Sur Beach Resort
US$72
bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
Seabird International Resort(Boracay)(Great Value!)
US$86
TravelBook.ph
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewstriple roomhappy hour iswhite houselean seasonhome away from homeiced teabreakfast buffetfront office staffrooms are basicfew stepshot cold showervisit boracayboracay stationtwo thumbsquiet sidelounge chairssingle bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It took me months of reading reviews and browsing travel sites to look for the best hotel in Boracay, and when I said best I meant value for money. I wouldn't mind paying a little more than the usual as long as the area is not too crowded. And I reckon Boracay and "not crowded" can't be used in one sentence so I really had a hard time choosing among the countless of hotels, inns, and guesthouses on the island. I finally decided on staying in Sur Boracay.

I checked Sur's website and rates were P3920/night for a standard triple room. Not that bad since it's in Station 1, meaning less people, and it has its own chairs and cabanas for the guests. Perfect for a beach front resort. Sur also offered to arrange land transfers for us, which was good so we didn't have to worry about being lost.

Anyway, so when we arrived in Sur the first word that came to my mind to describe the place was "modest." It's not as grand as the other resorts in Station 1 but it's not as bare as other budget hotels. It's just...right. Just enough.

Their triple standard room is HUGE. It's around 36sqm. We were given a ground floor room though and I wished we got one of the veranda rooms so we could get a nice view of the beach. But we're okay with the room. It has everything we needed, except for windows. Unfortunately, there's no natural source of light so the room looks dark even during the day.

It was almost perfect if not for the lack of window and the smelly pillow cases. You know that smell when your clothes have not been dried properly because of the rain? So I asked for replacements and still the same smell. Probably because we visited during the rainy season? Another thing that I didn't like was the lack of exhaust fan in the en-suite bathroom.

But overall, we loved our stay in Sur. Service is good, food is awesome (especially the breakfast buffet!), and location is great. Far from the noise but not too far if you want to try some restaurants in between Stations 1 and 2.

We sill surely visit again :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank trialala
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

4 claps for sure

We stayed here last july 11-14, 2014 rooms are very nice very big rooms thou the ac's need more push we were expecting that every time will be returning back to our rooms will be having this chill feeling, what was wrong about it was all the 6 rooms me and my friends stayed-in are the same i'm not sure if you guys did something with your ac's? Facilities are complete each room has ots own small balcony/smoking area/chill area, cloth racks shampoo towels etc. Other than that everything is good.

Food is very nice and if you are really looking for a real good food around boracay i can say Sur has one of the best dishes, we loved the "sinigang" as we all say "VERY NICE", also try the crispy pata. Actully all dishies.

All staff are very accommodating, and very polite. And i mean by all i mean all there is no chance that if you bump with one of the staff they would not forget to say hi! Hello! Good morning until good night., very approachable i was drunk and feel a sleep at the bench out side even at early as 6am they would greet you with a smiling face., if you even ask them ti join your group pic they would, so you wont have a hard time asking and requesting with the staff.

The only thing i would suggest for sur is i hope you would have your own pool coz the two hotels beside you has pools., mejo nakakaingit lng,

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rafael Karim F
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a triple sharing room with my friends. The room is huge! Although, I think you need to have your ac's checked. Both of the rooms we stayed in had bad ac's.

The staff at the beach bar were very nice. Although your buy 1 take 1 promo can be deceiving. We ordered a drink after the promo and was served with tall glasses. During the promo hours, we were given two plastic cups.

If ever I return to Boracay, I'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have stay 5D4N at Sur Beach Resort.

Hi,

The first impression was the staff has waiting to fetch us at jetty.

The superior beachfront room is big and clean. We have enjoyed the nice sea view at our room balcony.

The staffs here are polite and helpful, it was definitely impressed in my mind.

On the other point, Sur beach resort are located away from crowded area, it is relax & enjoyable regardless day or night time.

And the transport arranged by Sur beach resort with Southwest transport company are good, we didn't get lose despite multiple transfer during the journey.

Overall of the above, I feel that Sur beach is value for money to stay in terms of the services, room and location at Station 1.

Sincerely thank you Sur Beach has given us a good stay and memory at Boracay.

I hope Sur Beach Resort able to continuous improve to be an excellent resort. We will plan for the next visit to Sur Beach again!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank hweeteng
Reviewed 5 June 2014

SOOOO disappointed with Sur's poor, poor, poor service!

We stayed in Sur resort just this May 2014. We requested for a queen sized bed, and a room on the 1st or 2nd floor during reservation. We were then informed via email that rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor are all taken. Since we are a recurring customer and we were happy with their service last time, we still pushed through with the reservation.

We checked in last friday, went up to our room, and saw that we were allocated with 2 double beds. Since the phone is not working, we went down to address our concern. After a few mins of no solution, we decided to have our lunch since it was already 2pm, and we were up since 430am. We told the person in the front desk we'll just eat and come back for the answer. He was easy to talk to and acknowledged our concern.

After lunch, we went back to the front desk but the person we were talking to was not there. So we had to explain ourselves again. But this time, the front desk staff told us she was trying to call and contact me the other day to let me know that there were no queen sized beds available but i wasnt answering. I told her that i was able to answer a call from Sur and the person i talked to only asked me if i will be pushing through with the reservation, nothing about the bed. If i was really being contacted regarding the bed situation and i wasnt answering, a simple ams would suffice. I would appreciate it very much to at least be informed beforehand.

Then the blaming game happened to the front desk staff. Frankly speaking, it is not our responsibility to inform each and every member of their staff about our situation. One representative should be enough.

After being in the limbo for so long, at last, they were able to find a room with a queen sized bed on the 4th flr. Since we were not in the position to choose floors at the moment, we accepted the offer. The front desk staff told us to just fix our things and someone would assist us to our new room. So we went back to our room, packed our things, went out of the room, but no one was there to show us where our new room is. We had to go down 3 floors again to ask, then go up to 4th floor carrying our suit cases since they sent a small-built girl over.

Upon entering the room, we immediately noticed that the room was smaller. I checked where the balcony is.. And there was no balcony. Again, we had no choice but to go 4 floors down (since the phone wasnt working in the new room either) and address our concern. The front desk staff told us there is nothing they could do as the resort is fully booked. At the time, it felt like we were in a lose-lose situation. Its either we get the room with 2 double beds with a balcony, or the room with queen sized bed but no balcony. We paid for a room with queen sized bed AND with a balcony. At that time, we just wasted most our afternoon to settle this matter instead of relaxing and enjoying the beach. The front desk staff then offered us a 15% discount, and we accepted. We moved our things from 4th floor to 3rd floor and finally settled down.

Upon check out, the front desk staff told us that internet was down so it took a while for them to retrieve our final bill. Upon receiving the bill, i immediately settled our balance as we were already late for our flight. But now as i double checked our bill, we only got 15% discount which was already extended to us PRIOR to the incident.

All the while, we thought the discount being offered to us at that moment was on top of our current discount to compensate for the your staff's miscommunication. IT WAS NOT SUPPOSSED TO BE A REITERATION OF OUR CURRENT DISCOUNT!

This is very, very disappointing. It left us with a heavy heart. We really felt deceived on both instances.

We arrived at SUR resort feeling deceived, and left the resort feeling deceived again! This was suppossed to be a happy and relaxing vacation for us but Sur's front desk staff just opened and closed our vacation with a very bad impression.

On top of that, I emailed this to them, and they never replied.
I will never risk staying in SUR again.

Room Tip: Don't book at this resort.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple