i stayed in Microtel in June 2013 for 5 nights. this is a very peaceful small hotel if you want to stay a little away from the crowd.the hotel management is friendly, i had booked the suite in front of the pool. the food is also good but i think they do not have a lot of variety. their breakfast actually is very good. it is not a buffet style but you have to see the menue and order one of the mentioned combo such as American breakfast, etc.
. the hotel is in front of the beach but it is important to mention that the beach is not the best in front of the hotel and you can consider that the hotel is towards the one end of the beach. In the day time you can walk to the main beach - area where there are bars, restaurants and a shopping center - while walking alongside the beach. But it can be a long walk for some probably 20-30 minutes till you get to the main shopping center which is considered the center of the beach. please keep in mind that in the night, i guess after sunset, you can not walk from the hotel to the min area / nightlife along side since it is either closed in the night or become deserted as there is are big rocks in between the beaches.
the hotel has a free scheduled shuttle to and from the hotel to the main area and it runs till 11 pm. IAfter 11 pm you have to get a ride to get back home. i Would not advise walking back to the hotel as even from the road it becomes deserted later in the night.
Overall i enjoyed my stay there it was relaxing and hotel management was attentive. I wanted to stay a little away from the hassle and bustle so it suited my needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Microtel Boracay is a beachfront Mediterranean-inspired resort. It sports a tropical island look and brings to its doorstep the white sand beaches, water sport activities, tropical beach night life and other island adventures. Microtel Boracay lends unmatched comfort to Boracay beach holidays, complementing the tropical vibe that Boracay Island is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Inn And Suites Boracay
- Microtel Hotel Boracay
- Microtel Boracay
- Boracay Microtel