My partner and I treated ourselves to a stay at Beachcomber as we neared the end of our Southeast Asian holiday. We were really excited about what to expect here due to the high reviews but we were disappointed with what we got. The hotel is probably fine if you don't pay a lot for it as it has all of the basic amenities, we just ended up paying a lot more than it's worth as timing would have it and we ended up staying here the weekend over Easter. The room we received was on the ground floor at the back with no natural light, the room interior was dull and needs an upgrade, the bathroom was small and the bath tub plug was broken and although advertised, there is no wifi in the rooms only weak signal by the pool. The hotel doesn't have a proper reception, just a small booth in the driveway, the pool is small and visible from the road, there were no sun loungers or even any room for sun loungers by the pool and the restaurant where breakfast was served was the shabbiest in the area. No money has been spent on making it a proper restaurant with a kitchen or nice dining surroundings - it is on the sand but that is all. They have an upper deck that isn't used as it hasn't been maintained or put to any use. The sun loungers here were plastic flimsy ones and the 2 good ones they had (out of the approximate 5 they had in total) were always reserved by the same couple staying at the hotel. The staff didn't speak a lot of English but were friendly enough and the room did have air con and a fridge which was handy. I personally wouldn't come back to this "resort" again but it's an okay place to stay for a a couple of nights if you can get a cheaper price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachcomber Resort is just steps from Boracay's finest sand and nightlife. Located in station 1, the resort has 11 modernist rooms, a contemporary swimming pool, and a roof deck with a magnificent view of the crystalline beach. All rooms have full on amenities, including air-conditioning, cable TV, free wi-fi Internet, mini bar, hot and cold showers. The resort's new beachfront restaurant Zeppelin cafe/bar serves delicious food, fruit shakes and great coffees. So if you come for adventure under the sun, Beachcomber Resort Boracay is where you want to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Zenrooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Beachcomber Resort Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Resort Boracay Hotel Boracay
- Beachcomber Hotel Boracay
- Boracay Beachcomber Hotel