“Bad service: food too much expensive and doesn't taste good”
Review of HunaHuna Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cebu Island
HunaHuna Resort
Ranked #92 of 212 Hotels in Cebu Island
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
“Bad service: food too much expensive and doesn't taste good”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

This place is not recommended for those who want to have a party. The place is too peaceful. The facilities are good but the seashore is very rocky-- this place is not recommended for those who love swimming and snorkeling. Furthermore, their food service is not good and its too expensive. The food per serving is too little for the price. I and my family really hated the food. Indeed, we were not satisfied. I think the value of those serving is worth only Php 1,000.00 when in fact we paid almost 3 thousand.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank triptriptrip343

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 26 October 2012

For those of us with neither the time nor the funding to travel to Santorini; HunaHuna is the closest thing we, locales, could ever get to experience. When I glumly stepped out of the car and saw the majestic view from the top, I never expected to see such a place of beauty! It was like being transported to Greece! If only I had known, I would have braided my hair, donned a floral headband, and wore a loose fitting dress with Grecian borders at the hemlines with laced up gladiator sandals.

HunaHuna Beach resort sits atop a cliff overlooking the Aegean sea, I mean Camotes sea. The resort imbibes a Mediterranean feel – serene atmosphere and enchanting and timeless romance. Their flooring gives an old-world elegance. The strong wooden doors with double locks provide privacy and security. Careful attention was observed, from the choice of beds, linens, curtains, etc.

Bed quality is very important in the hotel industry yet most hoteliers fail in this department but HunaHuna passed the bed test with flying colors! The pillows are plump and the linens are spotless! I slept like a Grecian Princess and woke up as my old self, but better and ready for work battle! I once stayed in a hotel which boasts of orthopedic beds promising to improve the quality of sleep, but for some reason, I slept better in HunaHuna. Now, I don’t feel too bad for Sleeping Beauty.

Before retiring for the night, breakfast arrangements were already in place. I was asked to select my complimentary breakfast, what time I’d like it to be served, and where to set it up. You may nicely request to have it brought to your room at your specified time and they’ll set it up for you in your private veranda. I started my day with a good meal while enjoying the sun’s spectacular show of its rising!

Sometimes, the city life weighs me down. Everything is fast-paced that I barely find time to process my thoughts and just be still. In the process, it clutters my mind but I was able to regain my balance here. I went back to the city with a renewed spirit.

The rooftop also offers a great venue for small gatherings. This will pan out well for me because I like small evening parties. Great place for conversation, laughter, glowing candles, and yes, a bottle of wine and stale cheese! I would even consider getting married in this mini-Santorini piece of heaven, if only the space permits!

HunaHuna is also open for day use. Thatched roof cottages, outdoor showers, and clean restrooms are available for your utmost comfort!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nuebe N
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 8 October 2012

HunaHuna Beach Resort (HBR) is a small ocean-front resort located 45 km north of Cebu City. The resort facilities are unique in that many of the rooms are built into the side of the ocean-facing cliff. We have stayed there twice.

While not large, the air-conditioned rooms were great: Very clean, nicely furnished and decorated, the split-air-conditioning was quiet, the beds were comfortable, there was a mini-refrigerator to keep drinks and snacks -- really comfortable. The rooms had outdoor balconies overlooking the ocean.

Since there are essentially no activities (no swimming pool, TV, WiFi, etc.) other than wading or swimming in the ocean, the big draw of HunaHuna is the quiet peacefulness and beauty of the setting. It's a great place for getting away from the stress of "urban jungle" and/or to spend a block of quality time with loved ones. This is part of the quiet charm of HBR. (If you are looking for an action-packed resort with a lot of activities, HBR would not meet your goals.)

The restaurant serves good food and reasonable prices. I understand that some people stop at HunaHuna simply to eat as they travel by on the coastal highway.

Children: Although the HunaHuna experience is best appreciated by adults, our six year old daughter accompanied us. Based on our experience, here are some suggestions or considerations for parents visiting with children: (a) Because HunaHuna is built into the side of a cliff, there are lots of stairs, ledges, and other things which present tripping or falling risks to children -- so plan on actively supervising your child when they are outdoors. (b) Because there is "nothing to do" (and not even TV), you'll need to give some thought to toys and activities that your child can do while there. A laptop computer with non-Internet based games or with children's movies may be helpful. (c) Since the rooms are not large, there's only room for a single extra bed in a room. If you have more than one child, you will need to rent a second adjoining room to have adequate space.

I hope this review is helpful. If you are looking for a quiet get-away, HunaHuna may be just the place for you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank jiminalaska2010
asia, philippines
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was my first overnight trip and it was spectacular. First of all the resort is carved into a cliff so every room has an amazing view of the ocean. The rooms have been designed with a European feel and even complete with a fully stocked minibar. The one thing you will not have in the room is a TV - but it is something that you will not miss.

The staff at this resort is extremely friendly, they will take care of all your needs. You have a spa offering great massages. And the restaurant is first class. . . (Actually the kitchen looks better than most in the city), and the food is prepared perfectly.

So Yes! I am going back as this will be my new Weekend home!

I understand that a swimming pool is soon to be added and will be fed with natural spring waters- I cannot wait!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Alwaysondroad
Manila, Utah
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a great " date " place,,,The rooms facing the ocean afford a lot of privacy and with the ocean at your doorstep it's a perfect place to read,
chill with your companion and swim....surf boots are a help getting in the water but the water is very clean and the snorkelling is ok...the restaurant has wi fi and decent food....the atmosphere at night is almost bistro like and quite relaxing/intimate
The staff are tremendously helpful , dedicated, very friendly and kind....If you have a car the sightseeing to the north is great and worth an afternoon outing !

Room Tip: ask for one with a balcony facing the ocean