“Small But Great”

Ranked #30 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Small But Great”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel is located at the North end of the island. The property itself is small, but it packs a lot. The property has a restaurant, bar and swimming pool. We had a nice balcony that was pleasant to stay on and watch the beach. You are steps away from the warm water, yet it is the quiet side of the island. That being said, you are steps away from not only the water, but from the busy part of the island with its night life and restaurants. It was a great hotel to stay in. It is comfortable with a helpful staff and great location. The rooms are medium sized, but if you are planning on staying in your room for your visit, then do not go to Boracay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The place is decent compared to other hotels in Boracay. I am really impressed with the team work of the staff. They really showed the true meaning of Filipino hospitality.
The food is a so so for me. Overrated 4 cheese pizza and oyster sisig though but I did enjoy the buy one take one happy hour drinks.
I will surely come back to this place.
Great Job!

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at this resort with my girlfriend in mid April for 6 days (5 nights). Since we had a very good experience when we stayed there in November 2012, we decided to book this hotel again. Upon arriving, we were notified that we had been upgraded from a Seaview Room to their presidential suite - Suite Heaven. We were ecstatic and couldn't believe our luck! The next morning when we were about to head out, we discovered that around USD 80 and PHP 3000 that we had left in our luggage had been stolen! The thief was clever because he/she only took part of it perhaps hoping that we wouldn't notice. We immediately alerted the front desk and they said they would look into it. In the afternoon, the lady at the front desk brought up a member of their housekeeping staff and said he was the only person that had been in our room the previous day and that he didn't take the money. She told us to ask him ourselves which he of course denied it and that was the end of it. We had mixed feelings after the incident, on the one hand we were thrilled that we had been upgraded, but on the other hand it feels bad to have something stolen from you. Given a choice, I would much rather have stayed in a Seaview room and not have experienced this whole incident.
We don't know if it was a member of their staff or someone from the outside that came in our room and stole our money. Either case, the hotel should really tighten their security and educate their employees. I'm just glad that our passports and most of our money were locked in the safe that day or who knows how much more our lost could have been.
Apart from this experience, the wi-fi reception in our room was poor and the only place with a strong signal was near the reception desk. I would also not recommend traveling to Boracay in April since the weather is unstable(we had 2 rainy days, 2 cloudy days and 2 sunny days) and the sea is full of seaweed/algae so it's like swimming in spinach soup. The last time we went there in the end of November the weather was very nice and beach conditions were great.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hlin32
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 24 July 2014

WHY? I'm nobody but thank you Two Seasons Resorts for making my Boracay experience...AWESOME!

A-ll you need is to go to Two Seasons Resort bar and restaurant if you want to have a nice meal. I choose to try all those “chef recommended” and it was fantastic! And for the first time in my life, crocodile meat! Good experience! I’ll have that meat again, Two Seasons.

W-ish my family was there also because I see those kids playing and having fun on that freshwater wading pool just near the family room.

E-njoyed that “below zero” beer while relaxing on that beach just in front of you. No worries to get drunk then my wallet or my mobile phones might get lost, Thanks to their 24-hour security camera system.

S-ide seeing at the 20-meter koi pond coz I love fish!

O-h! That mind-boggling slipper… which I have to figure out how to wear it. Nice!

M-inutes to check my emails with their Free Wi-Fi Internet connection.

E-xcellent tropical island vacation experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PH0DY
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. Staff very friendly. Food was relatively Ok. Great view and the time my wife and I went, not too many people. Also noticed that the staff always made it a point to clean their beach front every morning. This is our new favorite hotel in Boracay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough great things about our recent stay @ Two Seasons from June 20-July 6, 2014. From the moment we arrived @ the Caticlan Airport we were promptly greeted by the 2 transfer drivers from the resort & from then on we didn't have to worry about our luggage & transfers via air conditioned van, resort boat & another air conditioned van to resort once on Boracay. The whole process went flawlessly & I highly recommend booking their transfer service along w/ your room reservation & avoid any hassles.

Upon arrival @ the resort & crossing over the picturesque bridge we were warmly greeted & presented w/ welcome drinks by Danilo & the lovely assistants @ the Reception desk who remained professional, friendly & helpful during the duration of our stay always smiling!

Our group was comprised of my husband & myself, son, daughter-in-law & 2 1/2 year old granddaughter. We had the Grand Family Suite w/ Pool Access & it surpassed our expectations in spaciousness, design & convenience of direct entrance into the shallow pool. Huge bathroom w/ lots of storage.

The restaurant lived up to all the reviews we read beforehand. Daily buffet breakfast was excellent w/ lots of hot & cold choices & great omelette station. The 4-cheese pizza was fantastic as was the Oyster Sigsig. We were never disappointed w/ our meal choices & everything was very reasonably priced for such good quality & presentation. Kudos to the chef & his team who went out of their way to make sure we were happy w/ the food! The entire wait staff was also extremely attentive & friendly.

There were plenty of comfy lounge chairs w/umbrellas on the beachfront just steps away from the most incredible warm aqua water on the planet! The beach attendant always had our 4 front row chairs waiting for us every morning! And a BIG thank you to Danilo who waited until the very end of our stay to put up the storm barriers as to not obstruct the view of the beach & water!

Only negative was the sketchy wi-fi & the constant having to re-log in but we always managed to get connected eventually w/ help from their IT staff.

This was not our first trip to Boracay but our first stay @ Two Seasons & it won't be our last! Every single staff member we encountered was beyond friendly, courteous & kind & made our vacation an absolute dream!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank discocat77
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This resort is actually very good. While it's a rather small resort, it was enough to fit my needs for a short holiday in Boracay. There are, however, some points for major improvement.

Firstly, the pickup. I landed in Kalibo, so transport was needed to get to Caticlan. I had liaised with a Ms April many times to make such arrangements and pay the extra, but I was never once informed that the transport is not private, but shared with a whole bus-ful of other tourists who landed in Kalibo. It was only upon arrival and my friends and I ushered along to the bus, that we realized what we were in for. Not that the bus was not comfortable, but it would've certainly been nice to know what to expect. That was, I feel, a slip-up in Two Season's reservation services.

Upon arrival at Caticlan, we were then kindly informed by another Two Seasons staff that private transfer arrangements can be made for an additional PHP 2500, which we eventually did. I didn't get his name, but thank you for that info anyway.

The resort itself, when we got there, was not too bad. But too much of it seemed to be exposed to the elements, which I acutely felt because it was pouring when we got there. The wind was howling and we were three very cold, wet girls as we stood at the reception doing our check-in. The worst part was that we had to go back the way we came in, over the silly, much-too-steep bridge built over the swimming pool, to get to our room 213, which is just right inside the main entrance. I must just say again, that bridge may have been a (failed) attempt at a nice touch, but it's too steep and not fun to walk over when it's wet and slippery.

Now, the room we had was the family suite, and that's just fantastic. Very spacious and clean, and all amenities more than we could've asked for. But WiFi in the room was terrible. It being weak and intermittent was annoying enough, but what made it even more annoying is that they keep logging you out after say, one night of sleep, and then after 48 hours you have to get a new password from them. It is absolutely ridiculous. How many passwords do I need anyway? In fact, in the first place, why is there a 48-hour limit on the WiFi, after which a new login is required, which I have to get from the front desk? Are you expecting all your guests to stay only 48 hours with you? If not, why do you create such trouble for your guests?

During our stay, there was a typhoon warning and the weather was terrible. I think because of that, there were several power trips. Just on our first night alone, I believe there were at least more than 5 power trips throughout the night. But to their credit, Two Seasons have their backup generator and usually the power comes back on after about a minute at most.

Well, for the price and the rooms of this resort, I would come back. But if price is not a factor, I'll probably be checking out other resorts the next time, in search of better WiFi and better resort layouts.

Room Tip: If you don't mind walking outdoors or being near to the Main Road, Room 213 (family suite) is ri...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
TwoSeasonsRes0rts, Resort Manager at Two Seasons Boracay Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dearest Shirls B,

Warmest greetings from the No. 1 Boutique Resort in the island of Boracay,, Two Seasons!

Kindly accept my sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences you had experienced while you'’re on a holiday with us. It is with further regret that most of your concerns were attributed to the Super Typhoon (International Name: Neoguri) which had directly affected Boracay's WiFi connection, telecommunication and power. These are circumstances we unfortunately have no hold over, but we always provide and perform the best we can under these. Thus, we sincerely request for your kind understanding on these matters ...

Further to this, we genuinely appreciate and are addressing all the other points you’'ve raised, as we simply desire to provide you only the best of Two Seasons.

It is of significant importance for us to know that you find the resort desirable to your very discerning taste. We consider the size of the resort a huge advantage, as this allow us to endow you with a highly personalized and dedicated guest service. Moreover, we are absolutely delighted that you had taken notice of our ever-efficient two back-up generators, which guarantees uninterrupted power supply for the comfort and convenience of our most valuable guests.

Finally, please allow me to invite you once again to Two Seasons on your next Boracay trip. Our room rates are the most competitive in comparison to the other contemporary, bigger, high-end resorts in Station 1 area.

We are totally optimistic that your kind consideration will ensue into much anticipated choice, making Two Seasons Boracay your "only home-away from home"!

Most sincerely,