“My home in Boracay”

Ranked #26 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
London, United Kingdom
“My home in Boracay”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I love this resort! The reason why I always go back to Sur is the people! Rodel is one of them and he ensured that all of us were comfortable. He took the extra mile to bring us what we want. The rooms are very basic but clean nonetheless. It is located in station 1 and it's our favourite part of Boracay :)

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pina1traveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Makati City Philippines
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Ive been here 3x and this is one the very few hotels in Boracay who offer reasonable prices on accommodations with breakfast. The location is perfect, the rooms are clean, quite big and the staff are so friendly. You will surely enjoy your stay solo or in group, biz or pleasure or both. They have a nice beachfront where you can enjoy sunbathing during daytime and a small bar for cocktails on sunset time.

1 Thank Minipin1202
Manila
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After a 4 hours search. I've found the reviews in SUR very positive! So I decided to book a Standard double here for 3 nights but unfortunately they don't have available dates straight so they have to transfer me to Double Triple. First I was hesitant to book it but then I can't let my 3 nights pass without trying this resort, so I booked and I loved it! Breakfast is okay. but if you have lunch and dinner its yummy. Beachfront, Clean, room are so nice, Staff are very helpful and friendly. I felt safe while staying here. I recommend this place 100% Oh just make sure if you go clubbing at night do not bring the SUR umbrella cause if you lose it. it will cost you 800 pesos.

Room Tip: standard double is already enough if you are travelling solo. Very good room! Try their food during...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank asian_chic
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Sur has a lot of good things going for them - a perfect Station 1 Beach line, spacious rooms, friendly and accommodating staff and good food - so its no wonder its a great resort.

It is located in the quieter side of Station 1 which offers the best beach line. It is the perfect place to sunbathe and to take a dip.

Their rooms are spacious as well with the usual amenities - hot/cold shower, cable tv, small fridge. They have a veranda but because our room was at the back of the resort, it did not have view. If you want the best view, get the rooms facing the beach.

The staff were just amazing! They were courteous and quick. They never failed to give you that "service with a smile". If you want the best rates for the activities, just head on to the front desk and ask for Kuya Alex. He was the one who took us cliff diving and he gave the best rate in the island.

Going to Dmall is quite a hassle as you would still have to ride a trike. They don't have a pool as well which may be a turn-off for some but I don't care as I went there to enjoy the beach anyway.

So if you want a very good resort as a good price - you should definitely give Sur more than a second thought.

TIPS
- Special Trikes will cost you 60php so better ride the regular trikes which will just cost you 10php each

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the resort offer the best view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank bluealtec
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I cant even begin to explain how relieved we were to stay here after staying at the their neighbor hotel.White House which we had bad experience.so i booked in this hotel so we can leave that horrible hotel.And yes i was right for choosing this hotel.Best Rooms worth the money your paying!best service the staff are friendly and helpful especially the front office always prompt with all our needs.Thank you guys you saved our vacation!

Room Tip: try to book ahead so you can avail the best room with the best view!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kyle M
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 10 September 2013

If you're looking for a place where no need to worry about your money's worth, Sur is a good place where you can stay with your friends and family. It's very inexpensive yet the rooms are clean (which is very important for me). I just noticed that whenever I take a shower in the bathroom, it flooded so I had to request 3 floor towels before taking a shower to respect my roommate's cleanliness. Other than that, we had an awesome time! Oh yeah, don't forget to order for the Mango Rum at the bar, it's a must!

2 Thank MissButterLover
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This I would have to say is the best place I have stayed in Boracay. I have been here for so many times but Sur will be a place that I can call home in the paradise island. Considering I arrived early for check-in but their cabanas made me not notice the time of waiting. Not mentioning their Front Desk Staff were very caring and attentive to our needs (Special Mention: Rea). They made sure we checked-in to our preferred room on the ground floor and even asks us frequently if we need anything while waiting.

Breakfast may not be perfect but their servers (Special Mention: Janina) always attends to us with a smile. A smile helps you specially when you get a hangover from too much partying last night.

Their rooms are pretty decent and of good standards. The verenda also provides extra personal space for you to smoke and unwind before hitting the sheets. The only bad thing that I noticed is that their shower doors are a little squeaky but nonetheless, it was too minor to ruin anything.

They even itemized everything for me a day before check-out. It was such a breeze. Even my friend who celebrated his birthday in Boracay would agree with me that this is one hell of a hotel to stay in the island paradise. Truly I can say that this is a paradise within a paradise.

Oh and I forgot to mention, its location is superb plus they give discounts to returning guests! Surely I will 100% recommend this to friends, family and everyone who plans to visit Boracay!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the ground level. Easy access.
6 Thank Jam T