“Our home in Boracay- vltan”

Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel
Ranked #17 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We finally got our two-year old son's crocs today! The staff of Mandarin sent it via courier bec we left it at the hotel and realized that we did not pack it the day after our arrival in Manila. We are grateful for the efforts of Archie (housekeeping manager) and Marlyn (frontdesk staff). When we called, they went out of their way to search for it. This sealed our satisfaction and confirmed that we made the right decision in choosing the hotel for our stay last June 19-21.
Other good points of Mandarin:
1. Seamless transfers- Since we were travelling with kids and would be coming from Kalibo Airport, it was important that the tranfers were seamless. When we arrived in Kalibo, a guy with whiteboard bearing our name directed us to the bus which was shared with guests of other hotels. It was clean but had an old smell to it and there was a problem with the suspension bec even if the road to Caticlan was paved, the ride was oh-so 'bouncy'. We were dizzy and my son vomitted. So on our trip back, we decided to hire a van. This was efficiently arranged by frontdesk c/o Yna. We paid an additional fee but it was worth it. Anyway, in Caticlan, a guy met and directed us to a van and took us the port where the mini speed boat was waitng. In Boracay, someone fetched and took us to the hotel. All these removed the burden of carrying our son and our luggage at the same time.
2. Restaurant/food- The buffet breakfast selection served at Don Vitto is not extensive but taste is generally ok. The serving of their a la carte food is good for 2pax. What we loved was the gelatto. Our faves-tiramisu and ferrero, but there is always a flavor for everyone's taste. I suggest that you reserve a table ifyou will have lunch there bec the place is often packed with tourists.
3. Room- We were given a room big enough to fit 2 single beds and one queen-sized bed. (I learned later on that these are otho beds). We could have slept without the other single bed but they ensured that we comfortable. The CR was equipped with amenities and bidet. Our room's viewwas a wall but it was alright bec it was at the back without the 'gimmick' noise at nightime.
4. Beach- The hotel is just a few steps away from the beach and towels can be requested from the guard or the attendant. Because there is a guard, you can lounge away securely. We slept by the beach for an hour or so.

If we will go back to Boracay, we will definitely stay in Mandarin again. It is worth every penny.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Vltan

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Upon arrival at Caticlan airport we were met by a driver who took us to the jetty port, a private speed boat was already awaiting for us to the hotel.We were amazed as it was only me and my husband who rode the boat, we felt like a "VIP" guests. We stayed from June 15 to 18 in a deluxe seaview room type. Room was clean and bed is very much comfortable. Toilet is likewise clean. Buffet breakfast is serve at the hotels Don Vito Ristorante, there are variety of foods to choose from specially filipino and american dishes. Food attendants are quick and attentive. We would like to thank the hotel manager Ms. Lily who would always greet us every time we see her and ask if we have any concerns and if we are enjoying our stay. Great customer service indeed..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Josephine J
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We've been to boracay more than a couple of times and last june 17-19 2012 was our first stay in boracay mandarin..and i must say we had the best time there! the food is great,cant stop thinking of that newyork newyork pizza at don vito! breakfast is simply amazing and satisfying,the rooms are clean and comfortable too..we also experienced the best treatment from hotel staff,they are all so warm and friendly. boracay mandarin's location is also very good since it is in front of boracay's white sand beach..highly recommended hotel,were definitely going back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nadine D
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I have always been busy traveling this Summer so I almost missed out in giving my reviews to hotels our family werebstaying in the past months of our travel.
Anyway, this hotel is simply great for my husband and I first visit in Boracay. Our grown up kids visited 2 summers in a row now.
I want to especially mention the hardworking and competent manager, Ms. Lily Ng Po. I really like the way she attends to the hotel guests especially with our concerns.
The hotel' s restaurant offers the best pizza so far in the island. The rooms are clean and spacious. Well, except for the toilet amenities, there is nothing to complain.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the view of the beach
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank WanderCezy
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed from the 18th May through the 21st May. Room was nice... Bed is very comfortable, balcony is a nice feature ... Breakfast was boring...

A small incident happened at the restaurant during breakfast whereby a cockroach crawled along the table when I was having breakfast with my partner.

Restaurant manager was notified and he just caught the cockroach and threw it away.

Not satisfied with the after action, I informed the front office and filled up a guest survey form. Till date (31st May) no one came back to me...

Good room and location but very bad management follow up or the lack of it.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Xavier K
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I came to Boracay for the first time this last March. When we first arrived at the airport we were met by Eddie who took us to his boat and then to the hotel. Crossing the crystal blue water towards the hotel I was filled with a great excitement and anticipation, ready for this long awaited beach paradise vacation I had been looking forward to for months.

From arrival to departure our trip met all of my expectations. The hotel room was spotless clean and a welcoming spot to rest after a long day out on the beach. It is set right on the beach so you can literally walk out of the hotel to find yourself in paradise. There is a swimming pool with lounge chairs in the water that you can cool off in if you prefer that to the beach. We ate all of our meals at their restaurant where we enjoyed an array of delicious seafood platters as well as fresh mango smoothies. The breakfast buffet was to die for, delicious choice of either a traditional filipino breakfast or omelettes, fresh fruit and so much more! Did I mention the gelato yet?! Made fresh in their shop the gelato was an amazing treat in the heat of the sun.

More than the amazing amenities and accommodations this place had to offer, what stood out even more was the incredible staff. They greeted us with a smile and helped book us tours around the island and gave us advice on places to go and things to see.

Would definitely return to this hotel. Yes there are many choices to choose from in this area, but the Boracay Mandarin made such an impression I would gladly come here over any of the other resorts. Seriously amazing people here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed 27 April 2012

it was my first trip to boracay with my family during holy week. staffs were friendly, food were great except for the arrozcaldo ( coz i cook very good arrozcaldo hehehe). worth the price we paid for. A little bit expensive for ordinary persons like me. we can go back again, maybe sometime if our budget permits.. But considering the wide array of choices of resorts and hotels in bora, we may opt to try another resort for experience next year (we come to borAcay every year). but its worth coming back...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family