“Accommodating beach front hotel”

La Isla Bonita Resort
Ranked #83 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed 3 nights at la isla with gf booked via Online Travel Agency. This hotel is located between station 2 & 3 facing the beach. Quiet location, and very accessible.

Check in was quick, our room was located on the 2nd floor, marble aircond category if I remember correctly. Hotel exterior looks typical with warm color theme, tidy and not bad for a budget accommodation.

Room: the room was okay,not too big neither too small, it has small balcony facing another block of the hotel, the weird thing I found about this room is there was a huge hollow/opening between bedroom and the bathroom top side of the wall, not too sure what's the purpose but it allows odour from the bathroom especially after some loo business makes the whole unit smell unpleasant. The decor and amenities was average and the aircond location is rather odd and misplaced. No wifi available at room, only at reception FOC with average speed.

Bathroom/Toilet: It smells like public toilet, and what made worst is the hollow on top of the wall. Smell spread like an outbreak after use.

Breakfast: Well, not worth mentioning at all.

The name of the hotel, the theme it holds, the service is not the right impression when we stayed there. Since we spent most times outside the room so nothing much to comment on the staff and service. If you just need a place to crash I guess you wont really mind the the small small things, the price speaks for it self.

Room Tip: get rooms near reception area where wifi is available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TJAbdul
There are newer reviews for La Isla Bonita Resort

Reviewed 26 October 2012

We've stayed here about 3 days and 2 nights...the place was so very relaxing and excellent location because it was near in the beach...the staffs here is nice and very accomodating...the rooms are clean and very affordable for those who brings their family... Our vacation was too short but i can say that this hotel is the most relaxinghotel., thankyou to the staff who gave us a good accomodation... See you again...

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Unfortunately we had to move to this place for the last night of our stay from the fully booked Best Western Boracay Tropics resort. And what a shock this was: small and shabby room, old and very loud aircon, unhelpful staff, not too clean bathroom and this all for almost the same price as the clean, nice and quiet Best Western with lovely staff. It felt like a proper rip off. My advise - look for other accommodation on the island, there are plenty of much better choices for the price of this "hotel".

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CZE-Traveller
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights on a diving trip to the island. I think the name of this place generates the wrong ex[pectations. This hotel is more of a pension (as they call them in europe) not a resort. The staff are super nice, always happy to assist and the location is well away from the hussle and bussle of station1 - 2nd the hordes of tourists there (evn in the OFF season). It is a good 20min walk to the 'Mall"and all the shops. A nice quiet place to stay here, for the money and staff when i return to Borocay i will stay here again. Its true that the rooms do vary, and mine did smell musty (but i left the windows open anyway. I idnt have A/C but that was good because i didnt want to run the risk of getting a cold when i was there for the diving! The breakfast could do with a lot of improvement - i bought my own fruits from the markets. i reccomend eating out at DTalipapa where you can buy fresh/live seafood and have it cooked up at the restaurants adjacent to this wet market. i ate there often it was fantastic. Also get yourself a HaloHalo at the Talipapa from a little stall right near the main rd entrance - unbelievably good. For eating out try the Big Smoke eatery right up the back of DMall near the main rd - the best philippino food i had on the island :) Oh and the diving was SPECTACULAR - big thanks to Calypso Dive :) Many thanks to the wonderful staff of Isla Bonita - April, Babelene, Flor, Robelyn, Carol, "Vanessa' and Cheryl.

Room Tip: I like the second floor rooms with a little verandah and tables to chill out on
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank David S
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I did not stay in this hotel. But I guess that's a good thing. I was on the stage of inquiring for rooms. After browsing their website, I asked through email whether they can come up with a package for my group. I received their reply with the list of their room rates, which I already saw on their website, and bunch of self-promoting paragraphs on why I should consider their resort.

I sent again another email. This time, basing on their promo package listed on their website, I particularly asked for some adjustments to fit the needs of my group. As another option, I also picked a room from the list of regular rates and asked that to be adjusted for my group. Then I also asked them to describe their about to be completed swimming pool.

What I received later is their short response saying that their promo package is only available during the low season. That's it! No other explanations or mention about my other questions. So I thought that if by email they cannot attend to my inquiries, what more if my group were already there?

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jmrolls
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I was appauled the first day as I entered my superior room upstairs room. I was greeted by mosquitos, an air conditioned room that was just a fan, a cold drip of a shower and a flithy floor. In their defernce they did give me a hugh can of mosquito repellent. The location on Station 3 was good. After a disgusting breakfast and my daughter arriving from Oz I saw her room, nice - not bad at all and $10 less!!! I wanted to change and got a somewhat better room downstairs and - well I had hot water and it was cleaner, still at superior rates.
So watch out, it all depends on the room - I wish I could remember the good room number. Unbelievably it had a brown corner bath in it. However, it was hotter than hell with just a fan and somewhat musty.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed 3 July 2012

we paid 8k for 3 days 2 nights stay ,we got room 304 the room was falling apart, insects were falling from the bathroom ceiling, water costs 50 pesos, wifi costs 200 pesos, heater and aircon , we had to remind the staff twice to turn them on, it was horrible, continental breakfast consisted off 2 dry pieces of bread butter and sour mango! horrid! we should have stuck with casa fiesta in station 1, our friends got to stay there for 7k for 5 days! free water, wifi, heater and flat screen tv with cable! money wasted in la isla bonita!

• Stayed: July 2012