“"A very nice & affordable hotel at Station 1"”
Review of MR Holidays Hotel

MR Holidays Hotel
Ranked #84 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
San Juan City, Philippines
“"A very nice & affordable hotel at Station 1"”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Me and my friends stayed here last February 26 to 28, 2011. Accommodating and approachable staff, reasonably priced, relaxing and a good place to chill at Station 1 and just a few steps away from the beachfront. They served breakfast by the beach. Will definitely go back and stay at MR Holidays again.. ÜÜÜ

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank adventuretripper29

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Looking for a quiet and affordable place along the white beach of Boracay? check out Mr Holidays! lined up/ in between the "bigger" hotels like discovery shores, ambassador etc down at Station 1... not as pricey as those bigger hotels but you get to stay in the prime area of the white beach! more chillaxed environment at a very affordable rate!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank chickinalimbo
Monchengladbach, Germany
Reviewed 4 March 2010

True Bliss

"Put me here, soothe me, spoil me with colors, taste, and those perfectly perched umbrella chairs. Thoughts of the world at large - kindly move aside. You're blocking my sun" Those were my exact thoughts on reaching Boracay Island. I felt the new year was high time for a bright beam of optimism and, of course a little vacation, where else but on my favorite beach in the world. But this time around, I was looking for true bliss, my own nirvana, away from the maddening crowd?

Small Comforts

When it comes to hotels, smaller is often better. And on Boracay's posh north beach, it doesn't get much smaller (or better) than the MR Holidays Hotel. From the moment I arrived, I was greeted by friendly smiles and familiar faces. This 14 room resort is as posh as any big name resort (think cable TVs, Wi-Fi and soft-as-silk sheets). But it is as comfortable as your best friend's beach house. Every room here is tastefully designed to give guest a relaxing sanctuary to recharge and rejuvenate after a long day at the beach. Some guest may not just leave their rooms at all. That's a shame since the hotel offers the best beachfront and stunning ocean views in the island. But that wasn't the only thing I came here for. So to enjoy the community spirit, I hanged out in the outdoor common areas, borrowed a beach chair and headed down to the powdery white sand to feel (or just admire) the wonderful beach (and the lovely people). I love MR Holidays because everything about this hotel reflects the true filipino culture of hospitality and friendly service. The beauty of a hotel this small is that at the end of the trip, I truly felt I was staying with friends.

Kudos to the best hotel staff in the island!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank one3mac
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 30 June 2009

MR Holidays is indeed a hidden gem in Station 1 of Boracay White Beach. It's a small boutique hotel located between Discovery Shores and Ambassador Hotel so it's got that perfect view of the Boracay sunset and the finest white sand in the whole of White beach - all for a price that's just right on the budget!

We were there during the low season so they were able to give us a room upgrade (for no extra cost!), free breakfast and transfers from Cagban port to the hotel. We got a superior room (#14), which had a window opening to a beautiful view of the ocean. Everything was spanking clean including the toilet and bath! Plus, I love the sink and the non-slip tiles. Love the interiors. Ang galing ng architect ng hotel and the interior designer.

Our free breakfast (bread with jam or pancakes) were prepared by a nearby kitchen (Gloria's kitchen) which looks like a small little store/ carenderia. But it becomes an understatement once they serve you the yummy food on nice looking plates with a smile. :) However, if you'd rather have rice for breakfast, they'd gladly upgrade the free breakfast for a minimal fee.

MR Holidays Resort got super friendly management and staff! Plus, they'd try to accommodate every whims and requests of their guests. You could borrow their playing cards or request to have your free breakfast served in bed. My friend even asked if she could buy the Korean magazine they have in their lounge but the manager allowed her to take it home for free! Ms. Mae, the hotel manager, even set up a nice breakfast for us in their roof deck during our last day in Boracay. And it was an upgrade from continental to a Filipino breakfast of rice and adobo. Yummy! She also showed us the Family Room which could accommodate up to 7 guests. It's a nice room for a big group of people since it has a separate toilet, bath and wash area (2 sinks).

All rooms have its own safe for valuables. :)

Really really good value hotel. Would recommend this to everyone I know.

post script: would like to thank Ms. Luzette of www.explore-boracay.com who helped us locate this hotel for our trip. Kudos!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zhaaazhaaa
Dubai
Reviewed 1 November 2007

I've been to Boracay many times but then I decided to stay somewhere I've never stayed on, I browsed through the net and saw this very private resort. Mr Holiday is located behind another resort in station 1, so a few meteres walk from the beach front. I had a hard time finding it because it is a new building, even the locals doesn't know it back then. Its a nice new building with three floors, very friendly staff and the accomodation is ok, with air conditioning. I was a bit disappointed though coz they gave me a coupon for breakfast and when breakfast came, I have to eat in a store in front of the resort, they don't have any restaurant. The food was just bread and some jam with coffee or juice. I was disappointed because the room rates were expensive.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled solo