“You'll never go wrong with Sur” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sur Beach Resort
Ranked #28 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Davao City, Philippines
“You'll never go wrong with Sur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was our first time to go to Boracay so we didn't know where to stay. My friends and my aunt recommended Sur so I thought it must be good. True enough, they didn't disappoint. In fact, Sur exceeded our expectations. All their personnel were well-coordinated and courteous, it felt like we were being welcomed to our own home. Customer service was delightful, amenities were impressive, wifi was fast (I was able to work online and had a conference call), the food was sumptuous, and the beachfront was clean and less crowded compared to those at Stations 2 and 3. Plus, the room rates were more affordable than I expected.

Very good location --- pretty close to the beach where we had our helmet diving, and not far from D'Mall either where the happening places are.

Our pleasant accommodation at Sur made us want to go back there soon. It's like we have a home in Boracay.

Kudos to Sur's management and staff!

I am recommending Sur to anyone who plans to go to Boracay. You won't go wrong.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shelly R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I don't know why a contributor says so many bad things about this resort. Maybe he is not contented on everything. I have 2 Europeans with me and they say this is the best hotel we have been to. Good flush, nice hot shower and easy to get the water warm. The aircon is very cold and I have watched harry potter marathon in their cable channel so everything is ok. We have been to Boracay 10 times and stayed in many resorts and this is the most warm and friendly staff we encountered. Breakfast buffet is good and filling. Everyone is smiling at you sincerely and they are polite. They are never late in the pick up and manage to give all your requests. Mang Gerry, Girly, Ranny and Desiree are the best.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank noffi_stinkey
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

SUR provides a reasonable price with out of expected good quality service accommodation. The room is spacious and clean, the staff is friendly and very helpful. It's situated at boat station 1, so it's very quiet. My husband and I like SUR a lot, We've been to Boracay twice and every time we chose to stay there. SUR is a home away from home :) We will definitely choose to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mandyleeswart
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Located on the best part of the island, SUR is a very promising resort. Here are some points that I've looked upon during my recent stay. LOCATION: Part of the best beachfront in Boracay, along the white beach which has the finest sand in the island, near the other classy hotels, less crowded as compared to station 2. BEACH: has gentle sloping beach ideal for swimming, but during my last stay there are more/bigger waves than during the summer due to the current season, beach front is ideal for relaxation- people watching, reading books, massage, or just a sip of your favorite fruit shake or beer. ROOMS: spacious enough, i like the idea of having a sofa just before you enter your room.,air conditioning unit needs improvement it cannot maintain optimum tempaerature for the whole room especially during daytime, the beds are comfortable but the linens and comforters looks cheap, the room interiors looks cheap, the cabinets and tables are not what i expected. The refrigerator has nothing to offer and looks old and rusty. The TV has a bad signal which hasn't been corrected during our stay. BATHROOM: this is such a disspointement, it is too small, the water supply is adequate, the toilet is small and has some problems in its plumbing, the sink is small and moldy, the mirrors and woodwork looks cheap, it offers though the basic necessities like soap and shampoo. RESTAURANT/BAR: the bar is ok but it only has a few choices on its list, the cabanas ar cool, the restaurant is just typical of a hotel resto, the food is somewhat disappointing, except for their sisig that is really yummy! They have wi-fi access but it is only available at the common areas. STAFF: they are just ok, they need more training, be more courteous, they need to improve to be at par with the staff of the other hotels in their area. Overall, i still believe that this resort has the potential and will still be improving. I may be likely coming back but im hopeful that such improvements specially in the minor details will be done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Almlkns
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

my inquiry was done thru their "contact us" form at sur boracay's webpage, it was promptly answered. from then on, further inquiries, reservations & payment were arranged & made thru email exchanges with sur reservations staff ranny zubiaga. he was always prompt in replying back to my emails and handled all inquiries swiftly. we were welcomed with complimentary drinks upon our arrival. our superior beachfront room (A1) with balcony, which can accommodate up to 5 persons was very spacious considering the very expensive rate when buying beachfront properties that become resort hotels in the island of boracay, same goes with the size of the bathroom. our room had a queen sized bed & a single bed (there were 3 of us), luxurious amenities include very wide & clean bathroom, with a bath tub, hot & cold water, huge shower head & uninterrupted water supply. the room was furnished with a personal sized ref, a huge tv with cable, a powerful air conditioner & free wi-fi for internet access anywhere in the hotel. our daily rate included a free breakfast buffet from 7:00 to 10:00 am and the buffet spread was always a feast. they served delicious breakfast complete from bread, cereals, fruits, omelettes, coffee, tea, juices, to the main breakfast dishes. we stayed for 4 days and the breakfast dishes varied from day to day, no repetition of food, no leftovers. to top it all, the homey, peaceful ambiance from the entrance, to the lobby to the dining area, to the cabanas, was always kept clean. the staff never get tired of sweeping the sand brought in by the guests from the beach. the staff are very courteous, they never get tired of greeting hotel guests, this made our stay super comfortable with total relaxation. cleanliness is utmost important to us and because of our experience, i would say that sur is a world class five star resort hotel.

Room Tip: there are only 2 superior beachfront rooms, any of these two are highly recommended
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank JayDing
Tarlac, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is to air my disappoinment regarding the staffs who handled my reservations. I've been calling and emailing the hotel since wednesday, july 23, 2014 regarding my reservations for aug.11-15,2014. I've been asking them to advise me on how to pay my downpayment using my credit card, but to no avail.
Then this morning they sent an email that the room is no longer available.

Imagine how frustrating it can be to learn that the room i've been trying get is given to someone else. Its not even my fault coz due to the incompentency of the staffs my reservations didn't push through. Anyway its a lesson learned not to deal with this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank Maria Elisa E
서울, 대한민국
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stay 4 nights at C2 room from July 12 to July 16. Sur beach is small resort. but, very cozy resort for relaxation. Most advantage is very near beach from room. There is few people at the beach. There is no loud noise around resort. Always all staff smile at us and say hello to us. The room is old. but, no problem to us. Meal price is inexpensive. If we revisit boracay, we will stay at sur beach resort. Thanks to all staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple