with our accomodation was free breakfast. There are 3 different breakfasts to choose from and they are all delicious. Our favourite was the BBR special - two toast, an egg, bacon, fresh fruit and coffiee.

The resort picked us up from the port in Caticlan and delivered us right to the hotel. It was hastle free and easy.

I highly reccomend this resort. It is one of the best on the island.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank boopper
Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2010

Usually, when I go to Boracay, I try to book a room at BBR. I like staying there because of its great location, super friendly staff, and comfortable rooms.

Last November, my friends and I stayed at one of the Garden Suites. These rooms are really beautiful; plus they come with a nicely situated veranda that faces the garden. Another thing that's nice about BBR is it's pretty central to everything you could do on the side of the white beach. It's walking distance to the good bars (Hey Jude is a favorite!), the mall, and to pretty much all the restaurants.

The staff of BBR is also very accommodating and friendly. If you have any concerns, they're always more than happy to make sure you're stay in Boracay will be exactly the holiday you desire.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends