“Popular Hotel due to Celebrity Endorsement But Nothing Much to Expect”

La Carmela de Boracay
Ranked #90 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,437 helpful votes
“Popular Hotel due to Celebrity Endorsement But Nothing Much to Expect”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I booked a room for three consecutive nights at La Carmela de Boracay as a birthday treat to my nephew on his birthday. Since it was a birthday treat and also our first trip to Boracay I thought of paying a decent price for a decent accommodation to make it more memorable. La Carmela de Boracay has been featured on TV by celebrity endorsers so I thought it was a good pick. The room as OK but the housekeeping is not. We only found one set of soap and shampoo inside the bathroom although they were fully aware that there are two guests. There was no face/hand towels provided. They gave us vouchers for breakfast and we were surprised to see how inadequate the food and drinks were. It was beyond my expectation that the hotel does not provide a decent breakfast for their guests compared to all other hotels where I stayed during my six-country Asian tour . I noticed that the restaurant staff were not motivated enough to refill the empty food trays. There was no more coffee and juice and these things are left unattended to. I have issues with the WiFi since it took them 3 hours to call someone to sort out the problem. I feel this hotel did not live up to our expectations.The hotel next door was offering rooms for half the price I paid for our room at la Carmela. Perhaps, other hotels can offer similar or even better facilities and services. Finally, I did not get a good value for my money, and will not return to this hotel again on my next visit to Boracay.

Room Tip: Please do not bother, just go elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank pinoytraveller2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel from November 3 to 7, 2013. We also booked round trip transfers to/from Kalibo.

We were accommodated in two adjacent rooms, each with two queen size beds, a balcony, television, and mini-bar/fridge. The sheets were nice and smelled clean. Water pressure was great and the water heater worked well -- stuff I particularly value in hotels.

The hotel is located at the beachfront, so getting to the beach where all the action is is not a problem. I wish it was nearer to D Mall, though.

Breakfast was good. I especially loved their tocino. The kimchi was also great. The pancakes, too.

Overall, the hotel offers very good value for your money. Expect to pay around 500 per head per night at this hotel on quad-share. Bring a lot of extra moolah to enjoy the dining spots, nightlife, shopping, and of course, watersports and other activities.

The staff was also accommodating and always ready to greet us on sight.

This is a very good budget hotel in Boracay.

Will definitely return on my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room that's away from high traffic areas (especially the restaurant and pool areas) to...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BriDex
ML A, Manager at La Carmela de Boracay, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for choosing La Carmela de Boracay for your recent vacation in Boracay Island. We really appreciate hearing about your beautiful experience during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again and God Bless!
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

- The transfer was good. There's
- The room was clean. But reception wasn't good.
- Buffet doesn't have much choice and menu was repeated the next day. Set breakfast is recommended.
- We waited for hours for make - up room that delayed our plans since they don't do make-up room if no one is inside the room

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iamrussel
Thank you for choosing La Carmela for your recent vacation in Boracay Island and for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback concerning to your request for - make up room that got quite delayed, we are trying our best to respond to all our daily guest requests on time. We have noted your concern and informed our Housekeeping Department about this matter. God Bless!
Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I've been wondering why some say the place is bad while some say the place is good. So when we went to Boracay, I saw the place for myself and no, I can't make a stand between good and bad. You see, la carmela de boracay is neither. This hotel is a mix of in between - the good and the bad - which means it's affordable and satisfying and nothing at all grand and luxurious. So if you have average expectations, then this place is certainly the place to go.
The hotel is always full of employees (in the lobby, the room hallways, the pool, the restaurants). In the good side, you always have someone to ask or inquire with. On the bad side, the place gets awfully crowded and really loud.
The room itself is small. I have no complaints here, since Hotels are for sleeping. I don't need a gold studded bathroom to take a leak.
The swimming pool water is clear and lifeguards are alert & present, so your kids are really safe.
The breakfast is also satisfying if you're not an extravagant eater.

So, long story short, you'll get what you paid for. It's cheap, but "pwede na". :)

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Criminy O
Thank you for choosing La Carmela de Boracay for your recent vacation and for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We look forward in seeing you again soon. God Bless!
manila
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Airport pickup was fine as I personally called them for the transfer service and date/time of arrival. Flew in from Caticlan and it was the smoothest experience I had going to Boracay. They fetched me at the airport and they had their OWN seaport for their OWN boat to the island. I was the only passenger on the boat while the other boats to the island was packed. I felt special.

Check-in was too busy. Room was quite big but hotel isn't really a beach-front. You have to walk a few minutes to get to the beach depending on your room location. We stayed at the annex building. NO FREE INTERNET in room and no signal for mobile phone. Internet is tooooo expensive. Don't bother. Free internet however at the hotel lobby. Breakfast was set. Staff were not attentive and had mixed up on breakfast choices.

Flew back to Manila via Kalibo and they picked us up at 11am. Please be on time and be considerate with other guests. 11am is 11am.

Room Tip: look for a room located in the main building nearer to the beach
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank khrise
Thank you for choosing La Carmela de Boracay for your recent vacation and for sharing your experience. Looking forward to meeting you again soon. God Bless!
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My cousins and I stayed in this hotel resort for 3d2n and thought it was good value for money. Overall we thought the place was average compared to other resorts. The pool was the first thing that caught my attention to this place, thinking that it was huge but disappointingly it wasn't. It was quite a major let down as I wanted to dive in to the pool and experience the resorts' facilities. The room we had was not exactly beachfront although we did request it to be. The room size was just right for 3 people and included a sky satellite for tv, airconditioning and a safe vault. The only downturn was there was no bath math provided..The aircon was lovely leaving the room cold for hours after switch off and there was surprisingly little noise made in the corridor although we were near the reception and the swimming pool area. There hotel is known to have access to free Wi-Fi but the only disadvantage was it was located within the restaurant and travelling there to use the free access was unnecessary. The hotel though offers Wi-Fi access with charge depending on the length of use. I must say that although some of the rooms looked a bit run down, every single room was maintained very cleaned and can be ordered to be cleaned whilst your away. The staff's were very attentive and friendly at all times and does look after their guests. I think this is what builds the place up the most. Overall, La carmela de Boracay is an enjoyable experience and though it only sums up a 3 star for me, I would return to this resort again. I wouldn't recommend this hotel much to business travellers though unless the hotel resort reduces its price on Wi-Fi room accessibility or alternating to a free usage within the hotel at all times :) In conclusion, I would recommend this hotel mostly for families, friends and solo, as its a friendly and reasonably priced hotel resort.

Room Tip: If you love to use Wi-Fi, I suggest you book a room close to the buffet dining area as this is where...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ML A, Manager at La Carmela de Boracay, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you for choosing La Carmela de Boracay for your recent vacation. We are delighted to hear from you that you enjoyed your stay with us.Looking forward to seeing you again on your next vacation. God Bless!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 October 2013

we stayed in La Carmela for 3 days. It was as average hotel. rooms were clean but had a major issue with the drainage in the bathroom. it was clogged the whole time we were there. reported it several times but no one came to assist us. if your just looking for a decent place to stay for a day or two, this hotel would be fine. but don't expect a excellent customer service from the reception as most of them were rude. (especially the ladies). Also, their towels are all worn out. they should consider replacing them.

Room Tip: Request for a room in the new building opposite the old one.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing La Carmela de Boracay for your recent vacation in Boracay Island. We appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon! God Bless!