“Very nice stay!”
Review of Sur Beach Resort

Sur Beach Resort
Ranked #34 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nice hotel on the beach in Boracay. Nice staff and nice breakfast.

Enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel was on the quiet zone at Boracays beach. Staff was friendly and it was magnificent to relax in the good cabanãs at the beach.

The only con is that the beds are a little hard.

Would definitively stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank kjeei

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We made this reservation last minute and we were still able to get a good rate. The rooms were a little outdated but very clean and managed well. The staff were friendly and helpful. Always smiling and knew our names throughout our stay. The view from the balcony is gorgeous looking over the ocean. The beach chair were very nice and comfy. I love the little cabana houses where you can sit or lay all day. They also service you while you are in the cabanas, which is a first come, first serve basis. The bar was amazing because they were very family friendly and the drinks were cheap. Had fresh mango shakes everyday! Overall, I was very satisfied. I would definitely go back to stay!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Beachlovergurl
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I think the price is reasonable for the place...we like the cleanliness of the place and friendliness of the staff. Since its located in staion 1, its not crowded, so its really good for families with babies and kids. We will go back here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank vcvaldez
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Booked three rooms for the family in July 2013 and was not disappointed with the hotel. All rooms very clean and made up each day. Bathroom was good except for the cold water showers. Staff were excellent and very attentive. I was amazed at how coordinated everything was. The hotel picked us up and took us back to Cagban Port in the hotel bus and coordinated themselves closely with SunTours so there were no hickups. We had a late flight back to Manila so after 12pm check out, Sur stored our bags until mid afternoon.

Breakfast was great and so was the set menu lunches and dinner - all well priced.

Loved the cabanas and the proximity to the bar. Deck chairs on the beach were a nice touch.

15 minute walk to Station 2 on the beach or 60 Php for two on the trike.

Hints - try the Kasbah Restaurant up the beach for great Moroccan food. SUR bar closes at 10pm so wander up to Discovery Shores' bar for a nightcap.

Will be back next year.

Room Tip: Get a room in 'A' block which is slightly closer to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Livingston27
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Boracay for 4days. We are not booked originally from this Hotel. However on our 2nd day we decided to tranfer to SUR because the hotel we originally booked cause us trouble and inconvinienced.

I'm really glad that we decided to transfer here. The people are so nice. Their front desk officer accomodated us and gave us a good deal. they even helped us transfer our luggages from the hotel we're moving from. KUDOS! To their staff. I can say that I had a good customer service experienced.

The location is perfect! The rate is fair! I love the cabanas. Their meal entrees were at budget.

I'll definetly go back here :)

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank hopelessromantic09
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The property of Sur Beach Resort resembles apartments in the beach. A rattan mat welcomes your entrance into the room. The room was a combination of white and brown: alls washed and floors tiled in white while the fixtures were done in lacquered brown gave me a sense of balance and lightness. The comforter wrapped around the bed was fluffy and made me want to stay in and snuggle. The resort advocates energy saving - signs reminding guests to turn off lights and a/c when not to be used; there is a sign inside the shower room saying that heater is solar powered so guests would have to wait a short while for the water to heat up. I haven't verified how this is done so should you decide to stay in Sur, be sure to ask about it :) The resort's small beachfront is a stone's throw away. Its location in Station 1 offers relative silence compared to Station 2, however there are still people walking the long stretch of sand. Food places are not as near but accessible by foot (about 15-20 minutes walk) or local transportation called tricycles (costs between PhP60-100, depending on distance). All in all, I'm quite satisfied with my stay in Sur and would come back with friends to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank st0mpinggr0und
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here last January and I would say it was the best vacation I had in recent years. I missed the beach alot since I reside in the mountainous area of Canada. So I planned my trip pretty well. Staying in Sur beach resort completed my already perfect boracay experience. The Staff were friendly and they made me feel I was home away from home. Room rate was affordable considering it's located in station 1. I could not think of any negative comment during my entire stay (3 nights) and I would definitely go back if I had the chance. Cheers!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family