“This is a resort???? This resort sure did ruin my Boracay experience!”

Boracay Travelodge Beach Resort
Ranked #134 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Never in my life did I think a hotel would ever ruin my vacation. I always believed that not so good hotels were small problems and would be something I could simply endure. This was until I met Boracay Courtyard Resort.

Let us begin this review with a good start. The good points of this so called resort are the very helpful, accommodating staff. They truly deserve the praise. Next would be the affordable rates on a high season date (December)

Sad to say that is all the good points. Now back to business. The rooms. My god, it was to die! The aircon, did not work the entire night! Top it off with a room that barely has a window! It was really hot the entire night. The room was also infested with mosquitoes. (I had multiple bites all over my leg and arms) Ok, so the room is bad, but what about the bathroom? The bathroom hell! The sink, toilet and shower had 1 thing in common, They did not WORK! The sink would not drain, the toilet would not flush, the shower would barely have water that it was so hard to take a shower. Sand was pouring out of the shower walls! It was grotesque!

Ok, now the location. They are 5mins away from the beach (station 3) but also 1-2minutes away from the Market! I thought this was a resort? Not to mention, walking to the place at night was not very safe especially when going solo like what I did as there were lots of people playing majong, blackjack, drunks along the alley to the resort.

I have stayed in many many hostel, pensions, hotels, but this place truly will have a place in my memories.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
14  Thank Michael G

Reviewed 24 February 2012

First of all, it is not a resort! This is only a building with sleeping rooms! Upon disembarking from our ride, we were dropped off at a spot that was so busy, went thru a strip of little stores until we finally got to this place. The entrance had sliding bars on the doors??? Were we in a neighborhood that was infested with thieves??? It was dark and there was stairs with dirty water under it. We proceeded to check in and was given a set of house rules (sounded like we were in a dorm). Whilst my friends were checking in, I took a look down the hallway and it looked dark and gloomy and musty and smelly, etc etc etc. We finally got a key (one key) with instructions from the desk that if we lose our key, we would be liable to pay them back. Upon entering the room, my friends and I were in shock! There were two beds, looked like a homemade bed, with a space in between the beds that was about 6 inches wide. Next was a table with a dinosaur of a TV on it, with a contraption for belongings and a mirror, all cramped into this little table. Then I opened the bathroom door and was taken aghast by what I saw. The total space was tiny, with a toilet right next to a little space to take a shower or a bucket wash and the light on the ceiling had wires sticking out and a light bulb only??? Accident waiting to happen... and the smell... musty, smelly like someone just expelled a bug spray??? A window with dirty curtains (I was afraid to see what was behind it or even to touch the dirty curtains). Two of us were claustrophobic and there was no way we could stay in this room with two other people. We decided to leave and just go to another hotel at this point and when we tried to check out, we couldn't get a refund since we had bought a package deal. This was fine with us but then the front desk girl asked us for our breakfast coupons back that she had given us earlier since we were leaving... Excuse me????? We at least wanted to check out what our free breakfast was like at their sister hotel La Carmela which was not too bad at all. NO WAY! NO WAY should anyone stay at this place... It is not safe, it smells, and it is a DUMP!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Inday C
Reviewed 11 January 2012

walking distance from the beachfront, near d* talipapa.

We booked a semi deluxe room for 2 pax worth Php 3,000.00 for our 3 days 2 nights stay. When we arrived, which was around 8pm, they gave us a free upgrade to a deluxe room, which was a slightly bigger, air conditioned room and had two queen sized beds. The room is basic, with tv, air con doesn't ventilate the room well,there is no view of the beach, and the toilet had only a cold shower.

We extended our stay for another night but transferred to a smaller room, since the deluxe room is quoted Php2,400/night (if i remembered it right) during this season. It was a smaller room with one bed but way better than the first room we had because it has hot and cold shower and air con was good.

Rooms have sliding glass windows that I think shouldn't be there because it only attracts uninvited guests. I don't know why, but both rooms that we accommodated had open windows upon checking in, it's a good thing we checked before leaving the room with our things inside.

Safety deposit boxes, breakfast buffet, swimming pool is in La Carmela. They will charge for stained sheets, towels, pillow cases because of henna. You also have to deposit Php1500.00 for damages, that they will return after checking out.

They also have boat transfers, i think they charge around Php 500++/pax one way.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jajauno
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My family and I decided to stay in this resort a couple of times already. The accommodation states it includes breakfast for 2, unfortunately if you are a group of 3-5, they don't remind you of your breakfast when you wake up in the morning. The only thing we don't regret staying in this hotel is the free use of La Carmela swimming pool. Boracay courtyard in overall is mainly for backpackers and does not commit to what you're supposed to get based on the rate you're paying for not unless you point it out to them or remind them of it.

Room Tip: Make sure to have a documentation of your reservation and whatever deals you have for proof
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank budzy829
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I've been to Boracay a couple of times already and I have stayed in this hotel twice already due to budget constraint :) The room is very basic but the bathroom gets flooded and the water pressure is low. We had to ask for tabo and balde :p There is no elevator in the hotel so you might want to request for rooms on the 2nd floor. The rate is affordable and the size of the room is quite small. It comes with a free breakfast, but you have to go to La Carmela to avail of the breakfast which is a few meters away.

If you need a place to crash after being out in the sun for the whole day and partying at night, I would recommend Boracay Courtyard.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wreckxki
Reviewed 21 October 2011

expect a very simple 4-cornered room. expect nothing special. budget conscious people can stay here since it is very affordable. good place to stay if you're not staying in your room most of the time - mostly for sleeping only. if you're used to classy hotels with nice accommodation, then this is not the place for you. this is not beach-front as well

Room Tip: since this a cheap place, take the most expensive room. very recommended for budget conscious trave...
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed 13 June 2011

we arrived 8th of june 2011.. Though we expected that the hotel accommodation is a bit laid back, but considering the name of la Carmela de Boracay (which happens to be a sister company of Boracay Courtyard).. We gave it a try, though we stayed at La Carmela several times already.. BC offered breakfast at la Carmela and allowed guests to use their pool as well..

When we requested for the transfer, w/c cost 425/pax one way, (all in) - seems to be ok. Although our flight via PAL was delayed for an hour.. Our fetchers were ready to pick us up and we rode a van , an hour and a half ride to cagban pier.. then we rode the private boat of the resort. then from pier/port was shuttled to La carmela Resort...

This was the signal of our agony... we were dropped off at La carmela as supposed to be Boracay Courtyard.. we have to walk about the 10 minutes.. It was a shock for us guests to see that there was a half knee deep of flood that you have to pas thru before reaching the hotel.. I don't know if it's a plus, that they placed several wooden step boards for us to cross... about 3 feet high... Whew!.. Just imagine what we have to go though every time we go back to our hotel room... we were then given a room at the end of the corridor.. It was so dim but practically clean and the bathroom was big and clean with hot and cold shower.. We requested for a remote control for the t.v. (Believe it or not we were repeatedly given broken remote 4x)..sucks..

Rooms can be made up on a per request basis.. Towels were not changed daily.. considering it's a resort hotel.. our door knob is broken broken.. Air-conditioning unit was cold. but you must bear the agony of the sound of dripping water from air-conditioning unit from the upper floors, there should be a hose connected to the unit.

Food at La carmela was on average taste but it's ok for the price of 270 for dinner/Lunch buffet... for budget conscious I would recommend Sir Boy BBQ,,, very affordable price on their menu...

Pool was ok, lifeguard on duty... Water is clean... a plus factor, esp. for families with children..

price wise for boracay Courtyard Hotel reasonable.. But the service is poor..

Room Tip: Book in advance. and get barkada package ( 4 pax)
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends