Discovery Shores Boracay
US$94
bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
Seabird International Resort(Boracay)(Great Value!)
US$86
TravelBook.ph
  • Beachfront
The Boracay Crown Beach Hotel(Boracay)(Great Value!)
US$48
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,497 results
All reviewspandan waterindigo restaurantfoot washevian waterfoot massagejunior suitecaticlan airportturn down servicecold towelsbreakfast buffetlittle thingsboat ridewhite beachfree shuttle serviceprivate boatbeach barjetty port
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I try 2 hotels and if i compared to Ambassador resort the Dscorvery Shores is really poor on quality!The food is just ok and the staffs are not well trained as when i want take a drink with friends on the front beach bar the staff told me that i am not allowed to take a drink with friends who don't stay at the resort!!!!!!!!!!!The room are clean but the service that i expected was not there i don't feel well after that happen!The location is good not far from D Mall!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dianne G
Reviewed 12 September 2011

before this happen i stayed at discovery with a friends of mine we booked two rooms and the service was good all staff can even kisss your feet..sooo after how many years i decided to had a beach wedding but i was talking a woman their sales representative from manila.
soo when my inlaws from europe decided to see and check the places that possible my first option is discovery shores sooo we arrived in boracay on the next day we decided to take a drink on discovery to show the place to my inlaws but its too painful and i felt soo shamed infront of my inlaws what the staff of discovery show us....
i talk their guards on the frontbeach where the small bars i ask if they can give as a table or even a small table where the sunbeds are but the staff refused becouse he said were fully booked and soooo i even told him we here to see the place for wedding and infact my inlaws are really thirsty soo we want order something but im sooo embarrased this resort how you can be a five star hotel with this awful service of your staff.your staff only good if they know your staying at this resort this is really bad!!you dont know that we are also your clients..dont treat your clients like this!!!!
last year i had my wedding in ambassador hotel i never regret that i dont do it in discovery shores!!my wedding is perfect the food was sooo good the chieft furton was really great...i recommend to all the brides chose ambassador hotel the manager is soo nice and they can help you

Room Tip: i dont feel to recommend this resort
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank md g
Reviewed 7 September 2011

the only place to stay on boracay if you want to relax, but also get out and enjoy the party scene on boracay. sure the pool is nothing amazing, but you have one of the worlds best beaches right at your door! this was my second visit and not 1 fault. looking forward to my next visit here.,,,, and its also great for incentive groups as their team are the best at arranging a beach function!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ritchie G
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Is there's one thing that sets discovery apart from the others, it is their service.
Complimentary feet wash, cookies, supper, ice cold pandan by the beach, halo halo by the pool, the list goes on.
Sure the rooms are expensive but that reflects demand. They are always fully booked.
Once you are in there, you dont feel like they are trying to gouge you. If you decline ordering drinks, they will get you ice cold water or pandan juice. There is no pressure to order something just to have the privilege to sit in their beach chairs unlike some other places.
The GM, Jun, is also extremely approachable and that attitude flows all the way down into the lowest member of the team. No customer request is too much for this team.
Only smal blip is the breakfast. Whilst the range is fantastic, they occasionally run out of certain items, and don't replenish them quickly enough.
Otherwise, an outstanding place. Once you've been there, you won't go to other places as you would already have your expectations set for you.
Definitely the place in bora.
Btw I'm a foreigner and love boutique resorts and would rank this place in the top 5pm asia.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank babywine
Reviewed 25 August 2011

From the moment we arrived to the day we set foot back on the plane bound for Manila, staff of Discovery Shores Boracay made sure everything was in order. Every staff member is courteous and well-trained. We were met at the Caticlan airport, given cool Discovery bands for our wrists, quickly escorted in a van to a private port where we took Discovery's private air-conditioned fast craft to Boracay Port. From Boracay port, another Discovery van was already waiting to take us to the resort proper.

Check is was fast. Guest Relations Supervisor, JG, made sure of that. We were escorted to our beautiful room. We were given our complimentary foot washes. Different treats (cookies, pili nuts, and dried fruit) in different jars were filled daily. A complimentary carry all bag was given to us along with a hypo-allergenic sunblock and body mist.

Room was well-appointed. Spacious. Clean. Amenities- complete (safe, mini bar, iron/ironing board, hairdryer...). Security - not a problem. Discovery's security detail and life guards were always visible. Not usually provided by resorts in Boracay, I've noticed Discovery Life guards scanning the beach line with binoculars to check on guests in for a swim. The pool, average in size for a Boracay resort, was nice. Complete with a sunken pool bar and a hot jacuzzi perfect for relaxing those muscles after all the activities on the beach. Play area for kids - small but had ample toys. Multi-media center - needs updating -that's why no one seems to care for it. (suggestion: should have a projector screen, home theater system, game consoles and recliner chairs! :-) ) A pool table is available for guest to use.

What sets Discovery Shores apart from the rest aside from their personalized service as you can read in the other posts is its location. Situated at the far end of Station 1, you will be able to sleep quietly like a baby at night. If you are a party animal, not to worry, quick arrangements can be made for Discovery to shuttle you to any point in Boracay. Our driver, Neil, was even kind enough to give us the cellphone number of his supervisor in case we needed some one to pick us up again. If I'm not mistaken, Discovery shores will also shuttle to Shangri-la for a minimal fee.

If there was one thing that needed improvement, it would be the food. For an SLH member, one would expect more oomph from the buffet spread. We tried the Indian Dinner Buffet that didn't have much on it. I woke up with a bad stomach the next day. The only selling point for me was the roast beef which I didn't think was Indian at all. I couldn't make out what was in the Indian desserts because they were all too sweet. On our second day for the breakfast buffet, I took a piece of beef pastrami that didn't smell right anymore and instead of having a pinkish center , it had a pinkish brown color.

Check out was a breeze. All the way up to the airport AND in the Caticlan airport, we were attended to by Discovery staff who also assisted us also during our flight check in. Discovery Shores has a separate lounge upstairs that had comfortable arm chairs, reading materials and a flat screen TV. (Just perfect especially since our flight got delayed.)

Overall, our stay was completely unforgettable. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple