“We keep going back here”

Beachcomber Resort Boracay
Ranked #84 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Manila
“We keep going back here”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This has always been our choice for our vacations in Boracay due to best value for money: clean, quiet, comfortable, prime beach access in what we think is the best area on the island (Station 1) plus very efficient booking process.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This review is way overdue but my experience staying at the Beachcomber Resort is still a memorable one.

I found this place through a recommendation from a friend. He hooked me up with Kim, the hotel manager and from the very beginning, I knew I was in good hands. After chatting with Kim through email, she arranged for me, my partner and my best friends airport transfers after landing from Manila. Even when our flight was delayed, she made sure our transportation to the resort was handled and as soon as we arrived, we were greeted with a warm smile and cold drinks. Thanks Kim!

The hotel itself is located right on Station 1... not too close to all the bars in Station 2 but far enough so that we could relax when we wanted to. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and every morning, we had breakfasts made to order. It was awesome! This place is right on the beach. Waking up to the view was something I still vividly remember. Honestly... you can find that view anywhere in Boracay but what sets this place apart was the service. Kim and her staff are top-knotch. They're warm... they really treat you like family.

Kim... thank you so much! I'm glad I found you and the BeachComber Resort and you can definitely expect me to come back.

Salamat!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank JR R
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My wife and I recently visited the Beachcomber for a second time, and it delivered exactly what we were looking for - a clean, comfortable room with very friendly and responsive staff. We will continue to stay here when we visit Boracay.

Room Tip: Ask for the honeymoon suite on the third floor - it is very comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael W
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We travelled out of season and I needed 2 rooms, not just 1. I phoned them and they had a room and nothing was too much trouble.
They recommended transfers both ways and thought the price a bit high. But it was worth it as we did not have any issues going to or leaving boracay.
The rooms re very nice, the service excellent. The hotel's resaurant is located across a very busy road, but over looks the beach, which is why we were there.

Room Tip: We had ground floor rooms - no stairs. Although sitting out in front of my room we were a bit in the...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 11 June 2012

For the first time I went to Boracay without first booking a resort - the adventurous side in me - and chanced upon Beachcomber in station 1 during my search. It was nicely located and in close proximity to the beach despite being on the other side of the main road. They had a couple rooms available and the lady in reception said the rooms normally go for P4k a night but because it was low season (June 1) and I was a walk-in they can give me the room for P3k a night. Sold!

I got a room on the ground floor near the entrance to the resort. Spacious with a big bed. I love when they shape the towels into heart-shaped swans - the cheesy side in me - and this is what greeted me as soon as I walked in. The bathroom is also decent sized with hot water. The water took a minute to heat up but once it did it was really hot! There was also a small pool in the front which is a big plus. You don't normally see resorts with a pool for P3k a night.

The only complaint I had at this point was that I needed a key to lock the door to the room. Maybe the knob was just broken in the room I was in (rm 102). Not a big deal.

The problems came up on the second night. It was raining pretty hard in the afternoon/evening and the walkway outside the room was flooding and slowly rising, leading me to think it might eventually make its way into the room. I didn't need to worry about that because when I went to the bathroom it was flooded because water was coming up the drain! There must've been a problem with the drainage because everyone on the ground floor was experiencing the same thing and was being evacuated. They were kind enough to arrange for a room at the resort next door (Jony's) but it was just a bit of a hassle to pack quickly and transfer rooms - in the rain!

If not for the bad weather I'm sure I would have truly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: My recommendation then is to book a room during the non-rainy months (November to May) or get a room...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eriCarpio
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Its a tired place but the staff are friendly. It has all the basic amenities plus a pool. They have rooms for family or honeymooners. Plus their price is affordable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Surely about to be sold, this hotel is tired....
Our room was large and good, the staff were nice but they don't do food anymore ( Jonis is next door so not the end of the world), the main sign outside announces "eachcombers" and there is a general air of the end is nigh.
The other major issue is the road runs thru the hotel separating the rooms from the beach. It is noisy and unpleasant, and the pool is pretty much on the road!
Having said this Boracay is still a fabulous beach and arguably this gives you a cheaper way to eat and drink at Jonis whilst staying next door with a pool.
But there are much better places to stay in Boracay.

• Stayed December 2011