“From good to bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #84 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Taguig City, Philippines
“From good to bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

For the first time I went to Boracay without first booking a resort - the adventurous side in me - and chanced upon Beachcomber in station 1 during my search. It was nicely located and in close proximity to the beach despite being on the other side of the main road. They had a couple rooms available and the lady in reception said the rooms normally go for P4k a night but because it was low season (June 1) and I was a walk-in they can give me the room for P3k a night. Sold!

I got a room on the ground floor near the entrance to the resort. Spacious with a big bed. I love when they shape the towels into heart-shaped swans - the cheesy side in me - and this is what greeted me as soon as I walked in. The bathroom is also decent sized with hot water. The water took a minute to heat up but once it did it was really hot! There was also a small pool in the front which is a big plus. You don't normally see resorts with a pool for P3k a night.

The only complaint I had at this point was that I needed a key to lock the door to the room. Maybe the knob was just broken in the room I was in (rm 102). Not a big deal.

The problems came up on the second night. It was raining pretty hard in the afternoon/evening and the walkway outside the room was flooding and slowly rising, leading me to think it might eventually make its way into the room. I didn't need to worry about that because when I went to the bathroom it was flooded because water was coming up the drain! There must've been a problem with the drainage because everyone on the ground floor was experiencing the same thing and was being evacuated. They were kind enough to arrange for a room at the resort next door (Jony's) but it was just a bit of a hassle to pack quickly and transfer rooms - in the rain!

If not for the bad weather I'm sure I would have truly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: My recommendation then is to book a room during the non-rainy months (November to May) or get a room...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eriCarpio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Its a tired place but the staff are friendly. It has all the basic amenities plus a pool. They have rooms for family or honeymooners. Plus their price is affordable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Surely about to be sold, this hotel is tired....
Our room was large and good, the staff were nice but they don't do food anymore ( Jonis is next door so not the end of the world), the main sign outside announces "eachcombers" and there is a general air of the end is nigh.
The other major issue is the road runs thru the hotel separating the rooms from the beach. It is noisy and unpleasant, and the pool is pretty much on the road!
Having said this Boracay is still a fabulous beach and arguably this gives you a cheaper way to eat and drink at Jonis whilst staying next door with a pool.
But there are much better places to stay in Boracay.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Ssspoons
manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed twice in this resort and it was a very nice place. First was last Jul 2010 with my family and the other was this Oct 2011 with my boyfriend. The place is perfect for families, partners or even if you're travelling alone.

Rooms are spacious and has a relaxing ambiance. It has microwave, hot kettle and refrigerator which I think very helpful and gives convinience to us. The bed is comfortable, as well as the pillows. The sheets and towels are changed everyday. The comfort room is very clean and odorless.

The staffs are friendly and gives there client a warm welcome. Ms. Kim, the Front Desk Management Officer, is very approachable. She gives us the convinience in arraging our transfers. She discussed everything about our stay in there resort briefly. The housekeeping staffs ensures that the room is clean and they attend to our needs immediately. They are also honest. I remember the last time we were there, I left a peso bill on our bed, and when I came back after the room was cleaned the money was placed on the table. The staffs in the restaurant bar in front of the resort is nice as well. They served our food with smile. They also assure that our personal belongings are safe while we swim on the beach.

The breakfast was nice. Before day ends, we were asked to fill up a sheet of paper for our choice of breakfast the following day. They have choice of Filipino, Continental and American breakfasts. We ate breakfast infront of the beach which is really amazing.

The place of the resort is good. You can reach the D'Mall by walking or by taking a tricycle ride. It is convinient at the same time it is a quiet place in station 1. The shore in front of Beachcomber's restaurant bar is wide. You can really enjoy swimming or simply beach bumming.

All in all, I recommend Beachcomber to others as a perfect place to stay in Boracay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
quezon city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Nicely situated in front of the beach. Fruitshakes were great! (a must try!!!)

Very very reasonably priced. My girlfriend and I did not spend an arm and a leg for such a nice hotel.

Will come back and stay for sure! Hopefully it will be the same as the last time we were here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jose A
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here on our 1st and probably will be our last visit to boracay island. The rooms are decent, toilets are clean but the location is not beachfront at all. You would have to cross the street to go to the beach wc is very close, it's jut a few steps literally. I guess we got what we paid for, the mattress is alittle hard against our backs, the patio furniture needs new cushions an oh, the lock of the sliding door to room 106 is the same as the lock in 102. I wonder if all the rooms have the same lock?? Interesting...if you have valuables thieves can easily break into the room as all of them have glass sliding doors. Although there is a small safe inside the closet thieves can be professional too and can easily take all you cash money. Room 107's glass door is in fact already busted. The only pro is the staff can speak good English, very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't rcommend the restaurant across the st which is also owned by beachcomber. The food is average, the price is ridiculous, the service is very poor and vey slow. Seriously we waited an hour and a half for our food. The wait staff was saying it's bc they're busy and thy hve a lot of customers. Well that's not our problem. If you're asking price for food is 1st class then the service should also be top
notch. We won't be back that am sure of.

• Stayed August 2011
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

We went as a huge family reunion sort of trip to Boracay and we all stayed here. Because of that we received a nice discount on the exchange rate for the rooms (altogether we probably had 5 rooms for 5 nights).

The rooms were nice, clean and had free wireless internet (ask them for the password when you check-in).
When you arrive they give you a free drink (seemed like iced tea to me).
The best part was the breakfast included with your stay. You can have an American style breakfast or Filipino style breakfast. The night before they give you a paper where you choose what breakfast you want, what drink, and what time you want the breakfast to be brought to your room. You can also eat your breakfast on the beach at their neighboring beach bar across the street if you write them a note at the bottom.
They give you free towels as long as you ask and give them your room number, 1 towel per person.

The location is great. You can walk down to D Mall (or take a short 5 minute tricycle ride there) and walk down to the cliffside (opposite direction). The place is by many restaurants (like Jonah's) and not that far from D Mall where you need to take a tricycle to get there.
We also came during the Ati-Atihan! The church where the festivities start is not that far of a walk and the parade starts at that church and continues across the street and onto the beach! We had a great view and didn't have to travel far to watch the festivities.

We did not use the pool because we loved the beach too much. I did not see the other side of the island so I can't speak for it.

When we come back to Boracay, I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family