“White Beach is amazing, and Two Seasons is as good a place as any there”

Two Seasons Boracay Resort
Ranked #29 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Bali, Indonesia
“White Beach is amazing, and Two Seasons is as good a place as any there”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

White Beach is amazing. There are a lot of hotels in its 5 kilometer length, probably broadly in 3 categories - slums, mid range and a couple of flasher examples.

Two Seasons is probably as good as any in the mid-range sector. Located at Station 1, it is slightly quieter than the busy station 2 area, but only a short walk.

The suite rooms are quite nice, their superior rooms are fine, but nothing special. If you are in a superior room, avoid 305 or 306, they stare straight at an ugly building next door. And you can tell the rooms on the ground floor along the walk way would be dreadfully noisy at night.

Everywhere in Boracay is expensive for accom, compared to Bali or Phuket, but arguably the beaches make it worthwhile. The suites at Two Seasons are probably good value comparatively, while the superior rooms are a little expensive for what you get.

The staff are nice enough, no one was amazing though. The beach staff are a bit over the top about pool security. They must have had a lot of towels stolen over the years...

The breakfast is quite good, they try to vary it a little. We did even try other hotel breakfasts and Two Seasons was better.

Overall the food in Boracay is average in quality and quite touristy. Kasbah is great.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LookingLooking

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Two Seasons Resort for seven nights. We were disappointed for a number of reasons.

1) If you stay in a Deluxe room be aware that it is like being in a dungeon and was depressing. The rooms are situated on the ground floor along the main corridor so you can hear everyone walking past your room. You cannot open your curtains because people can see directly into the room. The other rooms also appeared to lack privacy particularly those that looked out onto the pool.
2) There is nowhere near enough sun-lounges to cater for the amount of guests staying at the resort. We only managed to secure two sun-lounges on two of the seven days we were there.
3) The breakfast buffet was disappointing. We have stayed at so many hotels and the range of western food was very poor - only toast (no other pastries), cereal and eggs. I think it would be good if they offered pancakes and french toast. They do but you have to pay for it. There were also not enough tables at breakfast and on a couple of days we had to share with other guests.
4) Whilst massages on the beach appeared nice we found it quite off putting as they often did the massages between the cabanas which is where people eat and drink. Watching people have dead skin scraped off the bottom of their feet whilst trying to enjoy food was quite disgusting.
5) People trying to get you to buy jewellery and other trinkets whilst you are within the hotel grounds was annoying and it really was constant. The hotel should really not allow this to happen.

On a positive note, the transfers were good and well worth paying for. Overall, cleanliness was good and the bathroom was nice. The staff were generally friendly but after having just spent two weeks in Thailand it just didn't compare although we did find Jose to be very nice! Mandala Spa was really nice!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank philandcat
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 January 2011

My husband and I stayed for 4 days and 3 nights in room 201 which is a Junior Suite. Room was big enough for the both of us. I liked the balcony and the window below the TV that looks out into the sea. It was fantastic to be able to see the sea the first thing in the morning when you wake up. Everything was clean. Bathroom was large -- something I truly appreciate since there are some resorts that try to limit bathroom space.

Best part of our stay were the people who worked at 2 Seasons - from Jun, the Manager, Arlene at Front Desk, to Noel our waiter, and the massage therapists, etc. THEY WERE VERY GOOD. They were efficient, pleasant, respectful and attentive to our needs. They're level of service is comparable to 5 star hotels :-) I was impressed with them.

I do have one tiny complaint. But this might be insignificant for you as they said I am their only guest who has ever complained. I am very sensitive to smells, particularly bad smells. I complained that the exhaust from the kitchen below was blowing into the hallway of our room and our balcony. It was nauseating for me. I hate the smell of food, especially the deep frying, or heavy oil. I smelled this sometimes coming in thru the air conditioner. I simply closed the balcony door and air conditioner. ANd whenever we went in and out of our room, we quickly closed the door so the smell won't go in. Again, this might be insignificant to you. But if it is possible, I'd request the room 202 over 201 since it is further away from the kitchen.

I will definitely go back. if I will be going with my kids, I will book the family rooms. If it were my hubby and I again, we'd stay at the junior suite 202 :-)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlene C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We stayed at the two seasons from the 22-27 Dec. We were very glad that we choose the right hotel for our Christmas get away.
The moment we touch down, everything was taken care of. We were transfered to the hotel by a private boat and Van.

The staffs were very courteous and make you feel at home. We stayed in the Junior suite sea facing room. What a fantastic view, especially when you get up in the morning, we could see the sea through the glass panel from the room. Its soooooo inviting.
We had our compulsory Christmas Eve Dinner at the Hotel. I was not that impressed with the food, however since its the season of giving, I am not complaining much.

We had a couple of massages at the beach, by the hotel Therapist. It was a good experience, however on the last day of stay we went to the Mandalay Spa. Though it was expensive, we enjoyed the serenity and the attention to detail.
All in all we will definitely stay here again, when we are back in Mar.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Bless55
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Two Seasons is located on the best beach Boracay has to offer which is the Boat Station 1. The hotel offers a modern concept for their rooms and facilities. Staff were great, friendly and helpful. Best features of the hotel are:
1. Best location (beautiful beach front)
2. Awesome staff
3. Modern decorated rooms and facilites
4. Wifi at the cabanas, beachfront!
5. Free shuttle service to nearby attractions
6. Great drinks at the bar plus long happy hours :))
7. DVD player in each room
And the list goes on..
Highly recommended for families or couples.Should stay for at least 4nights to enjoy the beauty of Boracay at an excellent hotel.

2 Thank suvanimokhtar
Philippines
Reviewed 23 December 2010

We stayed here for three nights. From the check-in to check-out, the staff's friendliness and eagerness to help were consistent. It's a good choice for us because it took us five months to decide which hotel to choose. We considered the reviews of service, location and of course, the price. Here's my two pennies worth:

This hotel is located at Station 1, the quiet and more relaxed part of White Beach. Station 1 has the nicest stretch. Their shore line is much bigger than the two stations, 2 and 3. Station 1 also has the powdery sand.

Room: We stayed in their Superior Room. Very clean. They had total of six pillows (two throw pillows and four bed pillows). I like their iPod dock. Air conditioner was very cold but the blanket was thick enough to warm you. I also like the towels. They're very fluffy.

Breakfast: It's ok. I think they should add pancakes or french toast. The breakfast was very Filipino. I even saw one foreigner ordering French toast.

Staff: The nicest. The friendliest.

Facilities: Pool was very clean although very shallow, just 4 feet. But still ok, you have the entire sea just few steps away to swim all day and all night.

Restaurant: I think it's overpriced for its taste but it's ok.

Internet: They have WiFi on the lobby area, and at the restaurant. Wired connection in rooms. For two nights internet was slow during wee hours. Hope it gets improved.

I may have some mediocre comments here, but I will still recommend this hotel. This deserves to be on the top list. The nicest staff, from the sound of their voices on the phone to their faces, you know they are smiling and very much willing to help you. I enjoyed my stay here. Definitely coming back :)

2 Thank vacaymode
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 7 December 2010

We stayed 2 days and 1 Night in this hotel. Just a quick weekend trip from Manila. There is nothing at all to complain about. Upon our arrival at the Caticlan airport, a person was outside the baggage claim area holding up a Two Seasons Resort sign. We approached him and he indicated that we have the option of taking a private van from the airport to the Dock, a private boat from the Caticlan Dock to the Boracay Dock, and a private van from the Boracay Dock to the Hotel for the reasonable price of php500 per person. We took advantage of this and glad we did. We reached the hotel in less than 30 minutes. Check in at the hotel was quick, however because we arrived very early in the day, we could not get into our room immediately. In the meantime, the hotel had some cabanas by the beach and lounge chairs where we relaxed until our room was ready. While waiting, we availed ourselves of on-site massages which were reasonably priced and oh so relaxing. Soon after our massages by the beach, we were informed our room was ready. The room was very nice: good size, nicely decorated, clean, free wired internet. The bathroom was large and had great amenities. The location of the hotel was great, in a quiet part of the beach. I certainly would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank jinapsan