“Beautiful!”

Ranked #5 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
New York City, New York
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Discovery Shores surpassed my expectations. I stayed here with my parents and siblings (who are all adults now) but it seems to be a great family hotel. They provide car services to pick you up and take you in Station 1 limits. Also the location is great, Station 1 is a good spot for adults and children a like. The customer service was astounding and there was always helpful staff around. This is a great hotel for people of all ages, I definitely recommend it with their list of accommodations for all ages. We were able to set up spa, restaurant, and boating reservations easily through the hotel. Very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We have stayed numerous times at the Discovery Shores and my siblings also frequent Discovery Shores. The location you can't beat, the cleanliness always spotless, service is impressive and the people just amazing. The butlers at the beach (Jigs and Randy I believe) have been at our side during our visits and their service is always excellent. Even though they serve a lot of people, they still find ways to treat each individual guests special. We have no complaints about Discovery Shores...the only "downside" if you might want to call it is Boracay. What I mean is, there is just too many people nowadays and I have seen Boracay from the early nineties till now and have seen the change. I guess progress does have a price but hope Boracay holds on to its charm and beauty.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank YES_abroad
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Early October visit. This is everything you'd expect from a 5 star resort. I travelled with my 13month old son and the hospitality is amazing. The reason why I also giving 5 stars is because I believe the beach has been spoilt by sellers. This hotel and I believe the Shangri are the only ones with a somewhat private beach. This place is not cheap but if you can afford this place or are ready to stretch the budget, then go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Here's a list of things that are a make or break for me:-
Uncomfortable bed: The bed was better than my $3000 bed that I have at home.
Updated bathroom: I love a modern bathroom. The whole place is pretty new so def not shabby.
Staff: They treated us like royalty.

If someone has given this place a bad review then I suspect it's for some small reason or an anomaly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anila G
Discovery_Leisure_Co, Manager at Discovery Shores Boracay, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Anila G,

Many thanks for your wonderful review. We are happy that we made a good impression. We hope that this will make you want to come back to Boracay, and our wonderful property.

Yours sincerely,

Rosanna
Singapore
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I definitely agree to all the reviews here after experience it ourselves for 4D3N. Note that there are no 100% perfect resorts but DS definitely did not disappoint us.

Here goes; I booked for Family Package consist of complimentary lunch, welcome fruit basket etc. However, due to mis-communication with the reservation team - they did not register us with the package. It's quite disappointing when you are being rejected at the restaurant. Oh well, I thought maybe I shall clarify the situation with the reservation team instead of the upfront resort staffs. The next day, DS manager came and greet us personally at the breakfast hall to clear up the mis-understanding. It definitely leave us a good impression of DS and to our surprised, she order some pack food so we could bring along during the land journey to the airport (Caticlan)! It not about the free pack food, but I definitely touch by the genuine and sincerity of the manager and all the staffs at DS!

My hubby and I really enjoyed our stay; love the spacious room, tranquility of the resort, superb breakfast quality, excellent service rendered at beach chairs area, perfect location at station 1 and it only took us like 15 mins stroll to station 2 for all the cheap local food / u can also take the resort complimentary shuttle van (anytime, to anywhere).

I really want to thank all the staffs at DS who serves us from the bottom of their heart! I start to miss the friendly greeting where ever u are at the resort. In addition, they also remember which room number you are from! ;) Good job guys!

P/S: you need to pay a fee of 500 peso/pax when depart from Caticlan airport (for international flight) and 100 peso/pax (domestic flight. I doubt they would accept credit card or foreign currencies. Heard the fees will increase this year onwards.

Room Tip: I took a junior suite where you need to climb few flight of stairs to the suite area. Yes, u will gr...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natasha_Ng
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I'm not sure how anybody can give a poor or terrible rating for this resort. The rooms were top notch for this area of the white sands beach. They do not have microwaves in the room but I think I have an idea why. Most of the local people we talked to outside of the resort said Discovery Shores has good customer service & are friendly. The staff there was very good to us and enjoyed having our 2 little boys (3 years & 6 months) around them. They always great you when you walk by and always looking out to make sure you enjoy your time there. The manager Victor was really polite & down to earth type of guy. I was able to have few nice conversations with him. A nice helpful gentlemen named Jigs helped out with all the outside activities on the island. The food was a little pricey but I expected this so it never bothered me as the more upscale the hotel the higher the beverage & food prices. The free morning breakfast was one of the best I have encountered in my trips to the Philippines. There are so many places to eat along the white sand beach & D'mall that you will have a hard time deciding where to eat. It is getting very busy in Boracay so this is something the island is going to have to start to look at as being over crowed can be a pain (mind you we went in early January). There is lots to do on the island if you are into water sports. My favourite beach was Puka beach because of the big waves. Be careful with your children around this beach as it can get deep and when rough dangerous. The white sand beach in front of Discovery Shores is perfect. The water depth & sand quality is the best I have every encountered. There are enough security there to keep outsiders away. I picked this place because it was close to the D'mall and had a long white sand beach you could walk along. Is it perfect no, but very places are. Would definitely go back if or when we visit Boracay again. Boracay should be on everybody's list of beach places to visit in my humble opionion.

Just want to add a note, my favourite place for fish and chips is Tilapia'N chips at one of the D'mall entrances closest to the street. It is the American/Canadian style fish & chips that I finally found at Boracay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jonda1,

On behalf of the Management and staff of Discovery Shores, I would like to thank you for a very thorough review of our resort, and of Boracay island. I cannot help but smile while reading your post. I am also planning to print this out and post your review in our employees canteen so that our people will know that their efforts do not go unnoticed. Thank you for inspiring them.

Yours sincerely.

Rosanna
Singapore
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Went there in Oct and stayed for 4 nights. As I touched down at Caticlan airport, I had to book an additional land transfer which took me to a jetty about 2hrs away. I took a 5min boat ride (resort's boat) to the island and travelled by another 20min via van. Upon arrival at Disovery Shores, I was immediately ushered to the Junior Suite room & did my check in there. The room was spacious and it overlooked the pool. There was even a small balcony. In addition to the welcome desserts and drink that was prepared by the resort, the icing on the cake was definitely the in-room welcome foot massage by their staff, Christine. Breakfast is held at the Sands Restaurant, which literally allows you to enjoy your meal with powdery white sand between your toes! They have an area on the beach with sun loungers which allows you privacy and yet at the same time, be so close to the gorgeous sea. What's notable was also the beachside butler service. One of their staff, Jigs, was particularly helpful as he not only gave me tips on places to check out, he was also very attentive like preparing water, folding my beach towel, sweeping the sand off the sun lounger and constantly checking to see if everything was ok. There were a couple of security staff who patrolled the area. What I liked most about Discovery was its friendly and attentive staff. The Asst F&B Manager at Sands remembered how I like my coffee prepared, the driver of the resort shuttle service was super helpful in helping me find out where I could get Polvoron. The resort is located away from the main area Station 2 but it provides a shuttle service to drop you off at popular places like D'Mall (about 10min ride). It was such a joy to be able to wake up everyday to the sound of waves, having your morning coffee with the shoreline just metres away.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pamthl
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This hotel is a perfect place to base your self when staying in Boracay. It's at the quiet end of the beach so you can walk out with being hassled by people selling stuff. Its a short walk along the beach to restaurants and all the nightlife attractions of Boracay. The rooms are quite large and the amenities are great. The beds are huge and so comfy! The breakfast buffet was great, huge selection of freshly cooked omelets, pancakes, and waffles. If i returned to Boracay i would stay at this hotel again.
Try the Mochacolada at the beach bar! So delicious!

Room Tip: Get a pool side room!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple