“Mmmm... mixed feelings”

Two Seasons Boracay Resort
Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I have stayed at 2seasons before and loved it... see previous review.
The hotel is fab, small and intimate, nice layout, great suites esp the the sea view..!
The buffet breaky was mmmm yummy, good selection of Filipino and European options.

The majority of staff were very friendly and helpful, but the checkout was a disaster, they treated us like we were at boot camp... militant bellhop knocking on the door at 12 noon sharp chasing us out the room..!! My wife was inside getting changed, and despite me telling him this, he still insisted coming in... bloody nerve... it was only when I threatened him with violence that he backed down. Well you can imagine, I was furious and vented at the reception desk..!!
I hope this was an isolated incident and really hope they have put that bellhop on latrine cleaning duties till he learns some groveling servility and manners..!!

Good beach hotel, good location, easy, comfortable, clean, quite hip and happening if thats your kind of thing.
Avoid during bank holiday weekends, it is heaving, which is not a bad thing if you're looking for some action...

Would recommend... but a nightmare to make an advanced reservation, geez..!?

Room Tip: Suite - sea view..!!
5  Thank JoeOutAndAbout

Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

Clean, new, enough storage spaces, good beds. Stayed in the family suite which was very roomy even for 9 people incl an extra bed. It has an inner room where snorers or babies or special people can sleep, apart from the rest. Only 1 t&b but toilet is separate fr bathroom and sink so 3 people can use at the same time. Was also not a problem for us as we just stayed in the pool while waiting for our turn to bathe. Drying racks in every room.
Our rm was nr the back of the resort but just a short walk to white beach. Station 1 is the best part of the beach yet resort is not too far fr where most of the action and nightlife is.
Can't remember anything special on the service but our entire stay went without a hitch. They also have free shuttle service to go around in.
Bfast was nothing special but they had a good selection.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank pblanche
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed 11 nights in April/May and had a very enjoyable stay.

Staff where very pleasant and obliging.

The standard of the Hotel although small was very clean and well run.

Breakfast was fine more suited to Philippinos ( who were the Majority of guests) but more then enough for our western tastes...egg chef ..cereals..fruit.bacon etc. Congee the best I have ever tasted.

Room even thou it was on the small side.. there was plenty of storage and drawers.

Happy hour from 1-6pm.. only suggestion more beach umberallas as the broken ones don't seem to be fixed or replaced.

We will be back

6  Thank Welltraveledtt
Reviewed 8 May 2012

stayed here a couple of times already..great location and the staff and service has always been great :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank mnl_grl
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Just returned from a five-night stay at the Two Seasons -- and must have been the person that took Room 105 after the previous reviewer, mrscalara!

Overall really pleased... I did a lot of research before choosing the resort, wanting to find somewhere both with direct access to the beach and slightly indulgent. Two Seasons ultimately provided both. Agree with mrscalara's view on the room itself - bit plain but good. Service in the resort was always excellent, food was fine, Caticlan=>Boracay transfers organized and executed smoothly and with no probs.

Thought I might be able to add value on two points...

1) WIFI: Yup - it *is* slow but found it fine myself for the limited outside-world access I was after! Forewarned by other comments, I bought a v cheap, pocket-sized personal router and using a LAN cable borrowed from Reception to create my own wireless access point for the room. Made downloading 'Economist' magazine, newspapers, etc a bit easier.

2) CROWDS: Noted the comments of a previous reviewers here... If you are looking for any kind of relaxation, you deffo want to be down at Station 1 during the day. There are only 15 or so sunbeds outside so I always used to be out early to nab one not already occupied or more usually 'reserved-with-towel' (doncha hate that!!??). You have the sunglasses/hats/ice-cream hawkers down outside the Two Seasons but a much smaller volume that up at hectic Station 2/D'Mall, etc. I found the evenings surprisingly busy too -- but think that it was especially so over the Labour Day weekend both myself and reviewer happy_mommytraveler were there. I thought I'd walked out into a US-style 'Spring Break' on the first night (04/30/12) with the virtual rave going on at the next-door property!! But it did calm down a bit over subsequent nights,... But with a happy hour that starts at 13:00 and the 'must see the sunset' beach-traffic on fabulous White Beach, it's always going to be busy spot.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Would recommend to others without hesitation. A great option for those Boracay-bound...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank HKOracle
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Together with my husband, we stayed at Two Seasons from May 5-7.

Upon landing in Kalibo, we had to wait for approximately 20 minutes to get our pre-booked transfers going (through Southwest). The entire road trip took approximately 2 hours. Didn't expect it to be that long. Upon arrival at the port, we were whisked towards Fairways and Bluewater where the Two Seasons private ferry was waiting. The staff waiting for us was very cordial and apologetic for the delay from Southwest. Upon arrival at Boracay Island, a mini-van quickly brought us to the resort.

The Two Seasons' welcome drink was delicious. Check-in was a breeze as the room was pre-paid in Manila.

We stayed in Room 105, a deluxe room. Sadly, the resort was fully booked so we couldn't avail of a Junior Suite. I must say however that the Deluxe Room that we stayed in was well worth it. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Although there was no window view (the only window faced the hallway), the beautiful, wide-spaced bathroom made up for it. A rock garden inside the bathroom made the overall bathing experience indulgent.

There is an acceptable range of breakfast fare. On our first day, there was sweet tocino, sausage, and ginisang tuna. On our second day, they had crispy bacon, danggit, and corned beef. All best paired with garlic rice. You can also have your eggs cooked the way you want it at their Egg station. Staples such as juice, bread, cheese platter, and fresh fruits were also available.

We were told that the Margarita Pizza and the Oyster Sisig were the crowd favorite at the Bar Lo restaurant, we had that for dinner on the 2nd night and it did not disappoint at all. Portions were big; took home half of the pizza. The mojitos were said to be delish but didn't drink during the entire trip as hubby and I were trying to be "healthy".

We booked a paraw trip (Php 900) as well as helmet diving (Php 700 per pax) through the resort. We also enjoyed a massage (Php 500 per pax) in the room. Also found out that they lent DVDs for free since every room had DVD players. Definitely, all worth it!

The resort also had a shuttle service that easily dropped us off at D'Mall.

The beach per se was very clean. We didn't swim during the day though as there were a lot of people (from station 2 and 3) walking to and fro. Did night swimming though and the warm waters of Boracay felt great.

We weren't able to swim in the pool due to lack of time. Some of the rooms conveniently had doors that led straight into the pool. As it was not deep, it made itself very child friendly.

We will definitely come back here. Just wished we could have stayed longer. The entire trip was a definite indulgence within reach.

5  Thank mrscalara
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We liked the hotel's modern zen feel. The colors (in and out of the room) are subdued and very relaxing. Not sure how old the hotel is, but it definitely feels new. Rooms are clean and well-maintained. We were a party of 6 so the family suite with 3 queen beds was perfect. We stayed in room 211 during the first 2 nights (2nd floor with a veranda overlooking the pool) and in room 110 during the 3rd night (1st floor right beside the pool). My advise to those thinking of getting the pool access suites - it's not worth the premium. It's nice but there isn't much advantage in staying there. First of all, there is a total lack of privacy because people are swimming most of the time. We ended up not lifting our blinds the whole time. Actually, it's the same thing when you're on the second floor because there is some construction beside the hotel, but at least you don't get disturbed so much by kids shouting and playing in the pool. You also hear people walking and talking along the hallway on the first floor. The advantage of the second floor suite is that there is a veranda where you can hang your wet clothes to dry. In both rooms, aircon was good. We liked it that there was a separate room for 1 queen bed, but the TV was quite small in that room. In room 211, the TV had poor cable reception. Bathroom fixtures are excellent. For room 110 though, the bathroom had a smell coming from the floor drain (I think). Good we only stayed there for 1 night.

As for the staff, they are all very cheerful, courteous and helpful. Everyone greets you with a smile when they see you. Breakfast was always a mix of Filipino and continental. The usual fare of bread, cereals, yummy garlic rice, bacon cooked to a crisp, noodles, congee and fried fish. We enjoyed the food very much. The pool was nothing great but our kids loved it.

What we didn't like about the place is that the beach front is quite narrow. The beach chairs are few (relative to the number of hotel guests) and ALWAYS occupied. The other thing is that we booked the hotel because it's supposed to be on the quiet side of the beach. In the morning, it is, but in the late afternoons towards the evening, it gets really crowded with young people partying and just hanging around. We were there for 3 nights but not once were we able to have dinner in the hotel's restaurant as it was always packed with a drinking crowd. One time in the evening we were swimming in the pool with our little daughter and we had to leave because a young couple started making out in the pool!! Another thing I didn't like (but its only very minor) is that the only way from the back gate of the hotel to the lobby/rooms is through a sloping bridge which was quite difficult for my 75 year old parents to climb. It's also difficult when you're wearing sandals so I always ended up climbing it barefoot to avoid slipping.

Over all, I'd still say the hotel is great, but I'd be willing to try other hotels when we go back.

Room Tip: If getting a family suite by the pool, get a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family