US$50
Hotel Metro(Kalibo)
US$28
US$29
Agoda.com
HangOut Beach Resort(Malay)(Great Value!)
US$17
US$32
US$26
US$36
Agoda.com
All reviewsdon vitoambassador suitepoolside roompremier sea viewbeach fronthilot massagethe general managerfire dancerslive bandd mallthe hotel managerhotel is locatednoisy at nightbreakfast buffetoverlooking the beachpool sidenice pool
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed for 1 night in late November 2013 in this hotel, which arguably has one of the best locations along White Beach! We stayed in 5 different hotels, so that we could provide honest reliable feedback on each of them.

So, this place has the Location! The rooms and hotel itself are a bit dated, but rooms are at least clean, and the staff are fantastic! Don Vito restaurant serves excellent food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). They also do the beach bbq's on nights directly opposite the hotel, with good bands/shows.

We stayed in a Premier Sea View, which gave glimpses of the sea. Free wifi, and long canopy, with a balcony, but no privacy whatsoever. you can see directly into other rooms opposite (and they into yours). Only 1 person can fit into the bathroom at once and the tub/shower are quite small, with grout missing. So, I wouldn't recommend paying the extra for the Premier Sea View room -although I didn't get to see the other rooms to comment or compare, although there looked to be a room or two that had their own very large patios with private pool - that'd be nice in the hot and humid days to step out into your own pool, but suspect the cost would be similar to the District or the Shangri-La, and those would be better.

Only 2 towels are provided in the room, and on arrival we thought that housecleaning had forgot to put towels at all but were told that the 'pretty' 2 swans on the bed were the towels. The towels were basic towels, not bath sheets.

Good breakfast included, as is a welcome drink on arrival.

At the end of the day, it's a perfect location, directly opposite the beach, very central, and dedicated sun beds and umbrellas with staff to monitor usage so that it's only being used by hotel guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This place was our paradise for the past three days. Sadly it had to end. But the wonderful experience we have had in this resort hotel was so good that I just have to let my fellow travellers know.

It's our ( my wife and I ) 5th trip to Boracay and it's our first time to stay in the Mandarin Hotel. The location is perfect ... it's in the middle of everything here on this island. That was the first good decision we made by booking our stay here this time.

From the moment we deplaned at the Caticlan Airport, we were whisked into a private marina and were transported by an exclusive boat to the island. This was a better experience than our previous 4 trips to Boracay wherein we had to be transported to the island with other guests for other resorts in a catamaran.

Our room at the third floor of Boracay Mandarin had a good direct view of the ocean. It came with a nice balcony looking over the pool below. The room had a nice decor but the chairs in the room were rather uncomfortable to use. The beds were pretty standard in terms of comfort with standard beddings.

The bathroom layout was good and functional, however ... it needed some upgrades. There was a small water leak on the floor but the engineering department could not ascertain the cause of the leak while we were in the room. It was a minor inconvenience which did not affect our stay. Water pressure was excellent and there were no fluctuations in the hot water pressure.

The best aspect of staying at Boracay Mandarin is the quality of service that the staff at the hotel restaurant, Don Vito Resturante Italiano provided during our breakfasts. I single out the three individuals who were always so gracious and accommodating ... John Benson Dordas, Carrel Pallado and Darryl Gargoles ... these three guys made us feel like royalty, always catering to our dining needs. We expressed our commendations to the Food & Beverage Manager, Ralph Bermejo.

I highly recommend this resort inspite of some needed upkeep on the rooms. We will definitely stay here again next time we come to Boracay for our winter holidays.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Boracay M, Owner at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Joey A (Toronto, Canada),

Warm greetings from Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel. Please allow us to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words and positive review. It is nice to read that you noticed the great location of our property as we are situated in the heart of Boracay Island’s 4-km white sand beach, where shops and restaurants are just a few steps away.

It is also delightful to know that you've appreciated the quality of service and professionalism of our hotel and restaurant staff. Here at Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel, we always aim to provide all our guests with excellent accommodation and high-quality service. We are really happy to hear that you and your wife had a wonderful experience with us.

Once again, on behalf of Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel family, thank you very much for your kind words and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Station 2 location is very convenient. Beach front location is ok. Fast wifi both in room and Don Vito restaurant.

I got the premiere deluxe sea view room. it's a bit pricey but very much worth it. Ideal for couples.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Vicqty (Quezon City, Philippines),

Warm greetings from Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is a very lovely hotel to stay in. We had originally gone for 3 nights but as we got caught with the Typhoon Yolanda we had to stay an extra two nights. The hotel was lovely and right on the beach. I had stayed at the REgency before but I was glad I chose the Mandarin this time round. The service was exceptional from everyone. The girls at front desk, the staff at the restaurant right through to the transfers.

The rooms were very nice and clean. My 2 year old daughter loved the pool especially as the last two nights we got assigned to the grand pool side room. Every day when the room was cleaned they made origami style with the towels which was just added that special touch.

Lily Ng Po was exceptional as the GM....she relieved a lot of stress from me as I couldn't contact my airline to rebook our flight after the storm. She had done this for us and even called my auntie to confirm she managed to do rebook our flight. as she couldn't get hold of me. Lily then made great effort to let us know and informed us personally at breakfast the day after. I had friends staying at other hotels and they were amazed how our hotel sorted everything out for me. I want to send my sincere thanks to you Lily and team!

I have recommended this hotel to my entire family who will no doubt stay at the Mandarin in the future.

Thanks Boracay Mandarin team!

Lannette Manalo Murray

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Thank Lan Manalo Murr... m
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had a wonderful short stay with the wife at the Boracay Mandarin Island. The hotel is literally right on the beach at Station 2. The rooms are good size and comfortable. The staff and service is top notch. My wife got sick the last day and stayed in the room. I went down for the buffet breakfast and asked if I could get a plate for her. Not only did they make a plate, it included a little bit of almost everything available and they delivered it to the room Great Service! The only disappointment was dinner at the Italian restaurant. The food was below average. Since there are so many choices to eat in Boracay, we only ate there once.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple