Microtel by Wyndham Boracay
US$72
bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
Seabird International Resort(Boracay)(Great Value!)
US$86
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdiniwid beachmama's fish housefree shuttleshuttle serviced mallice machinefree flowing coffeewhite beachfrozen iced teabeach frontevery hoursecurity guysmain beachcold towelshotel securitylounge aread' mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I was still caught in awe from my friends great adventures of bora and all the bora hype. Until I got my slots for a leave from stress of work with my hard earned monies and flew to my first ever trip to my dream Bora vacation. We flew miles away to relax and have fun. Swimming was definitely on top of our “to-do-list” and we certainly came to the right place. But what all yippies would want to see is …the white, yellow, brown and all other skin types frolicking on the beach. Hehehe.

With all the perfect view of pristine blue waters, the finest sand and the best sights of bodies on the sand, going back to where Im billeted I have the choice of a better view without disruption. The plain beauty of Bora captured right in the doorsteps of Microtel Inn & Suites, the last hurrah of my vacation all in my keeps, the solitude of a really good rest from the days offering.

Apart from which, the rooms, linens and towels are definitely clean, organized and odor free. The food and drinks are timely served, which eased away our cravings and satisfied our taste buds. Not only this, we continue chit chatting while indulging a variety of overflowing coffee, café latte, cappuccino or tea, which are free! These simple treats surely added joy to our vacation. As the saying goes, the best things in life are free.

Lastly, we were able to experience the service of their professional and courteous staff. Receptionists, multi-cab drivers, security personnel are friendly and accommodating.

Till my next bora….!

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank joekuan
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I must say that our three-day, 2-night stay at Microtel Boracay was a well-deserved vacation for myself and for the rest of my siblings and cousins as well.

It was an exciting moment since we have longed to go to the ever-famous beach here in the Philippines for the longest time already.. Finally, the long wait was over! I was thrilled because despite my busy schedule at work, here I was getting the chance to take a short break away from Makati, away from the bosses, away from stress. It's also a memorable time for me and Tian, my boyfriend, since this was our first time to travel together onboard a plane. April, my younger sister just came from Bora a couple of weeks ago (since she was there to work for a few days) but was still very anxious to go back. I bet she was more excited because this time, it wasn't at all work-related. Our youngest sister, Love, was overly excited - not for anything else but to hit the beach! My cousins, Marvin and Claire could hardly explain their joy. What a nice place and time also for my eldest sister, Grace and her husband, Edwin, to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

Unfortunately, our flight was delayed for an hour and air turbulence was really bad.

But by the time we set foot to the white sand of Bora and its pristine waters, our exhaustion was all wiped out.. Especially when we arrived at Microtel. Although we traveled for like 20 mins from the port to the hotel, it was all worth it when the receptionist and those on duty greeted us, gave each one of us a necklace, a warm towel, and a welcome drink. They were all very friendly and accommodating. They would all give us a smile and would ask if there was anything else we needed.

Microtel's entrance was not that extravagantly designed compared to the other resorts. It was also where they parked their multi cabs. There were small sari-sari stores just beside them. But walking through the lobby, and then passing the poolside and the bar, we could already see the beach.

After taking a few photographs, we went inside our rooms and rested for a while before we walked along the shore and went to gimmicks. It was clean and cozy and the bathroom was clean. (though it didnt have a bathtub). Our favorite spot was near the big glass window with a nice curtain - a place where we did our photo-shoot on our 2nd night. We all dressed in white as we have planned a few days back.

The weather was bad during our stay. There was a typhoon. The wind blew very hard and the rain was pouring outside. We had no other choice but wait for it to stop before we could go for a swim, or go to D'Mall or D'Talipapa to do our shopping and our munching. At night, when the weather permitted, we went bar hopping - Guilly's Island, Zuzuni Bar, etc.

After a tiring night, the multi cab would fetch us and bring us back to our hotel. We would spend a few minutes chatting with each other at the sofa, sip coffee (which is free) while the rain was pouring. For me who is in love with coffee, it was heaven.

There was also wi-fi access in the hotel so even though we were stuck there due to bad weather, we were still able to contact friends and relatives online because we brought our laptop. We checked the weather report and prayed that the typhoon would soon leave us..

The typhoon stayed, though. Too bad. But it was okay since we had a very cozy and peaceful place to stay courtesy of Microtel.

I would really recommend this place to my friends planning to go to Boracay.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank nikonian8
Reviewed 29 August 2008

The Hotel is pretty good and in line with its price.
Rooms are nice & clean , the only dissapointment came from the beach , there isn't any beach !!!
It seems that the beach has been eroded by a maxiwave or something and is just simply dissapeared !!!
So if you are looking for a beach in front of your Hotel , forget this place!!
It is also a bit far from the town centre.
However Boracay is a small Island and nothing is really far away!!!
I would say I am satisfied and I think Microtel is good value for money.
The best resort in Boracay seems to be Fridays but you need to pay for it.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Filumel
Reviewed 9 June 2008

We just returned from an eleven day stay in the Philippines. We spent four days in Boracay. The hotel is amazing and we have never experienced such incredible service before. All my friends and I are commenting on how we already want to go back to Boracay and retire there. Boracay itself was full of life and a wonderful environment as long as you stay away from the main road. The weather was great. Worked like clock work - cloudy in the morning but by lunch time, the sun would be out.

Microtel in Diniwid Beach was private and relaxing. Misleading as soon as you pull up to it since it's in a remote part of the island. But as soon as you walk into the small front desk area, it opens up to a wonderful lobby that opens up to the beach. We were greeted with shell necklaces and refreshing sweet ice tea that was much deserved after the one hour plane ride from Manila, and the two hour van ride from Kalibo, the fifteen minute boat ride from Caticlan jetty port, and the ten minute bus ride from the Boracay jetty port. While checking in you receive free breakfast coupons for each member of the room for each morning you are staying there. The breakfast at the hotel cafe is amazing. You get a choice of a Filipino breakfast, American breakfast, Continental breakfast, and a Boracay breakfast. The hotel can help you with daily activities such as booking an island tour or rentals on banana boats and jet skis.

The pool is great especially at night time. The resort is well lit at night with security 24/7 if that will help you sleep better at night, but trust me, it is very safe there. The staff of the whole hotel, from the security guards to the bar staff, is super friendly and courteous. While having happy hour at the hotel bar is fun, don't forget to go to the bars in D'Mall which the hotel provides free shuttle service to and fro, but the walk back is pleasant too.

While my wife and seven more of our friends stayed at the Microtel, there were several families with their little kids enjoying the resort as well. The beach at Diniwid is not as flat and calm as the famous White Beach, but it is only a few minutes walk away. While on the beach though, there are massage ladies in waiting just to serve you. Though they charge in Filipino pesos, it translates to $8 for an one hour massage which my friends say was amazing. In the U.S., a massage like that would be around $80.

If you get tired of the restaurant in the hotel, you should just walk up the huge flight of stairs to the restaurant called Nami, you'll get a work out out of your quads, but the restaurant and the view are very much worth it, plus, at least you'll be hungry by the time you get up there.

Microtel with taxes and fees turns out to be $95/night for dual occupancy. Each additional person is an added $23.40/night. There are two queen beds in each standard room.

Overall, I would say this is probably the best hotel service I have ever received. Perhaps not the best if you're just interested in partying at D'Mall and enjoying the White Beach, but if you basically want your own private resort in Boracay, this would be it.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank tabets13
Reviewed 16 April 2008

I stayed at Discovery Shores before coming to Microtel. I know I should have done Microtel first before Discovery Shores but they did not have rooms. So.... of course, it's always a letdown when you have to downgrade. Hahaha..

Microtel has a non-existence entrance from the "road", you can barely see it among the construction next door and village huts. I booked a suite but the room they gave me was horrible. I think it was room 127. It has a terrace with broken stones, absolutely no view and a terrible musky smell. It was really bad. I went to complained and got us another room, not a suite but at least it smells clean and faces the sea. They did not give me a refund for the difference in rates, claiming the second room was a "premium double". I did not bother to argue.

The "beach" in front of the Microtel is nonexistent. It has a row of sandbags to keep the waters at bay, even at low tide, the water is right up to the sandbags. As a result, no beach whatsoever. And dirty scum and debris sometimes float there. Further to the left, about 2mins walk is diniwid beach, much rougher than white beach. Frankly, after white beach, with it's silky sand, shallow and pristine waters, I cant be bothered with Diniwid Beach.

The swimming pool is tiny and really quite uninteresting. The restuarant serves mediocre food. When I ordered coffee, I got a cup of hot water with a satchet each of Nescafe instant coffee, creamer and sugar ($1.50). And true to it's motel chain roots, they dont provide any toiletries beyond soap. You get your own ice at the front desk and you pay for everything, from water to internet access etc. The much-advertised bed is decent, cant complain but nothing to rave abiut either.

The Microtel is really a motel masquerading as a resort. I paid about $130 for my "suite". I cant say it's a bad price for Boracay but I rather pay more and stay at White Beach, because that's what I am there for - gorgeous beach, not a sandbagged one.

Oh, the 3 nights we were there, we experience blackouts over 2 nights. The power just went out, leaving us in the dark in our rooms. Happened about 2-3 times a night. The staff got the power back on within 10-15mins, but still, not something that should happen so regularly.

Microtel is about 10min shuttle to d'mall, which means you are dependent on the shuttle to get anywhere. It's a little too far to walk to Station 2.

The only bright spark for Microtel is it's staff. It's a friendly and helpful team they have got there. They are not the best-trained but they do try their best to help.

If I head to Boracay again, I am definitely staying on White Beach, it's just a lot nicer and more convenient. I would give Microtel a miss. A resort is a lot more than being on a beach, having a restaurant, a pool and beach chairs.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple