For the first time I went to Boracay without first booking a resort - the adventurous side in me - and chanced upon Beachcomber in station 1 during my search. It was nicely located and in close proximity to the beach despite being on the other side of the main road. They had a couple rooms available and the lady in reception said the rooms normally go for P4k a night but because it was low season (June 1) and I was a walk-in they can give me the room for P3k a night. Sold!
I got a room on the ground floor near the entrance to the resort. Spacious with a big bed. I love when they shape the towels into heart-shaped swans - the cheesy side in me - and this is what greeted me as soon as I walked in. The bathroom is also decent sized with hot water. The water took a minute to heat up but once it did it was really hot! There was also a small pool in the front which is a big plus. You don't normally see resorts with a pool for P3k a night.
The only complaint I had at this point was that I needed a key to lock the door to the room. Maybe the knob was just broken in the room I was in (rm 102). Not a big deal.
The problems came up on the second night. It was raining pretty hard in the afternoon/evening and the walkway outside the room was flooding and slowly rising, leading me to think it might eventually make its way into the room. I didn't need to worry about that because when I went to the bathroom it was flooded because water was coming up the drain! There must've been a problem with the drainage because everyone on the ground floor was experiencing the same thing and was being evacuated. They were kind enough to arrange for a room at the resort next door (Jony's) but it was just a bit of a hassle to pack quickly and transfer rooms - in the rain!
If not for the bad weather I'm sure I would have truly enjoyed my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachcomber Resort is just steps from Boracay's finest sand and nightlife. Located in station 1, the resort has 11 modernist rooms, a contemporary swimming pool, and a roof deck with a magnificent view of the crystalline beach. All rooms have full on amenities, including air-conditioning, cable TV, free wi-fi Internet, mini bar, hot and cold showers. The resort's new beachfront restaurant Zeppelin cafe/bar serves delicious food, fruit shakes and great coffees. So if you come for adventure under the sun, Beachcomber Resort Boracay is where you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Beachcomber Resort Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Resort Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Beachcomber Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Beachcomber Hotel