“Best service I've ever experienced.”

Discovery Shores Boracay
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Discovery Shores for a few nights and from the beginning, they showed us AMAZING service. From every landing dock, there was someone there to greet us and take care of us. Every staff member had a genuinely nice and friendly personality. Our room was modern, clean, and very comfortable. Every night there was always a small Filipino treat for us to try and they even included an explanation of what it was and a nice quote. It's those little details that really matter to me. :) I swear they have about 4 staff members to every guest. When we were laying out by the beach, Benji was our attendant and he really took care of us - wiping our sunglasses, folding our shirts and towels, giving us fresh towels after being in the ocean, giving us frozen cucumbers for our eyes, always making sure we had ice water, and even giving us snacks and magazines while we relaxed under the umbrella. The staff at Discovery shores is truly amazing. On our last day, the manager even notified us that our flight was cancelled so he worked with us to make sure we got on an earlier flight - he arranged a driver, a private boat, and checked us into the airport. It was incredible service. Nothing like I've ever experienced before. I highly recommend this place... you'll enjoy every minute of it!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 5 March 2010

Discovery Shores has two things going for it on boat station 1: Great employees and a wonderful beach location!! The service is outstanding --- as it was in my June 2009 visit. The staff always wanted to help with anything.

The food was great and well prepared. My room this time was on the ground floor, but next to the storage part of the hotel for chairs and tables for special events. There were 2 events -- a business dinner and a wedding reception -- there was a little noise putting back the chairs and tables, but not for very long.

The two pools at the hotel were the right size. I used the jacuzzi in June and it was perfect. However, the jacuzzi warming unit did not work properly this time and that was a minor minus point. The pool crew said they would look into it, but it was not fixed by the time I left after 5 days.

The foot bath and drink upon check-in were perfect. Also booked a massge. It was quite good and refreshing and performed at the hotel's 2nd floor Spa.

The business center had free internet connections (2) which was convenient. The staff would van you anywhere you wanted to go and even pick you up.

Went to the D-Mall twice and ate a good meal at Lemons.

Overall, Discovery Shores is a wonderful place. No place is perfect, but the staff tries its best to please every guest. I would stay here again and probably will soon!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank john424
Reviewed 3 March 2010

The service in this hotel is just absolutely amazing. Hands down to the guest service people... you guys just amaze me!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ManilaSecretTraveler
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We just returned from 5 days at Discovery Shores Resort on Boracay island in the Philippines. The hotel is located at the quieter end of White Beach but close enough that walking to "D Mall" is about 15 minutes. The sand is clean, soft and almost white.

The hotel greets you at the Kalibo airport and transports you by private taxi van to the ferry on the other side of the island. A 1 and 1/2 hours trip but interesting landscape and sights. We were again transferred to Boracay by a Discovery Shores owned smaller boat. and driven 15 minutes to the resort itself. Luggage is with you the entire time.
I have to start by giving thumbs up to Carlo, Czara, and Zak.
The room we were given was not in a location that we were happy about and they informed us that they were completely full but would try and move us. The room was lovely but located next to the childrens activity room, a staff access way was at the front door and no view- no privacy and I felt I could not have put the blinds up at any time. We told the manager that we would pay the difference for a different room. Several hour later they came to tell us that a room had opened up and that we could move. It happened to be a room that the air-condtioning had not been working but they had fixed it that afternoon. Unfortunately, after dinner and returning to our room the air was again not functioning. We informed the front desk and they again moved us even though it was to an upgraded room. Never did they charge us anything different nor did they ever seem irritated with our requests. Always a smile. So- in the first day we moved 3 times- the assistant manager Carlo and his staff were professional during the whole process.

From then on our vacation was wonderful. There are enough chaise lounges on the beach for guests or you can be by the pool. The beach staff moves umbrellas all day long to shade the guests, bring water, fruit, cucumber slices for your eyes, cold towels and ice cream during the day at no extra charges.
The breakfast buffet is fine- typical. The hotels all seem to do buffets every night. Discovery Shores' was fine- not great but not terribly expensive either. We ate in town a couple of nights too. Boracay food was fine for the price. We did not try the upscale Indigo at the hotel but the menu looked very good. Had tapas at the bar one night with drinks and they were very good and plenty.
Our room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Lots of pillows. If we lacked something housekeeping would leave it the next time in.
Only complaints about DS is that the rooms all look in to a center area. Not one looks out over the beach. The pool is pretty simple. There are a lot of stairs. If I traveled with an elderly person this would be an issue.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Very nice hotel - service was fabulous. Has a boutique-y feeling to the whole place. What sets it apart is the staff. They are all very warm and nice. They truly mean to make your stay as comfortable and memorable as you or they can make it. They were just a tad higher than the rest - and not much less than the Shangri-la. Just need to get the gym completed and they would be perfect. I would come back here anytime - convenient to "D Mall" and downtown Boracay.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Sugarcuppeppercup, I think it is not fair to give such review after being given what we wanted. I was also present during the wedding in Discovery Shores and there are no better words to express what my heart feel than the two simple but important words “Thank You”. It was the best wedding I ever attended. It was truly a “fabulous wedding” with the sheer professionalism besides the personal touches of the staff who went over and beyond under the heat of the sun just to make the venue extra ordinary special. The courteousness, the hospitality, and the flexibility were just extremely commendable that we were even given discount at the end.
To the staff and manager, this letter comes to you with great appreciation for all the efforts and enthusiasm. Feel free to give my Email add to any of your clients, if they seek a reference. I would be happy to tell them that they are in good hands with your service. Thanking everyone in the meanwhile and assuring that we will go back to your resort again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank UsGianUS
Reviewed 21 February 2010

My family and relatives attended the wedding reception of my cousin last Saturday (Feb. 20, 2010) in this hotel. It had great decors and all...everyone was enjoying not until the head waiter said that guests exceeded by 11 guests. I overheard this and told the wedding planner and all those concerned. Everyone was surprised because not all seats were taken and the food was not even half consumed. So to resolve the issue, we did a manual headcount. We were asked to sit where we originally sat. It was so humiliating! Then the manager realized that they had a mistake. The sad part was they didn't apologize and the manager was even conceited....i saw her dancing and giggling thereafter. The party was just ruined. I swore never to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family