“Reasonably priced - great location”
Review of MR Holidays Hotel

MR Holidays Hotel
Ranked #85 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great value for money!

Very helpful staff, they are polite and accommodating.

Seamless arrival and departure thanks to their partner southwest transfers :)

Rooms are clean and well maintained, just right for a couple (we booked the standard room) :)

food is ok, could be improved you can ask them to cook stuff (paluto) like spam for breakfast for a minimum fee though.

We had a great stay in boracay, thanks MR Holidays :) we will definitely see you again next year!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iamchibby

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

If you're on a tight budget but would like a hotel around Station 1, then this is the hotel for you. Though the beach is a few steps away from the hotel, getting to the highway from the hotel takes a lot of walking. I find it not easily accessible from the highway especially for tourists who ride the tricycle as their means of transportation in exploring Boracay. You'll pass by approximately 7-8 hotels by walking the shore before getting to the hotel. The staff are really friendly and are always willing to attend to our needs. However, the room size is small to my liking. The restroom is likewise small but clean. But then if you're on a tight budget, then this hotel is right on the budget.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbuddyy
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This is my second time to stay at this hotel. It has a fantastic location along Station 1. It's located right beside Discovery Shores and Kasbah. It's not exactly beach front (you have to walk a few steps back) but it's just the right distance. Rooms are basic and clean. Comfy pillows and mattresses. Staff was very accommodating. I wanted extra pillows and blankets and they were quick to respond and deliver them. Most important for me however was peace and quiet at night since I'm a light sleeper. This place is very quiet at night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nutalia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I came home to Philippines all the way from Singapore just for my Boracay trip and was pretty confident about this hotel because of its good reviews but I was apparently wrong as they will treat you according to what you look like. My boyfriend and I look very simple and quite young for our real age so I felt that we didn't get the accommodating experience that some guests experienced, maybe because they think that we are "small time" guests that they can just ignore.

They did not clean our room, I had to ask for them to clean our room. I've heard one of them said that we were always lingering around that they can't clean it up. (Not true, we were at the lobby most of the time since their wifi connection is really poor and we intentionally did not go to our room since I know they should be cleaning that time of the day)

Their complimentary breakfast was served at a different establishment. We had our lunch there the previous day and the staff wasn't friendly nor willing to serve at all. it was the same place that MR holidays send their guests for free breakfast, and again poor service from Gloria's Kitchen (the mini resto) since they treat us like crap and won't give us our choice of fruit when it was obviously available and all other guests (most of them foreigners) had a different kind of fruit. I don't care about the fruit at all, but what bothers me most is how they discriminated us and won't give us the treatment we rightfully deserve.

To be fair the staff at MR holiday were friendly especially their guys who seem to be very eager to help without expecting anything in return (most bell boys ask for tip for every service they give). Girls were friendly but kind of lazy.

I hope MR Holidays would read about this and improve on their service, i know they would remember me, room 11 (march 15-17). I will not recommend this place though it's affordable. I would rather pay expensive hotels to get the treatment every guest should have in every hotel regardless of who they are..

Room Tip: don't book at this hotel and don't ever eat at Gloria's Kitchen
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AIMAEKON
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Affordable guesthouse next to the beach. Good value, clean and well-situated, helpful staff. However, standard rooms are average, even poor -- no furniture except a bed and TV console stand with some hangars. No chair or a nighttable. (The nice staff kindly moved in a table and chair from the landing.) The only aircon setting is on/off - which means you wake up alternately sweating or freezing all night. Windows don't have screens to allow them to be opened at night instead. Management should consider making these rooms more habitable, as this level of room would cost $20 in Manila or elsewhere - only justifying $65 here because of location. Surely the money saved on electricity from installing window screens would make up the cost.
Ultimately I needed to upgrade, which was worth the money for a small fridge, a table and a chair, and aircon with a temperature-control setting -- things I thought would be normal in a standard room. It also had the advantage of a slight sea view. I had hoped they would upgrade me for free or at a big discount, since several rooms were empty anyway and I'd had two terrible nights' sleep, but they wanted the rack rate to change and demanded payment before moving my things. Fortunately they agreed to a small discount to compensate for the discomfort, but there's no reason to make the standard rooms so uncomfortable in the first place. These issues can be fixed with a small investment by the hotel.
Bottom line: affordable, decent place to stay if you book a higher grade of room.

Room Tip: Don't get a standard room - superior or deluxe only are worth the money.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank star33p
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

To start i would like to thank all the hotel staff special mention to "Tin" for a great job well done!!!
I'm so excited to write my review for MR HOLIDAY because when i was reading all the reviews prior our visit it sounded to me like too good to be true. But very helpful.

And now... it all came to a conclusion of a beautiful experience me and my little family had during our stay in Boracay MR Holiday.

Been to bora several times but my experience this visit was so
awesome. The location is so perfect.
The hotel is not that expensive. everything is with in reach. They have this store where u can buy water, chips etc. You can go back and forth to your rooms anytime since its like 20 steps away from the powdery sand and water. You can stay all day in there beach beds if u want. which i did.

I love the pizza from beach bites tried 3 flavors and everthing taste so delicious. kasbah morocco restuarant is just beside Mr. Holiday, a must try resto and one of boracay highlight resto in bora. Try their frozen mint ice tea and their hot mint tea also so flavorful and mouthwatering.

To sum it up....wonderful vacation and unforgettable experience.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

In a spur of the moment, because of a good friend's wedding, I was forced to find an affordable place in Station One. So I looked and looked and found this hotel. I have to say the stay was worth it. Every time I text them about something, they would reply right away. When we finally got there through Sea Wind, JP was there waiting for us to carry our bags. The hotel is not exactly at the beach front but it's only a few steps away. It's a real plus that the hotel is right beside Discovery Shores too! The two double bed room we got at the second floor was clean and made up, no funky smells and no mosquitoes the whole time we were there. The small airconditioner was really cold but temp was adjustable. They provide bath amenities such as towels, shampoo and soap. You also have a fridge in the room which is pretty rare for a budget hotel in Boracay. As mentioned already by others here, the staff is great! Lea, Ann and the others were very accommodating to our requests such as early check in (we arrived at 830am and our room was ready!), we asked for an iron, and also allowed us to check out late! They also set up your sun chair at the beach front and provide beach towels. The free breakfast was ok, it wasn't anything great though I enjoyed the pancake. At night, the area is quiet so you're sure to have a good night's rest. Oh and they can serve food to your room too. There was a balcony but not much to see except the side of Discovery Shores. They also provide a cabinet to hang your clothes, with hangers as well as a safe to keep your valuables. They change your towels every day and fix your room. There's wifi but sometimes it was weak in our room so you have to go down to get more signal. They also provide transfer services and are very very prompt! All in all it was a great experience for us and will definitely come back to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family