“Experience privacy in Boracay”
Review of The Strand

The Strand
Ranked #34 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Boracay Strand is the best place to stay in Boracay if you like “quiet”, “privacy” and “relaxation”. The resort is away from the busy and loud crowd of the white beach.
Beachfront area is incredibly beautiful too.

I visited Boracay many times and this is my first time to stay in a resort away from the main beach. Choosing Strand as my accommodation gives me a different view of Boracay. Yes, there is a quiet place to stay—Boracay Strand, where you can enjoy your privacy, view and the beach.

My room is big with a relaxing and comfortable bed; I had a very good sleep. Resort has pool and whole area is well upkeep. The staffs are very friendly and give their best to be at service. I would like to commend Dhaine for an excellence service provided to us during our stay. This resort is definitely my home away from home in Boracay.
And in case I will be back in Boracay, I will choose to stay again in Strand as I found now an alternative option if I wanted to find quiet relaxation in Boracay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank mylene04

Reviewed 12 August 2010

My husband and spends new years every time in Boracay for the past 4 years now. We have been staying to a one hotel to another, because we are just searching for a place where we can find a good place to sleep. Boracay has many hotels and most of them are either noisy or the bed is so unpleasant....
We did find the Strand 2 years ago, and we have fallen in love with it!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We spent 4 nights at the Strand, were very pleased. The resort itself is gorgeous, lots of big trees, flowers, sitting areas, and a huge pool. It's very peaceful and relaxing. The staff is very helpful, restaurant is very good with lots of options. They offer transportation to from the airport, beach towels. The hotel is about a 2 min walk to the best part of the beach, the staff walked us there the first time to familiarize us with the area. Can walk along the beach to nightlife at DMall in about 20min or take a cheap tricycle ride. Enjoyed our stay, hope to visit the Strand again!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank canadiantravelgirl06
Reviewed 7 February 2010

We selected the Strand because it felt like our kind of place. Not the chintzy beachfront type place with raked sand but a little off (or up) the beaten track but still close enough to saunter down to the amazing beach. And you know what? It is just like that. The other reviews will paint the picture about location and amenities - which were all very good ... nice rooms, pool and staff - so, from me, I just wanted to say why we choose to move to one of those chintzy beachfront places after three nights.

We arrived mid-Dec and the place was empty. This was actually a good thing so no problem so far. We'd planned to stay for a week and then maybe have a couple of nights of chintz elsewhere for a small treat at the end of our stay. So I was a little miffed at being put in the Suite right next to reception? Erm, maybe move us a few doors down so we don't have to hear the reception people natter? I should point out here that rooms are in a row, extending away from the reception away so if possible try and go for one that isn't adjacent to the office. I can only imagine privacy gets worse with the hotel full. Also, the owners (and poss some staff?) live on site ... the other side of reception. On the good side this adds to a feeling of security. On the downside, well, just don't don't get a room too near to reception.

Other slightly annoying factors was their insistence I HAD to order breakfast the night before. We were the only two people there and I want to wait until the morning to see what I feel like!!? Also the portions were pretty poor.

Personally I think the staff we're just trying to be helpful in their own way. However in doing do they became a little annoying. Some training on how western people (who will constitute the vast majority of their guests) like to be served would go a long way. Noted: I feel like a Euro idiot here but it's true.

The location was OK but it does feel like a long way from anything. Motorbike taxis can take you the few km to D:Mall but think about walking up to the main road and catching one going past.

Taxi tip >> standard fare for local between 'Stations' (of which there are three) is 10. We'd pay 20-25 just to give a little something extra. However, if you get a bike taxi from the hotel or the taxi stand at the end of the lane near the beach you will pay 75. That may not sound a lot for westerners but (a) it adds up over the week and (b) I hate feeling ripped off.

All in all brought our stay in a more upmarket place forward for a few days because we were in Boracay and, let's face it, you're here for that something extra and direct access onto an amazing beach with hotel sunloungers with waiters bringing you a drink, great restaurant food and a stroll [rather than a bike taxi] to Station2 was well worth the extra £50 a day we paid - we went to Ambassador in Paradise by the way. Terrible name but worth a look.

Make your own mind up. It'll either be right up your street or miles from it. I still find myself sitting on the fence to be honest.

Good luck!!