“Quality Resort in Boracay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay
Ranked #20 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We stayed in Microtel Boracay for 3D2N last month in a Standard Room located at the 2nd floor of the building. The place is located on the other side of the island but not too far from the white beach where the party and shoppings are located. Microtel staffs are courteous although we were stopped by the security on the day of our arrival because we pass through the beach front not knowing that there is another entrance in front which is partly hidden. Maybe they are not used to have local guest since their guest was mostly foreigners. There is no life at night, its just quiet, good place to relax spend the night with your partner while sitting infront of the beach. Good bed, clean surroundings. Basic breakfast like egg, roll, fried rice, sausages. Definitely coming back because of the service provided. Thanks Mr. Ali Makabenta.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank thedz

Reviewed 30 March 2011

Microtel was recommended by my partner's friend since he is a consultant for the hotel's services. I didn't encounter any problem at all in their hotel-transport service. They also have free shuttle going to "d' mall" where you can do most of your shopping.
As for location, it is a bit secluded from the more popular strip of the beach. And since I am a person who enjoys 'serenity' in my stay, i didn't mind the quiet of the night at all. If you are a trendy and "wanting to meet someone" kinda traveller, i suggest you stay in a different resort.
The view is picturesque! If you don't feel like swimming in the beach just yet, they have a pool beside the restaurant where you can lounge. When you're ready for the white sand, walk a few steps and already you can soak into the cool water.
You can visit the more busy strip of the beach by walking to your left- it's about a 10 minute walk to the white sand. Again, if you're the type who just wants the popular beach on your finger tips, try a different place. As for me, I didn't mind the walk. I enjoyed the sand and the view of the beach in our walk.
Microtel ,ofcourse, will not let you down when it comes to their rooms- carpet doesn't smell and in fact the room smells 'clean' if you know what I mean. The bathroom is also pristine! and the bed is sooo comfortable. I get to set my clothes in a closet that doesn't smell like old wood - so that's definitely a plus!
Although I didn't have problems with the service, i think they could have done better to make their guests feel welcome. It just doesn't feel... as 'homey' as the other places I've visited. Since the hotel is booked for the summer, you get a feel that 'they're too busy' to attend to your miniature needs.
Oh, i almost forgot, you MUST ORDER A MANGO SHAKE. Best I ever tasted is right here in this hotel! The food was fantastic too, a bit pricey but it's all worth it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ro_oan
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Hotel transfer and activities booked by the hotel were often at rates better than I could have found on my own reconnaissance! Now that is RARE from my travel experience... Staff were very friendly and responsive to our needs. Breakfast came with the room each morning. For the rate we were paying, I wouldn't have expected much more than continental breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised to find a cooked-to-order international rotation comprising of the best local ingredients. For a small nominal fee, the upgrade to ocean view was worth it. Enjoyed the complimentary wi-fi, shuttle service, coffee, purified water dispensers, etc. It felt like we were staying at an all-inclusive boutique resort. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank derekwolcoski
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Staff go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcome. They are all really amazing. It is literally on the beach, you just have to walk to the left of the hotel a little. View from the lobby is like something out of a brochure. Tastefully decorated, I enjoyed the restaurant food, especially the mango shakes and fish burritos. I wish I would have spent more time at the hotel and less at D'Mall/White Beach to be honest. Impressive for a 3 Star Hotel. Beds are amazing. Only complaint is hearing rooster crow and instant coffee instead of freshly brewed, but other food/drink items are tasty enough to make up for this. I would definitely stay again. And the shuttle will take you to D'mall/white beach, but sometimes you just want to relax and this is a great option for that.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank letunstall
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Hotel organized transfers from Caticlan Airport to ferry and hotel. Nobody showed up to transport me anywhere. I was left at airport for 30 minutes while alternative transport was arranged.
We finally arrived at Hotel to find our room was not even ready and were asked to wait in fan-conditioned foyer.
Room consisted of 2 beds and a TV. End of story. No kettle and certainly nothing with which to make a cup of coffee or tea.
We had to go downstairs to communal area for a cup of coffee from a espresso machine.
Wi-fi was available but would not work in bedrooms and we again had to go to communal area downstairs to get internet to work.
Little to no reception on mobile phones except, you guessed it, in communal area or on beach.
When I picked up room phone to tell them internet was not working I discovered the phone was not working either. I went down stairs and they said nothing could be done about it "today".
I had to use their phone to arrange alternative accommodation as my mobile phone could not get reception and my room phone was out of order.
We stayed 1 night and forfeited the next 2 nights in order to go to more suitable accommodation.
I suppose the most disappointing part of this whole experience was that at no time did a Manager or Supervisor come to speak with us about every disappointment we had experienced since arriving at the airport and not being met by a representative from Hotel. This was our first time to Boracay, so we were in a foreign country not knowing where to go or what to do.
We were to go to a wedding at the Shangri-La Boracay and this establishment was the closest to where we were going. Room was clean, bathroom was clean, shower did not drain and toilet did not flush properly.
This was our first stop on a holiday that was taking us to Manila, Hong Kong and Thailand. If we had not transfered to The Regency for the remaining 2 nights this experience could have ruined our entire holiday.
Budget accommodation or good accommodation for those with a family not expecting too much from the 3 stars advertised.
The beds were comfortable, ro

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank maccasrulz
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Located far away from the noisy White Beach, yet close enough to walk during the day. The hotel offers free shuttle van thru the day/night to D-Mall(central White Beach location). Large and comfy rooms. Nice restaurant serving reasonably priced food. Breakfast included in the room price. There is a large meeting room which was a problem for us as during our stay they accommodated 60 noisy guys who were up at 6am and partying at night. Fortunately once gone the hotel was quiet. There is a nice pool and beach view. However there is no real beach and you cannot enter water directly from the premises. A very friendly and professional dive center next door FISH EYE. There is free water/coffee and tea available. Free interment in the room (did not work in ours though) and a wide selection of TV channels (including HBO)
We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Archimedesrules
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Microtel Bora is the best place for families with young children. At the end of Diniwid Beach, it's far enough from the crazy White Beach people and still close enough to walk. Small boutique feel, very clean rooms, excellent service. Plus - all espresso, all the time. Free Wifi, clean pool. Minus - shower didn't drain very well, toilet didn't flush very well --- but probably an issue on the entire island. Also rolling brown outs, but wasn't sure if that was the hotel or the island.

All in all, a great place to call home while on vacation. We felt safe, secure and well taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family