“Love my stay, highly recommended hotel”

Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel
Ranked #15 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
philippines
“Love my stay, highly recommended hotel”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed with my husband and 2 kids in a superior room (203). Check in was fast and hassle free. Seeing my voucher (confirmed booking) someone asked me how I'd pay the balance, she corrected herself right away when she saw that I was fully paid already. Can't blame her really since usual cost of room is about 8,000 pesos per night but I only paid 9,000 plus for two days. A bargain really. It has two beds (single and queen size). The room has a feel of a 5 star hotel. The arrangement of the room was simple and comfortable. The bed cover and linen were white and clean. Nice comfortable pillows. Lighting is soft and warm. For a brighter room you may open the curtains covering the sliding door which connects the room to the balcony. The balcony has 2 chairs and a table, stayed here while having coffee in the morning or late at night, really nice. Enough drawers and cabinets to store away clothes and other stuff. The refrigerator was full with some drinks and snacks. Although we don't use hotel toiletries it was nice that they provide a complete set. They also provide bathrobes and rubber slippers I guess a size 7 and a size 9. Free Wi-Fi in the room was very useful for us, just ask for a cable wire at the front desk also for free. Cable channels a plus with disney, nick, cartoon network for my kid and axn, star, lifestyle to name a few for me and my husband. Breakfast was buffet, enough choices, my son loved the adobo. Aside from the towels in the room they also provide beach towels. I mentioned some mosquitos but it is manageable upon informing the front desk they send housekeeping to spray (multi-insect killer) the whole room right away. Check out was also a breeze. They also store our baggage for a few hours for free after check out. Cons - Has some mosquitos in the room but you can ask them for a spray and they will send housekeeping right away.
Best thing I love about the place: location, pool, spacious bathroom with bathtub, cozy and comfortable room
Restaurant Tip : Near Shakey's one of the famous pizza place in the Philippines, also near D'mall about 4 to 5 minutes walk. Various store everywhere, selling food, groceries, clothes and local products.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bakasyonista

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I went to Boracay with my guest for 2 days & 1 night only, as anyone can see its a very tiring trip, while waiting to be transported to Boracay , i met Ms. Lily the manager of Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel, actually we were in the same boat with her to the island, when we arrived at the hotel, the staff were very accommodating, friendly, and always with a smile, i readily fell in love with the location, and the next day came, awakened with a terrible headache, while having my breakfast, i came across Ms. Lily, asked her if they have medicine for headache, she told me to approach the front desk, and so after finishing my meal, i went to the counter ( not knowing that she already notified them to prepare the medicine in case i will be asking ), and much to my surprise the staff immediately handed the medicine to me, i felt so comforted and touch by their gestures, and i said to myself, if i will be back to Boracay, i will definitely stay in BORACAY MANDARIN ISLAND HOTEL, TO ALL THE STAFF, THANK YOU for a WONDERFUL, UNFORGETTABLE ASSISTANCE

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We went to Boracay for the New Year's which was actually a gift from our parents. We did enjoy the accomodation and service of Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel. From our arrival up to our check out. Ms. Lily helped us a lot and even gave my sister a very nice oil which helped to ease the pain that my sister exeprienced.

I just have to warn you (which is also applicable to other countries) to be very extra careful at all times. My sister had a terrible experience 10 steps away from the hotel entrance, where a local off-duty security guard kicked her from behind having her paralyzed for quite sometime in the hospital. The only thing with Boracay Mandarin is that, they do not have any back door just in case a car is needed to be provided from the Hotel up to the main road which made it hard for the service to come in when my sister needs to be returned to the hotel.

The staff is very kind and respectful. They always make sure to greet you anytime of the day which actually helped me a lot to smile and enjoy my stay. The breakfast and food is really good! I liked their lemonade shake. The Fireworks display organized by the hotel was amazing and really long! Making the Boracay Mandarin won 2nd place on the longest timed fireworks. The food selection is just right since they have a lot of choices. The only thing I was looking in Bora was Melon which is rare in this island!

We had two rooms which is the family deluxe and grand pool side. The room is in the 1st floor. We are not worried about the noise since we are always out of the room at night. I guess its better for those people to turn on the television and put it on sleep mode if they want to get rid off the noise, besides Bora sleeps around 1am which is helpful for other tourist to get some sleep.

I will give our stay in the hotel a 4 star (Very good) and recommend you to stay here. Location wise - is really good!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Manila
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My family went to Boracay over the New Year weekend to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. Ms. Lily, the hotel manager, and the staff were very accommodating in arranging the renewal of vows for us even without an events coordinator. To our surprise and delight, they even arranged for a bridal bouquet and floral arrangements/decors for our balcony! The second floor suite where we stayed was quite big and nicely furnished, with a big balcony and its own dipping pool. They even had an iPod dock where they played background music for our event!

The hotel was very near to the beach, and we were able to have sunset pictorials there afterwards. They also had some of the nicest beach furnishings in the area, with bright orange umbrellas and deck chairs. The New Year's Eve party at their beachfront was really fun, with fire dancers, a cultural show, and live bands, capped by the spectacular fireworks from the barges near the beach. We arranged transfers to/from the hotel and were able to avoid the hassle of bringing our bags and lining up for the land/sea transportation. Food at the Don Vito restaurant was good, especially the gelato. We also ordered room service from their Buko Grill restaurant on the beach and enjoyed our private dinner at our balcony while listening to the band.

The only things that we think the hotel could further improve on are by having stationery and pen available, as well as installing external handles on the the suites' balcony doors. It was a little noisy at night, but that is a given considering the central location of the hotel and the timing of our stay. All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would go back to the hotel again when we return to Boracay :)

Room Tip: The Ambassador Suite (Don Leon Suite) on the second floor was really nice!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed at Conchita Suite with my parents. Definitely recommend it. Room had every amenity available (relevant detail: it even had a cushion headrest for the bathtub). Staff were friendly and helpful. Shuttle and boat service for hotel guests for reasonable prices. Location-wise, you can't ask for better. Near all the best restaurants and a 10 second walk to the beach. Lots of beach chairs and towels upon request, with no lack of it even during the busiest season (we were there late December).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I sty at the hotel from 22/11/2011 up to 28/11/2011 with my wife, Hotel location is excellent.. the beach is literally 40 m from reception and has the benefit of their own dedicated sun beds, hotel location is in the near to D'Mall arround 5 m walking, staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well equipped.

Amazing Sunset, Beaches, Sea,

Room Tip: grand poolside room is the Best
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife misstakenly booked this hotel thinking it was the Mandarin Oriental. When we discovered this oversight just a day or so later, I tried to contact the hotel. No one answered for three days straight and when they did they insisted that I was to be charged full rates for three nights, yes, that's about $1000 USD, dispite the fact that they had no one answering the phones. I wrote the "owner" who, like her staff, didn't bother to answer. I booked another hotel to spite them as I'd rather throw away money then spend any more on their establishment. Never go here!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple