Victory Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdive shopsummer placediving experiencerooms are cleanair conditioningno liftbudget hotelmini barnight lifeboat stationboracay islandpadibeachwifinightlifeinfrontsand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Was a little nervous about staying here having read some mixed reviews but the hotel was great. Was clean and tidy, the staff were generally really helpful and friendly. Rooms are spacious with A/C and the guys bring sun beds and towels out to the beach for you. Did a number of dives with the attached dive centre - for details about the diving send me a message.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Went there for a 3D2N vacation with my wife. The bedroom is very clean. Just across the hotel is the white sandy beach. It kinda gives you the feeling that you have the largest swimming pool ever. Price likewise, this place is value-for-money. The staff are very friendly and efficient, it's really nice to know that they speak English well. If I have a chance to go to Boracay again, I might stay in the same place.
In term of facilities, it is very basic. Air conditioner, water heater, the wifi is rather slow (but I don't think this is an issue when you are going on a vacation). The only thing which I haven't tried is the food they provide. We didn't took the package with breakfast. However, there are a lot of restaurant along the sidewalk.

Room Tip: Choose the room with balcony, it has a better view and it seems to be bigger as well.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I never stayed here but came here for drinks a few nights. The two male staff working behind the bar were amazing. They were very welcoming and personable. They made time to have a conversation with you and they definitely know how to make cocktails. The drink prices here are great and the location is beachside. I recommend trying their Mango Shake Cocktail. Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

After trawling the main strip for a few dive shops for an introductory dive. All standard prices were for Php3000. We decided to go with Victory Divers as the guy at the front desk was real friendly.

We got there around midday and watched a safety DVD before getting our gear for the dive. We went out to the beach and practiced all the tricks before going for a short dive down 3m.

At 2.30pm we joined another group of professionals to go out on a boat to do our proper dive of 12m.

I had some trouble equalising but all in all the dive was fantastic. We saw schools of fish and a massive lobster too. The colours of the coral was not as colourful as I had expected though.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Victory Beach Resorts is located after White Beach in the Boat Station 2 area closer to Station 3. I prefer this area as its a little bit more relaxed and less commercial than the Station 1-2 area. Easiest way to find it is from one of the access roads and then walk down to the beach and follow the walk. It is close to the smal shopping area (even called shopping mall… but its not a mall) cash machines and restaurants. Its a resort, a dive shop and bar/restaurant. There are always people on the move and walking by outside on the long beach walk.

Not a big fan of the rooms who are very simple and has a fridge, tv and air con. More practical then cosy. If you’re looking for a lovely “hotel experience" this is not a good choice.
However staff is very friendly and helpful. The staff made our stay and resort feel genuine with a homey feel. We really liked hanging out down at the bar area and diving shop infront of the hotel building and at the beach walk. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Bar is nice and has most drinks. Food is very good and prices are on the right level. Nothing super exciting but taste perfect as mum works in the kitchen. We enjoyed sating at our resort and had several meals here.

If you are use to and fine with the lower standards when traveling in Asia and am looking for a good budget alternative, this resort deserves a chance. I’ve stayed at nicer places but this is OK. Don't have much to complain about even though I think they can do better. If you are picky continue to look for another place to stay.

We stayed here for nine nights during the Chinese New Year and I had a pretty pleasant stay. Also we got a good rate during a very busy high season period. Have some really good memories.

If I return to Boracay I'll try another resort or hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends