“Lovely hotel with great staff and right on the gorgeous beach!”

Ranked #18 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is a very lovely hotel to stay in. We had originally gone for 3 nights but as we got caught with the Typhoon Yolanda we had to stay an extra two nights. The hotel was lovely and right on the beach. I had stayed at the REgency before but I was glad I chose the Mandarin this time round. The service was exceptional from everyone. The girls at front desk, the staff at the restaurant right through to the transfers.

The rooms were very nice and clean. My 2 year old daughter loved the pool especially as the last two nights we got assigned to the grand pool side room. Every day when the room was cleaned they made origami style with the towels which was just added that special touch.

Lily Ng Po was exceptional as the GM....she relieved a lot of stress from me as I couldn't contact my airline to rebook our flight after the storm. She had done this for us and even called my auntie to confirm she managed to do rebook our flight. as she couldn't get hold of me. Lily then made great effort to let us know and informed us personally at breakfast the day after. I had friends staying at other hotels and they were amazed how our hotel sorted everything out for me. I want to send my sincere thanks to you Lily and team!

I have recommended this hotel to my entire family who will no doubt stay at the Mandarin in the future.

Thanks Boracay Mandarin team!

Lannette Manalo Murray

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Thank Lan Manalo Murr... m

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had a wonderful short stay with the wife at the Boracay Mandarin Island. The hotel is literally right on the beach at Station 2. The rooms are good size and comfortable. The staff and service is top notch. My wife got sick the last day and stayed in the room. I went down for the buffet breakfast and asked if I could get a plate for her. Not only did they make a plate, it included a little bit of almost everything available and they delivered it to the room Great Service! The only disappointment was dinner at the Italian restaurant. The food was below average. Since there are so many choices to eat in Boracay, we only ate there once.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room with a balcony.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had our wedding their on October 15, 2013, and stayed for a week at this hotel. I don't usually do reviews but this is different.

If you are going to have a beach wedding at Boracay. Go see ma'am lily at the Mandarin.

We got in touch with the Mandarin early in 2013 and also planned a trip there in May. When we were there in May ma'am lily ran us through everything that will happen on the day. She spent a lot of time with us which was great as it made my (now wife) feel more comfortable. Showed us through the suite which comes with the package (a couple of days). It was that nice i got it for the week Answered all our questions, even my annoying ones. The location was one of the best in my opinion, not far from the action for my guests. For us the choice was the right one.

As the day got closer to my guests arriving I wanted everything to be perfect as many (nearly all) had never been to the island let alone the Philippines. If you have travelled to Philippines you know what I mean. Not everything goes to plan. THIS DID.

We were met at the airport by the staff (there were 10 of us) put in 2 comfortable and spacious vans. Driven to the port. Led to our own private boat. On the island of Boracay where we docked led to another couple of spacious vans again and dropped of at an apartment I rented as we did arrive early. I walked up to the Mandarin around 10 and they allowed us to check in early, so most of the guests checked in around midday. As other guests arrived throughout the day they were also met without any hassles We had a rehearsal on the Monday with the Pastor for about 90 minutes.

The day came and it was a perfect day. Not hot and not cold. Very little breeze and a few clouds. I couldn't of asked for a better day. The marquee where it was all setup was beautiful, they had Been working on it since the rehearsal. Even some of the poles were freshly painted. Ceremony, reception, photos, food, music. Everything went fantastic. I could not fault anything at all. We had our own personal waiters who were at our beck and call. Nothing failed at the event. Seriously nothing. If you want to know details etc on costs please email me, am more than happy to share them with you. So if you are seriously thinking of having a beach wedding in Boracay do not go past ma'am Lilly and her staff at the mandarin hotel in Boracay. Makaya band, awesome guys. You kept the party rocking and the guests were keen to keep rocking. Joel. The photos are great keep up the good work. And to all the staff who haven't been mentioned you guys were fantastic putting up with a bunch of Aussies great work

Ma'am lily and her staff have done a fantastic job from the start of the occasion right through till when we left. From the cleaners to yourself thank you very much. And a special thanks for turning the sunset on as well :)

Greg and Mina England

Room Tip: Go for the suites, a little more pricy but worth it.
1  Thank glanden
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This place is amazing the locals are just so friendly and very helpfull with any request we had The Hotel staff are also very good at making us welcome making sure we are comfortable restraunt as well

Room Tip: we where in room 321. rooms 319-321 have the best views of the beach. use the tour/activitly guys o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Boracay M, Marketing Communications Officer at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Ash-Browne,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel!

We would also like to thank you for your kind words and positive review. It is also delightful to know that you've appreciated the friendliness and professionalism of our hotel and restaurant staff. Here at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel, we always aim to provide all our guests with excellent accommodation and high-quality service. We are really happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us.

Once again, on behalf of Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel family, thank you very much! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights in Mandarin. Location is perfect, good seaview from the balcony of the room, polite waiters ,also the show during night is great. For me I think 4 days are really not enough, next time to Boracay, I will still choose Mandarin again.
And the last day when left the hotel, we got a big help from the hotel Manger, really thanks for that.
100% recommend Mandarin for your vacation.

Room Tip: Recommend to choose the seaview room above
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yu L

Dear Yu L,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel!

Kindly allow us to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words and positive review. It is nice to read that you noticed the great location of our property as we are situated in the heart of Boracay Island’s 4-km white sand beach, where shops and restaurants are just a few steps away. It is also delightful to know that you've appreciated the warmth, friendliness and professionalism of our hotel and restaurant staff. Your testimony only proves that they've been trained well by our very accommodating and ever dependable Resident Manager, Ma'am Lily Po.

Great to hear that you also enjoyed Makaya Band's nightly performance. Here at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel, we always aim to provide all our guests with excellent accommodation, high-quality service and outstanding evening entertainment. We are really happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us.

Once again, on behalf of Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel family, thank you very much for your kind words and for recommending our hotel to future Boracay travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed in boracay in oct13 for 3 nights in this hotel, we came in early than check in time. We got the rooms by not much waiting.We got upgraded too. Hotel staff is very nice, rooms are good. Location is on station 2. This is the place where you got everything food , night life n all.

It has a very nice reataurant don vito, amazing food and nice ambience.

I would love to go again to this Hotel

Dear DHEERAJ_DUA,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel!

Please allow us to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words and positive review. It is nice to read that you noticed the great location of our property as we are situated in the heart of Boracay Island’s 4-km white sand beach, where shops and restaurants are just a few steps away. It is also delightful to know that you've appreciated the warmth and professionalism of our hotel and restaurant staff.

Great to hear that you also noticed the amazing tastes of foods and the great ambience of Don Vito Ristorante Italiano. Here at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel, we always aim to provide all our guests with excellent accommodation, high-quality service and sumptuous meals. We are really happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us.

Once again, on behalf of Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel family, thank you very much for your kind words and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed for 8 nights in a deluxe room in October 2013.

Location of the hotel is perfect, you cannot get bored, everything is nearby. Don Vitto (the hotel's restaurant) is excellent, you must try it.
There is also a tent on their private beach where shows are available every nigh up until mid night, and it can be arranged for weddings (one was held while we were there).
Another great thing is that they have their own sun beds with umbrellas, and there is a man taking care of you while on the beach (wipes the sun beds, can get you drinks, and even enjoy small talk).

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms don't have the best view you can get. We were able to see the pool from the bal...
1  Thank Anca B