“5 senses engaged, beyond expectations!”
Review of Canyon De Boracay

Canyon De Boracay
Ranked #53 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Makati
“5 senses engaged, beyond expectations!”
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Travel to Boracay has never been as comfortable and relaxing as it had been staying at Asya. The transfer from Caticlan to Boracay Island was the first 'wow' to me. Alighting from the bus to be greeted and assisted by the staff, to the comfortable van ride towards the private dock to get on our speedboat transfer towards the island via the 'cove'... This is definitely a nice treat, especially if one is so wanting to maximize time on the island. On top of being dispensed from queuing and waiting for the ferryboat ride at the jetty port, the view of the approaching island is all for one's eyes to take-in without so much visual disruption. At the cove, another van is waiting to transport us to Asya.
Smiles and refreshing towels are packaged-in as we were ushered towards the lobby for our chilled kalamansi juice (good stuff). As we entered our rooms assisted by the hotel staff, it was with so much glee to find a nice roomy place with streaks of natural light coming through the glass window panels. Not only visually relaxing, it likewise has a soothing (spa-like) scent about the room. Other pluses, there's a mini garden through our room. The toilet and bath is just as roomy and comfortable. Complimentary fruits and drinks is not so new to me, but boy hospitality has been spelled out differently when we were informed that the initial load inside our fridge comes as a compliment from the hotel as well! WOW!
The one other thing i really, really love is the bed... lying on it, felt like being wrapped within a minty envelop (there's a soothing feel, equalling the scent).
Being strategically located near the local police station, coast guard office and travel center and other nearby party places its nice to note that Asya maintained an enclosure against noise that may disrupt one's relaxation.
The staffs' constant lookout for our comfort, like towels everytime we leave the hotel is another plus. It was worth knowing also that several board and in-door games are available, should we feel like staying in. Although, i would have loved it even more if the pool's depth had been kept at 4ft. or at least 5ft. across the entire stretch (well thats just a thought, of course there's the vast boracay beach!).
True to the reputation it had earned from being recommended the "roast honey chicken (?)" was a delight to my tastebud, the meat was tasteful inside out and the sauce was a nice combi.
Here's more, hotel staffs goes 2 steps beyond expectations in the delivery of their service by assisting us in the confirmation of and transport to our early flight in Kalibo. Staying at Asya, made this Boracay trip a real leisure and relaxation time-out.
My senses are too glad taking in all that you have extended during our stay, i'll fondly look back to this visit and definitely will tell my friends about it.
More happy guests to you! All the best and more! :-)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank BooMoonstar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Let me start off by saying Asya Boracay is really a beautiful, clean, modern style hotel with attentive and friendly staff! I am so pleased and happy to have found this hotel on this site. I spent hours and days looking for a hotel that I really wanted get my money's worth. Being that it was our first trip to Boracay, I wanted to make sure I picked the right hotel. Asya Boracay surely exceeded my expectations!

We were greeted at the airport by Marvin (what a great addiction he is to Aysa Boracay). He had a huge smile and sign with my last name on it and waving at us. His smile was so warm and welcoming it seemed like we knew each other for a long time! We were escorted to our very own white van with AC and then driven to our very own speedboat. We were the only ones that arrived that hour so it was pretty special to have the speedboat to ourselves. When we arrived to Boracay we were then escorted to another van which took us straight to our hotel. Everyone from the first van, to the guys on the speedboat to the gentlemen who drove us to the hotel, were very nice and friendly. It kinda seemed like we were "celebrities" of some sort. Very special feeling! My boyfriend even commented and said "Now this is what I call service!"
When we arrived to the hotel, we were greeted with a nice refreshing drink and cold face/hand towels with a very nice smell to it. Loved it! After a brief meeting about the Hotel we were then escorted to our Villa Suite room. What a wonderful room. Loved the design! So clean and spacious. The bathroom..oh my! Better than mine at home! The bed was very big and comfy and the Kitchen (even though we didn't NEED to use it) was just great to have. We had a balcony which was very nice to just sit out and relax under the bamboo trees. After we settled for a bit, we decided to take a look around the Hotel (with camera at hand). The landscaping is just beautiful and so serene. Very well designed. The pool was awesome (even though it was only 3 feet deep) but hey..at least they have a pool! There's a nice area by the pool to just relax and even play some table games they provide for you. The restaurant I love because it was open design with ceiling fans. The food was delicious and the breakfast (which was included with our room) was always hot and ready every morning. The staff at the desk was always willing to help and even got everything ready for us when we were ready to leave on our last day. Everytime we wanted to go to the beach, we were always handed a beach towel and optional rain/beach umbrella. Everytime we would come back from the beach or anywhere else we went, we were always handed those refreshing smelling cold face/hand towels and offered to let us wash our feet with their little water fountain they had up in front. The handsome gentlemen who was always guarding the front of Aysa Boracay always had a smile on his face and greeted us everytime we entered. Sorry I forgot his name but I think it was Gerald? Our housekeeper was so good at keeping our room nice and sparkling clean! Thank you! I forgot his name as well but I think it started with a D? Next time i'll write them down..sorry!..=) Unfortunately, because of the weather, we did not get to stay at the Cove. But, when we left we did actually leave on the speedboat from there. How I wish we could of had a nice full day there. Seemed like a nice spot to relax, swim, eat, snorkel and all the other things that the Cove provided. Next time!

I would definitely recommend this beautiful Hotel to everyone who would love to visit Boracay! We are planning to come back next year in June again. We will definitely stay there again. Thank you so much to all the staff for making our stay at Aysa Boracay unforgettable! 5 stars in our book!

Salamat po!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IHeartPhilippines
Manila
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Asya captures the essence of what Boracay truly is - simply enchanting. Our rooms were minimalist in features, generous in space and filled with natural light. Food and service was impeccable. Amenities, like the pool and garden, were conducive not only for the adults but for the kids as well. Once inside, one could instantly see that Asya was designed with the customer in mind.

However, what was really unforgettable was our short rendezvous to the second and new Asya site which will be launched in March. Relaxing, exclusive and breathtaking are the adjectives which instantly come to mind when we arrived at this jewel of a place.

Asya... a getaway from the ordinary.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank pompyang
cebu
Reviewed 17 November 2009

My fiancee and I took months of planning before we decided to make reservations for Asya Boracay. And we definitely do not regret every minute of our stay on the place.

The day we went there, was the day I proposed to my girlfriend for 6-yrs. Asya made the day more perfect and they surely made our stay truly unforgettable.

We would definitely recommend everyone to stay in Asya.

To the staff and crew of Asya, thank you so much! See you soon.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tkboi
HCMC
Reviewed 14 September 2009

As a hotelier with 16 years of international management experience and infact currently managing an award winning resort in Indo China

I am not easily impressed however after staying at Asya for 3 nights, 4 days. I can say that the staff there are one of th best I have dealt with . they convey warmness , concern and of course make the effort of greeting of you by your 1st name .

From the reservation to my send off.

They arranged all of my activities while there, which all went well and on my return they did follow up on asking me if I enjoyed myself

Pick up by their new , clean van and private speedboat.
Breakfast was simple but of excellent quality

My room was excellent but after almost 5 years of operations they are showing some signs of wear but nothing big .

Kudos to the management and staff. I ll make sure to share my experience to my family , friends and also to my classes in Cornell.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelingpinoy
Manila
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I stayed at Asya last Aug.29-30.2009. It's my first visit at Boracay & Asya made it very relaxing & memorable..

To the Asya Staff & Crew...Cheers for the job well done!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends