“What an awesome experience”
Review of Boracay Beach Club

Boracay Beach Club
Ranked #8 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
CA
“What an awesome experience”
Reviewed 18 October 2009

My friend and I stayed in Rm 301. Beautiful room. BBC employess are courteous, friendly and "honest". I left my camera at the front beach and it was returned to me by one of the employees. "keep up the good work". Mimie and Ariel, the owners, are super accommodating. We were treated like family. Food is excellent. Compliment to the chef. Love you guys! See you next time...I miss Boracay and the BBC crew already...LIFE IS GOOD!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Buruanga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Guam
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Feel the warm local hospitality and superb accomodation and exceptional guest service at Boracay Beach Club. Ideal for families and single travelers-highly recommended. Very good airconditioning unit, tv and the little comforts that make a hotel a true home-away from home. One thing I like most is the scenery at the ariels point-where you can take the time and escape with a purpose. Thank you Mimie for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank jasminemaree
Moalboal, Cebu
Reviewed 10 October 2009

The staff of this hotel was very, very good. The booking process, the airport transfers, the receptionists, the wait staff, everyone was top notch. They even arranged for flowers in our room on arrival for my new bride. The only exception was the night we ordered room service and had to wait 90 minutes for our meal.

What disappointed me was the size of the hotel. I just expected bigger, and if you like small and quaint, don't be discouraged by my review. The rooms were small, the dining area is small, the pool is small... everything is small.

I was also disappointed by the beachfront "Ariel's House." I expected a luxurious beachfront club atmosphere but it wasn't nice enough to even tempt us to use it. The beach furniture is a very cheap plastic design used at the most modest hotels in the Philippines. Something a LOT more upscale would help considerably.

Overall, a nice hotel, but when we go back next time we will try something else. Next time we will also select something ON the beach instead of across the street.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Moalboal_Tall_Guy
Chicago
Reviewed 4 October 2009

My fiancé and I vacationed with my parents and my sister and her husband. It was a dream vacation. The staff is so warm, friendly, and polite. I felt like we were hosted by family; their genuine care for your happiness and satisfaction blew us away. I have traveled around the world for business and I have never felt as comfortable and welcome as I did in the Philippines and especially at Boracay Beach Club.

The rooms were clean and well worth the value and the location was superb. The beaches are breathtaking and the food spectacular.

And when we wanted a private dinner with our own personalized menu, my parents went shopping at the seafood market and the hotel cooked the food however we wanted it. For a reasonable fee, they created our own private rooftop restaurant where my family dined privately with wait service overlooking the ocean. It was like a dream.

The entire staff was so gracious when we tipped them, you just wanted to tip them more. Rarely, have I wittnessed such gratitude.

Boracay is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. White sands, clear waters, gorgeous weather...and most importantly, the service and the people are world-class.

Amazing value for everything.

I can't wait to visit again!

Oh, at one point, my dad needed to leave the island for last-minute meeting, the manager and the staff worked with all the airlines until they had an option for him. Incredible how they went above and beyond for EVERYTHING.

Thank you Boracay Beach Club!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank WorldsieTravelsie
Singapore
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Normally when I read scathing reviews I assume they are written by the type of person who would never be happy with anything. However in the case of this hotel there is no other option.

Having booked this hotel over the net and based on some positive reviews I was shocked at the state of this place. It had obviously been allowed to run down very quickly. Walking into the reception / dining area it reeked of mold and mildew. Walking out to the courtyard one of the double glass doors was broken and boarded up. The staircase leading up to the room also had a broken window in it. Arriving in our supposed suite (the tiniest I have ever seen) we discovered the only view was over what appeared to be someones backyard rubbish tip.

We checked out immediately and went and found another hotel, Fridays, which was lovely although relatively expensive by SEAsia standards.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
8 Thank magpie71
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We risked heading to Boracay in September for 9 nights and we had really bad weather for the first 5 days. But that didn't really matter as we used this time to check out the island, eat, sleep and relax with daily massages and pedicures. The final 4 days were magic with not a cloud in the sky.

Boracay Beach Club is in a perfect location I think, not too far to D'mall and in a pretty quiet spot, we walked along the beach to get everywhere. The rooms are basic but have all you need, aircon, pay tv, nice bathroom, comfy bed. Staff are very friendly and will do anything for you, food in the restaraunt is basic but nice.

I would definately reccommend this place to others!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rbellaj
Toronto
Reviewed 16 September 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Boracay Beach Club with the Adventure Package, we had such a great time because of Boracay Beach Club.
We were picked up by one of the workers, Jeffrey who was very helpful and told us the great spots on Boracay. Leahlyn, the front desk representative was very helpful and sweet, always had a smile. We checked in very early, around 8am and they already had a room available for us to stay it. The room was great! Clean and modern.
Service was top notch in Boracay Beach Club, if you order a drink, they won't make you wait for it, they will drop it off to where you're going... the pool, the beach, the room... almost anywhere! The food was great! My boyfriend missed the breakfast when we came back.
We stayed in off-season... so we practically had the hotel to ourselves, the pool was well kept and usually empty and the beach is just a walk away and there were always lounge chairs to relax on.
The locations was pretty good, a bit of a walk from the busy strip Station 2&3 and D'Mall... but not far at all. And it was right beside a club if you are into dancing, lounging and enjoy cheap drinks! The club noise didn't filter in the hotel though which was great. And it was also located in Station 1, near the beautiful and quiet resorts. So staying there was taking in the best of both worlds!
Some suggestions when staying in Boracay Beach Club. If you want to take in the Adventure Package, its a good deal. But you can also just book the nightly rate and if you walk down the beach, there are tons of people who can give great discounts on activities such as parasailing, reef-walking, bananaboating, atv-ing and paraw, some may get nervous doing so, but my boyfriend and I got really lucky and had amazing discounts on activities, he also took pictures of us while we were doing the activities! You will also find endless amounts of food in Boracay, so don't limit yourself to just one place. Friday's Restaurant at the resort was great! And Jonah's Milkshake was awesome.
I'm planning to go back to BBC next year because of the great service, it was definitely the highlight of our Philippine trip partly due to the impeccable service! Thank you to the workers who made it a great vacation!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple