“Excellent, well run and very friendly hotel. Anyone going to Borocay would have a lovely time in this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 357 Boracay

357 Boracay
Ranked #43 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Richmond upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Staff were excellent, rooms clean and spacious, great service and lovely food. We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived. My family and i would definitely stay here again. The location was also good being a little quieter and perfect for families.

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Macau, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Me and my wife (and 2 small kids, 10 and 8 years old) had a great experience at this hotel. Located in a quiter area of the white beach, it allowed us to have a relaxed environment. Whenever we wanted action, we would walk some 20 minutes along the beach and head to Station 2. But when we wanted to come came to relax time, back to the hotel.

As for the hotel, the located is "top"! Just come down the stairs and you're at beach. There are no tricky rooms at this place, meaning those at the very back...like we could see in some other places. The food is very good.

The staff is simply great. They always took care of all our concerns, even minor. One night, me and my wife got a goodbye night beer and were looking at the sea. The night guard came, made 2 chairs available, one table, placed it all right at the beach and said to us to sit there, while our kids were playing football. Simple things but great, at least for us.

This is not a fancy hotel. If you're looking for that type, go to Shangri-La or equivalent. This is a very familiar hotel, top clean with everything you need, for people looking for beach closest access, opportunity to relax outside the party area of station 2 and close relationship with very nice staff.

Tks 357, we'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

The hotel is nice. The help staff are very friendly and are quick to help. Very sweet waitress at the restaurant. The beds aren't great, but neither are most in Boracay unless you move up another level in budget. I really didn't sleep at all, but I don;t usually unless the beds are high quality. The joys of turning 40.
Upon checkout, I provided my credit card (6.5% charge on top of total amount I found out) so that I could have all done so I could enjoy my peaceful last beer in Boracay with friends and their machine didn't work. I was told it was up to me to run to the nearest bank machine (20 minutes each way) and get the cash despite being told credit card was no problem. I offered for them to take a copy of the card with signature, for me to pay online or any other solution, but no, the problem was mine apparently. This led to a very unpleasant and stressful ending which was only solved because my friend just happened to have the money onhand. Get your crap together.

Anyways, Boracay is nice and enjoyed it, but I probably will move on to better accommodation next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank batchelorboy
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

This is great little boutique hotel as close to the beach as you can get. Just step off the dining deck and you're on the beach path, ten feet later you're on the beach. There are lovely, tall palm trees... it is very nice indeed. However, I only rated this a 3 - and there are good reasons for that rating. However, I need to preface my comments by saying how much I enjoyed my stay here. It was a great, relaxing place to decompress after a couple of weeks working long days in Manila.

So, what's the problem, you ask?

I wanted an ocean view room and they offered the 357 Suite. The photo (of the bed) looked great. And the room did have an ocean view and the bed was as pictured, but it is not a suite. (I didn't require a suite, but when you're booked into what's called a suite, you expect, well, a suite. This was a bedroom, with a sliding glass door that opened onto a balcony (more on this later) and it had a private toilet and washroom with a shower. I've stayed in many suites, and you at a minimum expect more space. This was comfortable for me, but if my wife were traveling with me, we would have been really cramped.

The bathroom is also small. Normally a "suite" has a nicely upgraded bathroom, but this was a sink, a toilet and a "corner shower" you know, one of those small things you might find in an RV or trailer. There was no sense of design or decor in the bathroom. Please understand, I'm not slamming this resort -- I liked it a lot -- but when you book a place it is sometimes nice to see an honest assessment of what you're getting. You want the surprises on your vacation to be happy ones, not disappointing ones.

It's a common rule that you can judge a hotel by its towels; big, thick towels equate with creature comforts and attention to detail, small thin towels typically mean the finer points are slipping a bit. Yep, 357 Boracay had basic cheap towels. (Note: I had just come from the Crown Plaza hotel in Manila - not a world class 5 star establishment by any measure - but it had nice big thick towels. If they can do it for their hundreds of rooms then a boutique can do it for 10 rooms.)

The room (I can't bring myself to call it a suite) had a sliding glass door that opened onto a balcony that looked out at the palm trees on the beach, and beyond those you could see the water. Very nice, but it's weird to sit on your balcony enjoying the view and have other hotel guests walk out and enjoy the hotel balcony -- which is between you and the view! So, it's private in the sense that there's a fence around your space, but it really is just a corner of the common area.

It doesn't sound like it, but I really do like this place - but their website gave me a much more luxurious expectation than was realized upon checking in... and that is what I want to help balance a bit by my review.

Finally, the weirdest thing, was that you had to pay the full amount of the stay prior to arrival - in order for your reservation to be confirmed. This (for me) was a real pain. They did not accept PayPal, they would not use MoneyGram, my only choices were Western Union (which I could never get to work online) and a wire transfer into their bank. I tried to pay them for two weeks. Finally, since I was in Manila, I spent an hour in a taxi to go to their office in Makati and give them cash -- at which time they couldn't even provide change for the payment. Guys, this is the 21st century... you have to figure out how to accept credit cards. At least offer PayPal as an option.

Ok... enough of the problem areas. Now, for some compliments.

The room was really pretty. The bed was nice with its net covering (not a true mosquito net, but it looked nice).

Breakfast was good. (Note: only the continental breakfast was included in the room rate - a full breakfast was a more expensive option, which I did every day)

Location is amazing. Close to the boats that bring you from Caticlan, and right on the beach.

They have beach chairs and beach towels. Not all places do.

The cost was reasonable.

I loved the atmosphere, the vibe, here - it was very "beachy" - you knew you were on vacation every moment.

Debbie, the manager, was on top of everything - from the welcome cold drink and shell necklace, to booking any activity you desired. Except changing money, but there are many places that are on the beach that show their rates on a board so you can shop before you do your forex.

On the website for this hotel they are justifiably proud of their awards - but you'll notice there have been none for the past seven years. That's my basic feeling about this place - it was great, and now it is kind of coasting and if it doesn't pick up steam soon, it will join the group of mediocre establishments of which it is said, "this could be a really nice place if they would only..."

That being said, I'd go back again tomorrow!

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank joesindorf
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

We asked for transfer from airport and back. I recommend to do the same. Inspite other islands where you need to use only 1 type of vehicle here you need to use trycicle, then boat, then trycicle and you can not understand without help where to go and what to do. Everything was done by the hotel perfectly.

Check-in was accompanied by ice welcome drinks. When we reserved the room they had only a room with 2 beds. They warned about it prelimenary. When we came they surprised us that they had the chance to change the room to double bed.

WE made for the room 100% prepayment by bank transaction. Unfortunately they did not give me a notice that their bank takes extra fee (it was about 25$) and tried to take this money from us while check-in (without any apologise from their side). We refused several times to pay this extra fee. It was not included after in the bill.

THe location is very good. It is very calm place - about 15 minutes to the attraction place (station 2) with bars, disco etc. You need to visit House tree (on the right hand when you stay before the hotel). They do very good food and lounge alive music.

The hotel has his own private space on the beach with beach hotels, sun beds and umbrellas. Great.

The food is not convinient. But I think it is a problem everywhere in this country. When I said to waiter that "The food is impossible to eat" after I tried their Bolonesa, he did not even say smth or tried to change the meal. Just took it away. Ups.

The room is clean and equipped with all necessary stuff. They even clean your shoes. Surprise. You have hot water (not everywhere the hotels can give it). The only problem was that we heard almost everything on the street. Noise sometimes bothered very much.

"+"
- location
- clean rooms with hot water/TV/air-cond/balcony
- sun beds, beach towels

"-"
- hear noise from outside
- food is not convinient
- 100% prepayment (other hotels rewuire prepayment for the 1 day only).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalia B
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

We were met at the airport and escorted to a bus, then ferry, then van to our hotel. We arrived around 10am to one of the most beautiful views I think I have ever seen. Check in was very efficient by Debbie the Manager, she was brilliant. We were given delicious icy welcome drinks and then shown to our rooms.

My first impression when shown our room was how super clean it was. It smelt beautiful and there was not a speck of dust anywhere, very impressive compared to where we had just stayed.

We were 2 families staying at 357, myself, husband and daughter shared an executive room, a bit small but you don't spend that much time in the room anyway. The other family of 2 adults and 2 children shared the penthouse suite. We had 5 nights there, the other family had 7.

Shella is the Assistant Manager and a real gem, she is so efficient and organised and a real asset to the hotel. Both Debbie and Shella seem to always be around and nothing was ever too much trouble. We requested special meals and every request was happily met. The continental breakfast was included in our rate but for an extra 50php (A$1.15) we upgraded to the additional bacon & eggs. All prices are very reasonable compared to most of the other places we ate and we enjoyed all our meals and great cocktails watching the sunset.

357 is located at Station 3 which is about a 20min walk from all the action. There are plenty of good restaurants, bars, dive shops, massage spas etc nearby so you don't really need to leave the area and the beach is divine. No noisy jet skis like other areas. The white sand never gets hot and the water is beautiful although we did have some green algae when we were there, but it is clean and doesn't worry you. The hotel provides beach towels, sun beds and umbrellas on the beach and Patrick is more than happy to bring you a cold drink while you are enjoying the sun.

I thought the accommodation was a bit expensive having been in Thailand recently, but it was peak time and seems comparable to other places on the island.

We would definitely stay at 357 again and recommend it to anyone looking for a gorgeous relaxing beach holiday, especially for people with children as the location is perfect.

Room Tip: We were the first room downstairs so close to restaurant, beach and free WIFI, the penthouse is only...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in their Suite and couldn't have been happier with their service and location.
The hotel is set steps from the beach, on the quiet south end of White Beach, near Station 3 (Angol). Perfect for those who want a relaxing experience but can quickly take a 10 minute walk to the more busy parts of the island.
All levels of service from the staff were exemplary and the included breakfast was delicious. Though our room was appropriately decorated, I felt it was a bit too cramped with furniture for the space.
For value, I can't compare with other hotels along the beach but I can assure your room will be comfortable, clean and the staff will ensure your stay is as relaxing as you want it to be.
The free beach towels and available beach chairs are a major plus!
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to friends and family.

Room Tip: I can only vouch for their second floor suite, facing the water. it is ideal for two casual travele...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple