“Fantastic little haven - friendly, small and professional”
Review of Boracay Beach Club

Boracay Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Our little group of 3 adults and 2 very young kids (11 m.o. and 3 y.o.) stayed for nearly 2 weeks. All of the staff were amazing. Our little boy of 11 months was a minor celebrity, and we felt very welcome for the entire stay. Beautiful spot and would recommend this to couples, families etc...

Boracay is of course quite amazing in many ways, the diving, the beach, the food, the locals, etc attract people from all over the world...BBC is a haven perfectly positioned to take advantage of all of this. The hotel is very good value, which meant that we could stay for a little longer as well...

BBC's location also meant that within 1 minute walk, there was an amazing massage / spa place with full body deep tissue massages, extremely efficient laundry (important with little kids !), a western trained medical centre (again important for the little ones if they get sick) and numerous restaurants...so you are not at all "chained" to the resort, although the quality of the BBC restaurant / beach bar was extremely good also...

Only minor issue was the shooters bar 3 doors down that sometimes played music at bone cracking intensity, and the occasional fellow holidaymaker having a long drunken conversation in the hallway in the early morning - woke us up a little during the nights but overall, no big deal and wouldn't detract from the hotel rating of "excellent". Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank HelloTiger75

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Was our second time around visiting Boracay and of course we would look no further than staying at our favourite hotel BBC. Mimi and Ariel along with their friendly staff never seem to disappoint. These guys will truly make you feel at home. Located at Station 1 its the ideal location for all travellers of any age and close to everything. My son absolutely loves this place and would return in a hearbeat. Loved the yummy breakfast served each morning and the fruit cocktails which was so addictive!! And most of all I loved the beds so comfy with high thread cotton! I can guarantee that you wont be disspointed this hotel has all you need for a perfect getaway.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cars2001
Reviewed 20 February 2011

My boyfriend and I headed to Boracay Island in the Philippines for his sister's wedding in February of 2011. Our room reservations were at another hotel on the island which we were not happy with after staying there for two days. There was no hot water, the pressure from the water we did have was awful, the bathroom flooded, there was a team of cockroaches in our room who they followed us to the next room when the staff moved us, and the beds were foam on wood. The people at the hotel were very nice, but we really needed a hotel that would better suit our needs for feeling clean when we came back to our room and allowing us to prepare for the formal events that we were to attend in conjunction with the wedding...Thank God for Mimi and the Boracay Beach Club!

Many of the other wedding party participants were staying at The Boracay Beach Club (aka BBC) and we had been meeting up with them at BBC before we would head out for daily events. We felt very welcome at the hotel, even though we were not staying there, because the staff had learned the wedding was taking place and they seemed to be almost as excited as we were about the upcoming event. We spoke with Mimi, the owner of BBC, and told her we wanted to leave the hotel we were staying at and that we were shopping Station 1 for another hotel who could house us at for an affordable price. Mimi had her staff check room availability and offered to take us in a price that was music to our ears.

Our room was beautiful. Clean, plenty of room, bottled water (tip: only drink filtered &bottled water in Phils), working shower with plenty of pressure and hot water, a bidet (which thoroughly entertained my BF and his brother), wifi, Cable TV, and air conditioning. The pool is perfect when you need a clean break from the salt water with great lounge chairs and a few shaded sitting areas surrounding for a quick nap or a massage. The restaurant at the hotel offered delicious cuisine for great prices. We had a ton of pineapple and mango shakes :) The beach is across the tricycle road which is about 20ft away and there are tons of "discos", bars, and restaurants to chill at day or night. Station 1 is very calm and cool, just down the sand you will get to many shops restaurant’]s and places for banana boating, parasailing, jet skiing, paddle boarding, and many other activities to keep adults and or kids entertained. We were soooooo entertained and so sad when we had to leave.

I think the most amazing thing about our stay however, was the staff. From Mimi the owner, to the security guards who greeted you every time you walked in, to the guys and girls who worked the front desk and restaurant we felt so welcomed and taken care of the entire time we were there. The staff really sums up the epitome of Filippino hospitality. My boyfriend got very sick for a few days while we were there (not because of BBC) and by the time the staff found out the owner was checking in with me every time she saw me to see if he needed anything or was feeling any better. In fact, one of the nights he was sick and called down for dinner and Mimi answered the phone and turned into "Tita Mimi" in an instant. He tried to order a pineapple shake, but since he was having stomach issues she refused to give it to him and offered an array of other beverages which would better suit his symptoms. That really cracked me up.

BBC also owns "Ariel's Point" which is an adventure in itself. Anyone is allowed to do it for basically $25. You take a very cool boat to an island that has cliff jumping platforms from 19ft, 23ft, and 42ft. There is no limit to drinks, food, or fun. They cook up a great BBQ on the island and served fresh melon juice as well. Google Ariel's Point and check out the photos and adventure you can have.

When our party left BBC we took pictures with Mimi and the staff who were so helpful and gracious to us the entire time we were there. It was truly a great stay and I would not ever stay anywhere else on Boracay. Many thanks to BBC and Staff!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mollz427
Reviewed 1 February 2011

What an amazing place! I was absolutely blown away by the hospitality, availability and kindness of the owners, Ariel and his wife Mimi, and all of the staff. I was there for 9 days over Xmas and all of the guests were treated to a Xmas dinner including full roast pig. We were even invited to the staff Xmas party which was a blast! The beds were comfortable, the shower was hot, the food was great. Wi-fi was also reliable and they have a couple of computer stations in the restaurant for the guests to use. The beach of course was spectacular and only a 7 min. beach walk to Station 2. In short, every effort was made to make our stay enjoyable. I'll definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank rosem10
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Awesome hospitality. Ariel and his wife (the owners), were always around the property and were always making sure me and my wife were having a good time. For valentines day they provided a free dinner for everyone at the hotel that included a lecheon (roast pig). The room was awesome, clean and huge. We were lucky to have a room with a balcony and a view of the pool and ocean. Breakfast every morning on the beach included. The beach was right across the street and the hotel has it's own beach front area with bar. Ariel's point was awesome if you are adventurous and want to jump off a forty foot cliff into the open ocean. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank filam567
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Boracay is such a beautiful place,crystal clear water and the finest white sand beach. What makes it better, is to be able to stay in a place that enables you to enjoy and explore all the things it offers. BBC, a quiet and cozy resort, located just across the beach on station 1 is a place I would highly recommend to anyone that would like to visit Boracay. We stayed in room 209, it got two decent size beds and spacious enough to squeeze in 5 people. Facilities are clean and the staff are very friendly. Resort is well secured with the presence of guards 24/7. Forget island hopping instead, go to Ariel's point and if you dare try the cliff diving.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bnlunasin
Reviewed 24 January 2011

My wife and I chose Boracay Beach Club for our honeymoon simply because they have been regarded in the online community as one of the best hotels in Boracay. After my stay I could be almost certain they are the BEST for several reasons below:

1. Value for Money (especially the packages they offer)
2. The Most Courteous, Efficient, and Capable Staff
3. Spacious and very clean rooms
4. Non-stop fun with all the activities they can offer you
5. MOST importantly the owners were incredibly nice enough to meet us in person and ask us how our stay was and if they could do anything to make it more pleasant. They are one of the nicest and most accommodating people I have met in Boracay and Ariel's wife Mimi even offered us some sandwiches to take with us on our trip back home - very sweet lady indeed.

Anyway my wife and I had a very nice and relaxing experience. The beach front where they had a restaurant was very cozy as we sat under umbrellas and just enjoyed our free drinks (that came with our package) as we watched a very picturesque view of the white sand and crystal clear blue waters. The resort was also very conveniently located in Station 1 away from the hustle and bustle of the Boracay crowd in Station 2, but also a very short walking distance to all the happening places and shops in the latter Station.

On our 3rd day and final night in the beach we joined a fun group for an adventure trip to the famous and fast-becoming popular Ariel's Point. I personally had the experience of a lifetime jumping off a 45ft cliff into the ocean water. It was exhilarating and definitely a unique experience in Boracay. I would recommend doing the dive before the sumptuous lunch and snorkeling just around the side of the cliff after eating. All-in-all this was one of my best boracay experiences ever. I would definitely recommended Boracay Beach Club to my friends and would definitely come back next time. Thanks for everything Ariel and Mimi - wishing you more success with your plans!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple