“Excellent value, location and service”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay
Ranked #19 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Fullerton, California
“Excellent value, location and service”
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Microtel Bora is the best place for families with young children. At the end of Diniwid Beach, it's far enough from the crazy White Beach people and still close enough to walk. Small boutique feel, very clean rooms, excellent service. Plus - all espresso, all the time. Free Wifi, clean pool. Minus - shower didn't drain very well, toilet didn't flush very well --- but probably an issue on the entire island. Also rolling brown outs, but wasn't sure if that was the hotel or the island.

All in all, a great place to call home while on vacation. We felt safe, secure and well taken care of.

1 Thank gotfunit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 February 2011

The hotel is located by Diniwid beach, which is north of white beach and way more quiet. no loud restaurants, bars and clubs in your face. you can get that in white beach and then walk for 10 minutes and reach Diniwid beach.
the hotel offers great value for money. staff very friendly and generally service-oriented. Breakfasts are the only minus in my view. Not enough fresh fruits, not enough variety, and no real coffee (only instant coffee).
I'd definitely go back though. Plus there's a great diving club on the beach, 20 metres from the hotel. Great instructor, competent and very service oriented. Not the most amazing dive sites ever but it's great for learning (advanced water and open advanced water).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luc74
Manila
Reviewed 25 January 2011

This was a 3D/2N stay at Microtel Boracay. Our group is a mix of adults, 3 senior citizens (my parents and grandmother) plus my toddler and my 6-year old niece. I had a bit of trouble looking for a hotel that would fit the need of everyone in the group. I found Microtel to be a compromise of everything -- it has a beachfront, with lounge chairs on the beach, with a pool for the kids, has a regular free shuttle to take the night owls to the bars and to white beach, and is in a cove that gives a lot of privacy and security. I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I was very much surprised that it met all my expectations. The rooms were not brand new of course, and would need updating (i.e. LCD TV please) but everything was clean and well-kept.

Good points of staying here:
- Welcome shell necklace (cute)
- Welcome drink
- Cool eucalyptus wet towel to freshen up upon arrival
- Playground for kids
- Pool good for adults and kids
- Lounge chairs by the pool and beach are very comfy and relaxing
- Beach is small but good enough, it offers a lot of privacy and the water is very clean, my brother even saw some fishes nearby
- Free Nescafe coffee mix drinks 24/7 at the lobby!!! - we loved this a lot!
- Free newspaper
- Free drinking water on every floor
- Free regular shuttle, saves you the trouble of taking the tricycle to D'Mall even if you're booked in a hotel along white beach

Needs improvement:
- Breakfast is a set meal with not much choice. My brothers are big eaters and were quite disappointed with the serving size.
- TV in the room needs an upgrade... almost all hotels now are changing their sets to LCD TVs

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Purpletoe
Camas, Washington
Reviewed 13 January 2011

we returned to microtel for our x'mas vacation, staying a total of 10 nights this time. although we already knew what to expect, we were still very happy to be greeted with the shell necklace, welcome drink, and refreshing towel. even more thrilled to be checked into our room at 9am! most of the staff remembered us from last year, so did many of the waitresses at the restaurant.

overall, we really enjoyed our stay at microtel just like the first time. staff was wonderful, very warm, polite, and answered to all our needs very quickly. room was nice with the same comfortable beds, and great beach view. we got a new tv in our room, though it took a while to get the cable to work, it offered a great selection of channels, better than any hotel we've stayed at ever. we used the hotel shuttle bus almost every day. it was always timely and convenient. it was such a pleasure to chat with Ali again. they also added a little playground and some floaties in the pool, the kids loved that.

couple things we did notice:
- the room seemed a bit dated after just a year. the balcony door was hard to slide, the a/c was dripping water, but maintenance guys came as soon as we called.
- the restaurant, mama's fish house, was a bit disorganized on a few days, possibly because the manager was not there during our stay? the service was definitely not as great as the year before, and food a hair less impressive compared to a year ago. but the restaurant is not under hotel's management, as far as i know. so i don't want it to affect my evaluation of the hotel itself.

microtel proves again to be an excellent value on boracay. it will be my top choice for our next visit.

2 Thank mimijj
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 7 January 2011

As a Filipino, it is my dream to travel within the Philippines before travelling in another country. After going to Ilo-Ilo and Cebu, me and my husband decided to go to Boracay for 10 days. There are lots of hotels to choose from in Boracay but we decided to stay at Microtel. We have lots of reasons why we want Microtel and one of the reasons is because Microtel Mactan took care of us when we stayed there for 5 days last 2009.

So we emailed Microtel and we had our reservation for 8 months in advance. Everything that I need to know in details was answered by Microtel and they were so nice to give us an airport transfer for free.

December 24, 2010 came and we arrived at Caticlan airport at about 17:30. Our Zestair flight was delayed for 3 hours and we were so frustrated because we had a problem with Zestair's van transfer from Kalibo to Caticlan. We were so tired because we're up since 3am (we're not excited) and it's gonna be Christmas soon and we're not yet in Boracay. Someone from Microtel picked us up and made our travel easier and safer. The winds are strong and it was raining that time. We were so cold and so scared of the big waves that we faced just to reach Cagban Port. The moment we reached Microtel, everything changed. Their staff gave us a cold towel, cute necklaces, complimentary frozen iced tea (you guys must try this) and a basket of fruit (with a personal note). We appreciate it so much and that actually made our day. Our tired faces began to smile and we started to be excited about our 9 more days in Microtel.

Since we were so hungry, we immediately went down to Mama's Fish House to eat. Hubby ordered Seafood Pasta and Beef Steak for me. It was just frustrating 'cause nobody attended to us at first. Maybe they were thinking that we were just there to sit and we won't order (but still frustrating). After 10 minutes, my husband went to the waitress and asked for their menu. I just noticed that they were so different from the hotel's staff but it's a good thing that their staff is way too nice that they covered up the Mama's Fish House's waitresses' mistake.

After eating, we had a conversation with their Manager, Ali Makabenta. She was so nice to accommodate us and made us feel so welcome. It was Christmas Eve and I'm kinda sad that we're far from my family and I'm so glad that Ali made us feel that we have a family in Microtel. Because of her, we enjoyed Christmas Eve as well. My son (and Irish) enjoyed playing with the other kids at the Children's corner where there are books, crayons, toys, and the like. While me and hubby are enjoying the free coffee and free internet(there's wifi in the room, at the lobby, and even at Mama's Fish House), they're also having the same enjoyment as ours.

Breakfast at Microtel was fabulous. It was a buffet. We love their sinangag, orange juice (my son's favorite), tocino, bangus, and their omelet! Other waitresses from Mama's Fish House were nice and others were a snob. We just ignored them since the food was so great. We love the fact that we're eating near the beach and we can hear the sound of the waves.

One of my son's favorite area is the playground area. There was even a time that the slide was wet and full of sand and my son actually cleaned the slide using our wet wipes. Hahaha! Other kids like that area too. We were so glad that the hotel is also concerned about the kids' enjoyment.

The best thing about Microtel is their beds. Yes! Their Chiropractic-approved mattresses! Who wouldn't want to sleep in a perfect bed like that? Microtel is at Diniwid and it's a perfect place for young couples, families, and the like. When you are in Diniwid, you are suddenly surrounded by a refreshing absence of noise and pop music — perfect for picnicking or just lazing around. Mama's Fish House is offering the best mango shake ever and Nami Resort is offering the best ambiance and food in Diniwid. Climb to the top of the high hill at the northernmost end of the beach for a marvelous view of Boracay's crystalline blue waters.

If you're worried in how to go to the main beach, don't worry at all. There are 2 ways : Microtel is offering a van that will bring you to D' Mall and there is a foot path wherein you could reach the main beach in a matter of 15 minutes. You just have to choose between the 2.

Microtel is also known for their cleanliness and good customer service. We can attest to that. We never saw Microtel dirty and we never experienced a snob from their staff (except Mama's Fish House's waitresses). Everybody will greet you with a smile (even their managers).

They also have a swimming pool where kids usually have fun. Nic enjoyed their pool as well. They have free floaters available for kids and there are umbrellas there as well. The pool is near Mama's Fish House so if somebody wants to eat or drink, their restaurant is just a few steps away from the pool. They're also offering a beach massage (Php 350) and a room massage (Php 400). We tried it with a young woman and didn't like it that much. But we tried it with an older woman and enjoyed it more. You guys should try this!

We also tried to check on other hotels and eat in other restaurants and these are what we found out. Red Coconut (poor customer service and very dirty. yuck! but their food is delicious), Shangri-la (worst customer service. food was great but very very expensive), Hama (I hate their food! Never eat here!), Cindy's (disgusting!), and Jonah's milk shake (I don't like it even though it's very popular in Boracay. I still prefer Mondo). Aside from Microtel, we also liked Discovery Shores, Boracay Regency, Nami Hotel, Willy's, Crazy Crepes, and Gelato.

We really enjoyed our 10 days at Boracay and Microtel is a big part of it. Not all the people from Boracay are nice. There are some who will just trick you and there are some who are really nice. We're so glad that we stayed at Microtel. Microtel is one of our favorite hotels because they always meet our expectations. Thank you so much to Ali who made our stay very special, to Dean, Bryan, Krizza, the security personnel, the kuyas who have been with us during our airport transfer, the receptionists, and the supervisors. Thank you so much for making us feel at home! Until we meet again! See you soon!

To those who want to have a reservation at Microtel, please feel free to visit : http://www.microtel-boracay.com/rooms.php. Microtel Boracay offers quality accommodations and hotel facilities at reasonable prices that vacationers can truly enjoy in Boracay Island. You'll never regret it. We didn't. They even made us want to come back running for more.

4 Thank AlwaysMissUnderstood
Imus Cavite Philippines
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I have been reading all the hotel reviews prior to my stay in this hotel and I must say that they have improved on almost all of the negative feedback from A/C trouble to delayed shuttle sched to name a few... But the Staff hospitality is truly a unanimous decision... especially the receptionists.. very accommodating and patient. Thank you for a memorable stay Microtel... truly, you make our country proud!

1 Thank smallville801
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Guys, this was such a great holiday - In our party we were 9 people - 5 adults and 4 very young children (2,3,5,7). The rooms was great, the staff was so friendly and the beach was loveley!!! Thanks Microtel for making our holiday unforgettable!! The security outside at the swimmingpool and at the beach was so good that I left my camera on my chair while going for a swim. The hotel staff was so patient with my children that I could totally relax and enjoy my holiday - A special thanks to IZA!! My children loved her!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family