“Friendly staff but hotel could use some work...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachcomber Resort Boracay

Beachcomber Resort Boracay
Ranked #86 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Nashville, Tennessee
“Friendly staff but hotel could use some work...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here on our 1st and probably will be our last visit to boracay island. The rooms are decent, toilets are clean but the location is not beachfront at all. You would have to cross the street to go to the beach wc is very close, it's jut a few steps literally. I guess we got what we paid for, the mattress is alittle hard against our backs, the patio furniture needs new cushions an oh, the lock of the sliding door to room 106 is the same as the lock in 102. I wonder if all the rooms have the same lock?? Interesting...if you have valuables thieves can easily break into the room as all of them have glass sliding doors. Although there is a small safe inside the closet thieves can be professional too and can easily take all you cash money. Room 107's glass door is in fact already busted. The only pro is the staff can speak good English, very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't rcommend the restaurant across the st which is also owned by beachcomber. The food is average, the price is ridiculous, the service is very poor and vey slow. Seriously we waited an hour and a half for our food. The wait staff was saying it's bc they're busy and thy hve a lot of customers. Well that's not our problem. If you're asking price for food is 1st class then the service should also be top
notch. We won't be back that am sure of.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

We went as a huge family reunion sort of trip to Boracay and we all stayed here. Because of that we received a nice discount on the exchange rate for the rooms (altogether we probably had 5 rooms for 5 nights).

The rooms were nice, clean and had free wireless internet (ask them for the password when you check-in).
When you arrive they give you a free drink (seemed like iced tea to me).
The best part was the breakfast included with your stay. You can have an American style breakfast or Filipino style breakfast. The night before they give you a paper where you choose what breakfast you want, what drink, and what time you want the breakfast to be brought to your room. You can also eat your breakfast on the beach at their neighboring beach bar across the street if you write them a note at the bottom.
They give you free towels as long as you ask and give them your room number, 1 towel per person.

The location is great. You can walk down to D Mall (or take a short 5 minute tricycle ride there) and walk down to the cliffside (opposite direction). The place is by many restaurants (like Jonah's) and not that far from D Mall where you need to take a tricycle to get there.
We also came during the Ati-Atihan! The church where the festivities start is not that far of a walk and the parade starts at that church and continues across the street and onto the beach! We had a great view and didn't have to travel far to watch the festivities.

We did not use the pool because we loved the beach too much. I did not see the other side of the island so I can't speak for it.

When we come back to Boracay, I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I have stayed at this resort on two different occassions, each for about a month at a time. It is a smaller facility which has great warmth. I have stayed at many of the larger, more expansive and expensive hotels on Station 1, but this is my favorite for location and value. The staff is excellent and very accommodating. The rooms are very clean. They have a pool for relaxing when you get tired of the beach. Their beach is beautiful white sand and its location is convienient to restaurants and D'Mall should one want to visit them. The last time I was there, the kitchen was offering excellent appetizers but not a full menu. That may have changed now. Do enjoy their margaritas, during Happy Hour, while watching the sun set. Hopefully, you will also get to meet the owner who has lived on the Island for 30+ years. Like the staff, he is a lot of fun and enjoys sharing the history of the island.

Room Tip: Try one of their honeymoon suites.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SirJosephJohn
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

I have stayed here for twice already and it never fails to provide us with good relaxing time. I always loved the fact that it is a small hotel and that people are accommodating and friendly. And for twice already, they upgraded our room without extra charge..sweet deal..
Only downside probably is that the rooms are a bit dated and not much improvement has been done since our first stay 4 years ago. We would also appreciate more relaxing lounge chairs with umbrella..Also, before I think they replenish our bottled water supply but now they no longer do that. All in all, I would recommend this hotel any given time.

Room Tip: They have good mojitos at the zeppelin bar..
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Bonn, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

My cousin and I stayed here for 4 days and the location was perfect and the service excellent. The rooms I would say are just average, probably not for honeymooners or couples looking for a romantic getaway, but I would highly recommend it for friends looking for an affordable place that is clean and comfortable and in a great location, with a great staff. Since we didn't spend as much time in the room, this place was perfect for us. We had a few problems with the wi-fi, but were able to connect most of the time. They have a nice beachfront area with a bar, the free breakfast was good and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We had our free breakfast served to our room every morning and on one day we even overslept and missed the breakfast cutoff, but they still brought us our free breakfast at almost lunchtime. The bar staff were very friendly and were always at our service. It's right next to Jonas shakes and just a walk from the nightlife at Paraw. It's a little farther from the nightlife at the other end of the beach (Summer Place area), but only about a 10-minute walk and tricycles are easy to catch. I would definitely stay here again with friends and recommend it to anyone looking for a good place for it's value.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lattestone77
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

I booked this hotel and paid the 10% advance in dollars here in net. When we checked in and pay the remaining balance the lady told me that their credit card machine only accept pesos (their exchange rate is 4 pesos more that the actual rate) which means I was charged $100.00 extra than the actual cost (I booked 2 rooms). Obviously they do that to rob foreigners.One more thing is when I booked the rooms 6 months ago it says in the package for 'honeymoon suite' it includes body massage but again they told me it WASN'T and that they already told the 'direct hotels' to take that service out in the package. Why the heck they did not inform us before our check in date, I booked it 6 months in advance and was expecting to have that massage since it was included in the room package the time I booked it. Its a freakin scam. I was very dissapointed! Im going back to boracay but definitely not going back to Beachcomber.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank curacha101
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

My husband and I decided to go to boracay for our first wedding anniversary. and since we own a travel agency, we have a lot of good relationships with a lot of resorts. It made the pick a lot harder than it should. Then a few weeks before our trip, one of my employees suggested we stay at Beachcomber. I trust my employees so we decided to go with them. Sure enough, there isnt a day we regretted staying there..they upgraded our room to a honeymoon suite for free and treated us nothing less than royalties. I would go back over and over again :)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple